Talbot over Lundqvist- Coach's blunder or stubbornness

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

Why doesn't Vigneault take a page out of his book??

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Lundqvist is the best goalie on the planet. Talbot might be 40th best or something. That simple.

Plus, you never alienate your starting goalie, face of the franchise and true superstar. Crawford vs Darling is doable. This simply isn't.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

No. Just no. He's given up maybe 2 or 3 soft goals? The rest have been a function of the team in front of him letting Johnson, Palat, Kucherov, Stamkos and Killorn do whatever the **** they want in the offensive zone.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
:shakehead

If he started Talbot over Lundqvist and then he got lit up fans would be calling for his head.

MOD.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is not a great idea, Lundqvist hasn't been great, but he is the face of that franchise and he is the answer in net if they are going to go any deeper this year. All of the Rangers need to start playing better.

I would have him on a quick hook though in game 4, if for no other reason than to send a huge message if they fall down quickly.

Still he is going to be the guy for the Rangers as he should be.

BigBush*

For some reason I immediately thought of the movie The Dictator when I read this thread. Anytime someone did something the dictator didn't like, he just killed them lol.

Lundquist has a bad game, so he's benched... Lol no, hes the best goalie he is, it takes more then a bad night not to start him

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario

It's now 10:01, be can rule out coach's blunder.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Makes sense to sit one of the best goalies in the world.

This isn't the regular season. You go with your best players in the lineup at all times come playoffs.

BobbleHeadNight*

Hot take, OP. Shocking to see a knee jerk reaction on HFBoards, though.

It like almost never happens.

Sigmapete1

May 20, 2014

Luckily the Rangers don't have to choose between Crawford and Darling.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY

You really hate to see this kind of posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad