Talbot over Lundqvist- Coach's blunder or stubbornness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

Why doesn't Vigneault take a page out of his book??

Because it would be more like taking a page out of Tikhonov's book than Quenneville's.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
You live with Lundqvist and you die with Lundqvist.

He is far and away the Rangers MVP, so not starting him would be idiotic.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
You can;t really blame Cam's Mom for starting this thread.

Lundqvist lets up 4 or more goals

HF consensus: The poster is a psychic and absolutely correct. Let's show everyone how right this OP is.

Lundqvist lets up 1 or less goals

HF consensus: The poster is an expletive and completely wrong. Let's show everyone how wrong the OP is.

Lundqvist lets up 2 or 3 goals

HF consensus: Let's not bump this thread yet.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Did the OP really just use the example of Crawford in Chicago, where pretty much anyone with a pulse puts up amazing goaltending numbers behind Keithbrook (Niemi, Crawford, Darling, Emery, etc). Who's the last goalie that sucked in Chicago anyways.... Huet?

And try to relate that to the best goalie on the planet Lundqvist in New York?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Did the OP really just use the example of Crawford in Chicago, where pretty much anyone with a pulse puts up amazing goaltending numbers behind Keithbrook (Niemi, Crawford, Darling, Emery, etc). Who's the last goalie that sucked in Chicago anyways.... Huet?

And try to relate that to the best goalie on the planet Lundqvist in New York?

Many things wrong with the OP, maybe the worst in HF history.

Even if Lundqvist got lit up in Game 4 again, the thought of starting Talbot, I'll keep it simple and say...just no.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

Why doesn't Vigneault take a page out of his book??

That is why you are not coaching in the NHL right now.

That right there is a panic move.

Lets take a second to recognize that while Hank can be better (and he was) not enough credit is being given to the Lightning for making the Rangers D and G look ordinary.

The lightning do a great job against the Rangers defence and they should be given the proper credit.

Hank or Cam in net is not going to change the outcome of the series. I live and die with my #1 in nets.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
See Los Angeles Kings, circa 2014.

Yeah that year was crazy. Real crazy. Though I wasnt talking about a year specifically but rather that the Rangers have been climbing out of their deep behinds to win series they maybe shouldn't have several years in a row :laugh:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I would have respected OP more, if he came back into this thread and admitted he was wrong, instead of just posting that ridiculous thought and then disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad