Confirmed with Link: Tage Thompson agrees to 3-year entry-level deal

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
The 9 game trial is for players from Canadian Jrs. Sounds like Tage is doing what Parayko did, which is sign his ELC for next year and then playing the rest of this year on an ATO (amateur tryout contract) which allows him to play in AHL but not NHL. This has dual advantage of not burning first year of his ELC (like JS did when he came straight to Blues out of CC) and also not counting as a year of pro experience viz-a-vis future expansion (which is why Parayko is exempt from expansion draft since his ATO year didn't count).

Thanks for the information!

Sounds like this is a great situation for TT and the organization. Really excited to watch him play for the Wolves.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have a good feeling about TT. He's going to be a big part of this team turning the corner in 2 years.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Dooooooope. I love it. Can't wait to see what he can do on the Wolves under Berube. If Berube/Sydor/Tkaczuk can elevate his game the way they elevated Barbashev and Blais', this kid is going to be a monster.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
2017-18

Schwartz Stastny Tarasenko
Schwartz Berglund Perron
Fabbri Barbashev Kyrou
Agostino Brodziak Thompson

Why play the games? Just give the Blues the cup.. :sarcasm:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Sweet. Glad he's reporting to the Wolves for the rest of the season. It'll be great experience for him and he'll get a taste of pro hockey and thus should know exactly what he needs to work on this summer.

Then again, he probably already knows given who his dad is but the experience will still help!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm really happy about this. I got excited when Pierre mentioned it on Sunday, but was preparing myself for a let down. I fully expect the Wolves to play at least 2 playoff rounds and I'm excited that he can be around for that. This allows Berube and the staff to evaluate him more this year and tailor an even better offseason plan. Most importantly (IMO), this will bring his total games played number this season to a number much closer to an NHL schedule. I'm a big fan of NCAA hockey, but the biggest drawback is the limited number of games when compared to Major Junior. Tacking on an extra month+ of hockey should help him learn what it means to prep your body for the grind of an NHL season.

This is the most excited I have been about a Blues thing since we called up Barby the first time around.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Too much pressure on the Blues now given the circumstances they've created now, so I'm sure they aggressively pushed to get this kid signed and I bet they'll push to get him in the lineup next year too. Hope they don't ruin his development.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Imagine if we didn't suck and have to bring up all of these guys from the Wolves. They would be stacked.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Too much pressure on the Blues now given the circumstances they've created now, so I'm sure they aggressively pushed to get this kid signed and I bet they'll push to get him in the lineup next year too. Hope they don't ruin his development.

I think he'd be better off dominating in The AHL next season, and not playing for The Blues from the season's start.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

Apart from him catching the "non-shootitis" that afflicts every Blues player, he should be OK.

That should be the prerequisite for our coaches...get them to shoot more.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Dooooooope. I love it. Can't wait to see what he can do on the Wolves under Berube. If Berube/Sydor/Tkaczuk can elevate his game the way they elevated Barbashev and Blais', this kid is going to be a monster.

Then they should be coaching in STL next year! :naughty:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good stuff. I think he made the right choice. Hopefully he'll get a good playoff run with the Wolves. I'm interested to see how his offensive game stacks up at the professional level.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
While I'm excited about this and hopeful for the future I'm wondering if we aren't getting ahead of ourselves. Tage was just shy of ppg this year, for perspective didn't Kyle Connor come close to 2 ppg his draft plus 1? I know different schools and stuff but it's tough for me as someone who doesn't get to watch college hockey to look at his stats compared to some really successful college players of the last few years and say that he has the production to be ready to be an impact in the NHL. Hopefully I'm wrong.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I appreciate guys more if they stay in school and get their degree but lots of them don't do that. Regardless, I am cool with this contract. Hope he can have a good NHL career and be a star for the Blues.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I appreciate guys more if they stay in school and get their degree but lots of them don't do that. Regardless, I am cool with this contract. Hope he can have a good NHL career and be a star for the Blues.

You need to get 'chu a man that can do both!
cut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad