Player Discussion Talbot

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You are right. Talbot is looking at the worst numbers of his professional career and there is no plan B.
Better now than after we extended him. If he doesn't pick it up this year I'd imagine he'll get another chance year as a 1B and they'll go out looking for another guy to push for the starter job.

Reactions: Tekneek

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Better now than after we extended him. If he doesn't pick it up this year I'd imagine he'll get another chance year as a 1B and they'll go out looking for another guy to push for the starter job.

Unless your guy is an established superstar in the league, my opinion is that you must always have somebody ready to take his job. Even Hall of Famers had guys shadowing them that could take the reins for stretches at any moment.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
You are right. Talbot is looking at the worst numbers of his professional career and there is no plan B.

I really hope there is something more than Carey Price as a potential plan B.

fwiw, the relatively short contract that Chia gave Talbot is looking awfully good at the moment. Reasonable cap makes him easyish to trade or the Oilers could bring in a better backup at a couple million.

Reactions: Tekneek

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
talbot looks lost and letting in a goal the first few shots seemingly every game isn't helping him or the players in front of him. I think his teammates are afraid to "go for it" because they don't feel like he's going to be able to make the saves if they do screw up. At least that's what I see. But the entire team other than McDavid is playing like garbage anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad