TBN: Tage Thompson: He's fit. He's tanned. He's ready to dominate.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I feel like I'm reliving the early career Risto saga again. Each off season he's getting bigger, soon video will surface of Tage lifting a tire and we are all like "maybe this is his year".
He's only 21 years old. Future Sabres Hall of Famers Johann Larsson and Dominik Kahun were 23 when they broke into the NHL as a full time players.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
You're right. He's 21 in giraffe years.

Another tough day at work. Just wrapping it up and it started at 6:30 this morning. I'm in health care in a hospital and in a management role. The Covid vaccine roll out has been very challenging - for the last month or so. It's also very rewarding so no complaints, but I really needed a laugh and that did it for me. Thanks

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Another tough day at work. Just wrapping it up and it started at 6:30 this morning. I'm in health care in a hospital and in a management role. The Covid vaccine roll out has been very challenging - for the last month or so. It's also very rewarding so no complaints, but I really needed a laugh and that did it for me. Thanks
It's a stressful, non-stop work environment during normal times. I can't imagine what it's like now.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
giraffe-sunbathing-on-beach-cute-600w-1212218914.jpg

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
This article is worthless without a bicep measurement on Tage. If he is really fit, he needs to prove it by showing off the circumference of his biceps. If his pythons are at least 18", then I think we are in business brother.
Or, we need an IG video of Tage and Casey side by side doing pull-ups. First one to drop to the floor carries the others gear for a month.

Tage got in shape through a revolutionary program invented by Carole Baskins and her ex husband called BigCatFit:
Problem with any Carole Baskins program is on rare occasions one of the side effects is disappearance under strange circumstances.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If Tage becomes a physical 2 way player who consistently puts up 20-20 seasons playing in the middle 6 I would be happy with that. Tage has been criticized more due to the circumstance of how he became a Sabre then what he has done since arriving. He wasn't fully ready and was rushed to the NHL (not by us either but by "model franchise" St.Louis).

Tage since then has put the work in himself and has developed himself physically quite a bit. Which is why him getting hurt in the very first game he played last year was just so disheartening and typical Buffaluck.

The Sabres obviously believe in him or else they wouldn't have gave him 3 years. And if he pots 15-20 goals this season that contract becomes a massive steal for year 2 and 3.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
We need to keep this thread going periodically throughout the season, especially if the season is canceled. It could become the Sabres equivalent of the Jokinen / Turkey Girl thread...

Just the Internet Archive to my knowledge and not only are the captures spotty there (understandably so), but also you need to know the thread number to avoid spending a good amount of time trying to locate what you're looking for.

Here's the first 17 or so pages of Olli Jokinen and Turkey Girl for anyone interested:

Caption/Photoshop this photo - HFBoards

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If Tage becomes a physical 2 way player who consistently puts up 20-20 seasons playing in the middle 6 I would be happy with that. Tage has been criticized more due to the circumstance of how he became a Sabre then what he has done since arriving. He wasn't fully ready and was rushed to the NHL (not by us either but by "model franchise" St.Louis).

Tage since then has put the work in himself and has developed himself physically quite a bit. Which is why him getting hurt in the very first game he played last year was just so disheartening and typical Buffaluck.

The Sabres obviously believe in him or else they wouldn't have gave him 3 years. And if he pots 15-20 goals this season that contract becomes a massive steal for year 2 and 3.
I was surprised they didn't keep him up last season. He looked like a beast in camp and could have held his own in the NHL. It was for the best that he had the time in the AHL to develop his game, but he was more ready than Mitts. I don't have any doubt he's going to be a solid player for the Sabres.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I feel like I'm reliving the early career Risto saga again. Each off season he's getting bigger, soon video will surface of Tage lifting a tire and we are all like "maybe this is his year".

And just like Risto, the core issue will be the processing speed of the "muscle" between his ears.

But people will bring up on how much stronger and bigger and faster he looks so he must be a better player.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
And just like Risto, the core issue will be the processing speed of the "muscle" between his ears.

But people will bring up on how much stronger and bigger and faster he looks so he must be a better player.

Can we not start some complete BS narrative that his issues in the NHL were because he was dumb . That was never the issue . He was too weak which led to him getting knocked around and off the puck a lot. So he played more as a perimeter player. Which led to him forever trying to toe drag guys and avoid high traffic area (like the front of the net and along the walls). He needed work on his defense but no more so than any other player his age.

Once he came back last year you saw him attacking the front of the net/along the walls because he was stronger. It’s why he was also very good and occasionally dominate in the AHL. Unfortunately we never got to see him try those things NHL because of his injury.

Bean pole Tage getting knocked around looked like a baby giraffe trying to walk. Which lead to the giraffe theme we see in all of his threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad