Talbot Named NHL First Star of the Week

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I say Sekera is a good #4. I dont mind him with Fayne. Id like to see him and Vat/Demers next year tho

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Wish he had shown up earlier when the games still mattered.

He had a bad 6 game stretch of Starts at the end of October/through November and otherwise has been excellent all season. Lets not pretend like that stretch is what sank the Oilers season. In fact the team was still very much in the playoff hunt by the time Talbot turned that stretch around.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
He had a bad 6 game stretch of Starts at the end of October/through November and otherwise has been excellent all season. Lets not pretend like that stretch is what sank the Oilers season. In fact the team was still very much in the playoff hunt by the time Talbot turned that stretch around.

this. what sank this team's season were injuries to key players/no depth to handle said injuries. Losing Klef hurt, but that shouldn't sink your season.

Talbot has been all we could ask for. He's not a top tier starter (and there only about 5 of those), but he is a looking like a legit 2nd tier starter.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Glad to see he's getting some recognition. Guy's been excellent for the past few months.

Great acquisition.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I think Sekera is better than a #4. I'd say he's an elite #3 with the ability to play on the top pairing with a stud #1 carrying the load.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
this. what sank this team's season were injuries to key players/no depth to handle said injuries. Losing Klef hurt, but that shouldn't sink your season.

Talbot has been all we could ask for. He's not a top tier starter (and there only about 5 of those), but he is a looking like a legit 2nd tier starter.

What sank the team is when we needed two top 4 guys last year and MacT went and made it a lot harder on us by changing that to 3 top 4 guys after moving Petry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad