Proposal: taking on Moulson

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Without reading every post - Buffalo is not in position to trade Moulsons contract, especially 32 OA.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It goes deeper than I thought. When Jame goes out to eat, he replaces the management.

The manager stocked the kitchen with Indian ingredients, gave the cook Italian recipes, and put Greek menus on the tables.

The food sucked...

Some people blamed the food
Some people blamed the cook

The manager told me he needed time to evaluate things.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
No chance. We have two picks in the top-93 in this draft. We aren't giving away #32 so that we don't have to pay Moulson for another season during a year in which we have no cap issues, and can buy out other players.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
We’re all telling you the 32nd overall is a bit outrageous! That’s way too much to make sense for Buffalo

No thats completely fair! I can totally see why y'all feel that way. If it were reversed and it was the Canucks giving up Moulson this year I'd say no as well. If it was a year or 2 ago though I would have highly considered it. Point being Buffalo with their current situation dont need the cap space so its too much value going out for the added cap space even given the locker room situation.

I also did not realize Moulson's salary was only 3M for the remaining year. Now as a poster had suggested above, he would prefer giving away Pominville, if it were him instead would that change things? If not, what would y'all say is fair compensation to take on either of these 2 players?

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No thats completely fair! I can totally see why y'all feel that way. If it were reversed and it was the Canucks giving up Moulson this year I'd say no as well. If it was a year or 2 ago though I would have highly considered it. Point being Buffalo with their current situation dont need the cap space so its too much value going out for the added cap space even given the locker room situation.

I also did not realize Moulson's salary was only 3M for the remaining year. Now as a poster had suggested above, he would prefer giving away Pominville, if it were him instead would that change things? If not, what would y'all say is fair compensation to take on either of these 2 players?

3rd -7th round picks and/or prospects that have run out of waivers

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/buyout-conversations-bogo-pommer-beaulieu.2468299/

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
It goes deeper than I thought. When Jame goes out to eat, he replaces the management.

I hope Jame brings back the classic battling knights avatar and has Jame on the left with the mace, and Generic Restaurant Managers on the right getting beaten down.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Murray was asked about Moulson during his presser. He said something to the effect of he'll be making a decision on him after his playoffs. I think Botterill thinks he can find a taker.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Murray was asked about Moulson during his presser. He said something to the effect of he'll be making a decision on him after his playoffs. I think Botterill thinks he can find a taker.

Arizona seems like the usual dumping ground for cap purposes.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Arizona seems like the usual dumping ground for cap purposes.

I will be so disappointed in Murray if he uses assets to disappear Moulson, but keeps Pominville on the roster... it’s a plausible outcome, but only because Botts has demonstrated incompetence in roster construction/opportunity

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't know if it will take assets to disappear him - Arizona needs to stay above the cap floor for next season. They're $6 million under the current cap floor for next season with only Domi needing a big pay bump.

And yeah, ditching Pominville would be best. He simply does not fit unless Eichel is carrying him and that just hobbles Eichel.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't know if it will take assets to disappear him - Arizona needs to stay above the cap floor for next season. They're $6 million under the current cap floor for next season with only Domi needing a big pay bump.

And yeah, ditching Pominville would be best. He simply does not fit unless Eichel is carrying him and that just hobbles Eichel.

Has there ever been a team that took on somebody's dead weight just to meet the floor?

In my mind, Murray pretty well demolished that idea when everyone realized, oh, you can just overpay someone you would like to sign anyways.

It's a competitive league, and it seems like you wouldn't want to give up that service for free if you don't actually need it.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Removing a player who does not occupy a regular roster spot in buffalo is relatively pointless.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Has there ever been a team that took on somebody's dead weight just to meet the floor?

In my mind, Murray pretty well demolished that idea when everyone realized, oh, you can just overpay someone you would like to sign anyways.

It's a competitive league, and it seems like you wouldn't want to give up that service for free if you don't actually need it.

Arizona has done it pretty regularly. Making sense of the Pronger-to-Coyotes trade - Sportsnet.ca

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Moulson has the cap hit to get them up to the limit and a deal after the 1st of July puts him at only $2 million in actual salary. That seems ideal to a cap team like the Coyotes.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Weeeeelll, they got a guy who played 58 games for them the next year with that, and they also were $8M above the cap floor in the relevant season, meaning Prongers $6M hit didn't do anything they really needed.

Clearly there are deals where teams eat dead salary. But I don't think it happens without somebody getting something they really value outside of the cap for cap's sake.

Reactions: sabrebuild

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nothing. We're not a contending team pressed for space. Keeping our young assets/picks is infinitely more valuable than dumping one year of Moulson.

You can take Bogo if you want though.

Reactions: Chainshot

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Moulson is too valuable for us to trade imo. Maybe something like Boeser + Horvat + 2018 3rd gets the needle moving but anything less and Botteril is hanging up.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad