Talbot Named NHL First Star of the Week

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You add 2 top 4 D and get Klefbom back and suddenly his first star of week turns into a month which turns into a Vezina nom :sarcasm:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I remember the first 2 months of the season where Talbot was horrible and kept letting in shots from below the goal line. Just a complete 180 in play since he retook the net from Nilsson.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I remember the first 2 months of the season where Talbot was horrible and kept letting in shots from below the goal line. Just a complete 180 in play since he retook the net from Nilsson.
All his bad goals were very similar too. Which is why i think it was so easy to turn that around.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
You acquire enough goalie (Fasth, Scrivens, Nilsson, Talbot) eventually youll find a starter

Have Talbot as #1 for next 2 years, maybe Brossoit develops enough by then to challenge him

I don't have my hopes up on Brossoit but time wlil tell.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
He has been incredible for months now behind the worst D in the NHL. Wouldn't surprise me if he's actually a top 10 goalie in the NHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I remember waking up late that second day of the draft but thinking I was going to be extremely choked if Calgary got him, thankfully I saw that Slats' did the right thing and traded him here, lol.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005

So even with the best goalie in the NHL (statistically) the Oilers are 12-13-3 (8-13-3 before this four-game run) which ranks 23rd in the NHL during that time. Hopefully they think long and hard about what needs to be done to legit improve this team next season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So even with the best goalie in the NHL (statistically) the Oilers are 12-13-3. Hopefully they think long and hard about what needs to be done to legit improve this team next season.

Powerplay needs to improve badly so does the D.

I actually think the PP is the biggest bottleneck right now.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Powerplay needs to improve badly so does the D.

I actually think the PP is the biggest bottleneck right now.

I think you're 100% right.

The thing that worries me is the most likely offseason moves will be two of Eberle, Hall and RNH moved out for two defencemen. I guess if the defencemen are offensive that should help the PP but most likely one of them will be Hamonic.

Basically, the expectation is that offence up front will diminish but if the D can provide more offence maybe there will be an overall improvement there.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think you're 100% right.

The thing that worries me is the most likely offseason moves will be two of Eberle, Hall and RNH moved out for two defencemen. I guess if the defencemen are offensive that should help the PP but most likely one of them will be Hamonic.

Basically, the expectation is that offence up front will diminish but if the D can provide more offence maybe there will be an overall improvement there.

We are right near the bottom in goals for per game. We can't score goals with all the talent up front. Our lack of defensive talent is annihilating our offence.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
We are right near the bottom in goals for per game. We can't score goals with all the talent up front. Our lack of defensive talent is annihilating our offence.

Lack of puck movement is biggest cause. To often puck is just throw off the glas sin our zone and the only way forwards enter zone is after a battle. If we had good puck movers we could hit our forwards in speed.

Also D arent a threat from the point

And our depth scoring sucks

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Outside of Sekera and Klefbom we have no defenceman that can get the forwards the puck in full flight or have a big slap shot from the point. Davidson was staring to develop all of that so that's a positive.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I really don't like Sekera's game. He's a #4 in my opinion. Guy can't get shots through, can't skate very well, is not physical, is rarely seen make a breakout pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad