Talbot over Lundqvist- Coach's blunder or stubbornness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

Why doesn't Vigneault take a page out of his book??

Crawford isn't on the same level as Lundqvist.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
After watching Lundqvist give up six goals in each of the past two games, I though for sure Vigneault would start Talbot in game 4. In the post game Vigneault laughed when asked who starts in net the next game.

Lundqvist is being lit up like a Christmas tree right. The Bolts have his number and the Rags skaters aren't giving much help. I'd say make a change just to attempt to throw the other team off balance.

Quenneville didn't hesitate to yank Cawford in favor Darling when the Preds got the better of the veteran. He didn't hesistate to reverse the move when the rookie was being lit up. If Quenneville hadn't made those gambles the Hawks would probably be golfing right now instead of competing for the Cup.

I dont know if i should thank you or feel sorry for you.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Funny how the narrative changes when it's Lundqvist instead of Price :laugh:

"Price played bad because he gave up 6 goals once"
"Lundqvist is still great even though he gave up 6 goals twice in a row"

Lundqvist still has been better in the playoffs in his career compared to regular season unlike Price. Lundqvist still has a better GAA and SV% this year playoffs then Price even with those two bad games for Lundqvist.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Can't wait for this thread for Game 5:

Vaselinevskiy or Bishop? Is Cooper stoopid, or just plain dumber?

:sarcasm:

Bishop is not Lundqvist. If it wasn't for Montreal giving him warm up shots in round two, his playoffs have been shaky to say the least. That being said, Cooper won't make a goalie change.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Bishop is not Lundqvist. If it wasn't for Montreal giving him warm up shots in round two, his playoffs have been shaky to say the least. That being said, Cooper won't make a goalie change.

As rough as it's been for Lundy in this series he's still posting an .891 save percentage in the 4 games compared to Bishop's .882.

Comparing Lundqvist to Crawford is a joke. One is a franchise goalie, the other is totally expendable. I'm really not a fan of playing goalie musical chairs in general but definitely not in the conference finals.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Let me get this out of the way, Cam Talbot is a great kid and I hope he goes somewhere for a full time job.

I'm so glad I don't have a good share of the posters on here on my hockey team, present or past.

The OT goal last game is all on Hank, he knows that. But really people? So many wanting to drive him out of town after 2 games. Shame on you, and put yourself in the position. Really.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If you wanted to find out the definition of "false dichotomy," you could look it up in a dictionary or on the internet. Or you could just observe the title of this thread.

SenatorArmy*

I remember when Talbot scored the 2 Stanley cup game goals....couldn't believe it when I heard he was playing goalie now

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You live and die by your star players. Great players have bad games too. It's how they respond is what sets them apart.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Let me get this out of the way, Cam Talbot is a great kid and I hope he goes somewhere for a full time job.

I'm so glad I don't have a good share of the posters on here on my hockey team, present or past.

The OT goal last game is all on Hank, he knows that. But really people? So many wanting to drive him out of town after 2 games. Shame on you, and put yourself in the position. Really.

Lundqvist really should have had that shot, i cursed like drunken sailor when he failed to stop that.That said no way should 4 skaters have acted like pylons. It was just a bizarre sequence of rangers fails.

it was really weird seeing all these posters claiming series was over when it was 1-2. I dont know if there is a team in the league that has come to win like the rangers while being on the brink.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden

Now this is "what have you done for me lately" if I have ever seen it, or it was at least before last night's game. Are you advocating for playing Lundqvist over Talbot again after tonight, seeing as Lundqvist got 1st star of the game once again?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
You live and die by your star players. Great players have bad games too. It's how they respond is what sets them apart.

Indeed so, or sit Lundqvist and that scrub St Louis so that things will start working out...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
aV laughed when asked by a reporter . Game 4 is why plus the fact hank is the best . Come on people

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I like Talbot, he's a good goalie, probably the best backup in the league but at this time of year you always start Lundqvist unless he can't play due to injury.

Ron*

Lundqvist really should have had that shot, i cursed like drunken sailor when he failed to stop that.That said no way should 4 skaters have acted like pylons. It was just a bizarre sequence of rangers fails.

it was really weird seeing all these posters claiming series was over when it was 1-2. I dont know if there is a team in the league that has come to win like the rangers while being on the brink.

See Los Angeles Kings, circa 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad