Confirmed with Link: Tage Thompson agrees to 3-year entry-level deal

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Super excited for him and possibly cracking the lineup next season. For what it's worth, an ex NHL'er who used to be a development coach for an NHL team was at a UCONN game recently and told me he believes Thompson should play in the NHL next year

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Thought he would go back for another year but I don't mind him going to the AHL. At this point, there really is no point in staying another year at UConn.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The article says the contract starts next year, but he is reporting to the Wolves (time undetermined). I assume they mean he is reporting right now for his 9-game trial? Is that correct? The Wolves have 17 games left, so they can play him in roughly half of their games. Does anyone know if the playoffs count? If he does well, can they play him in the playoffs, without counting toward the 9 game ELC burn?

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Hopefully we get to see him in the AHL for the remainder of the season. It would be nice to get him some professional playoff experience. Berube has done an excellent job with our prospects so far.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Didnt Army say recently he sees Thomson with the blues in the very near future? Im pretty sure JR also said in one of his articles that the blues are looking at him as early as next year to possibly make the roster also.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
The article says the contract starts next year, but he is reporting to the Wolves (time undetermined). I assume they mean he is reporting right now for his 9-game trial? Is that correct? The Wolves have 17 games left, so they can play him in roughly half of their games. Does anyone know if the playoffs count? If he does well, can they play him in the playoffs, without counting toward the 9 game ELC burn?

The 9-game trial applies to the AHL? I'm not too familiar with this type of situation, but I believe Parayko signed his ELC, then went on to finish the season in the AHL, playing 17 regular season games and 5 playoff games. Are the two situations different?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The 9-game trial applies to the AHL? I'm not too familiar with this type of situation, but I believe Parayko signed his ELC, then went on to finish the season in the AHL, playing 17 regular season games and 5 playoff games. Are the two situations different?

The 9 game trial is for players from Canadian Jrs. Sounds like Tage is doing what Parayko did, which is sign his ELC for next year and then playing the rest of this year on an ATO (amateur tryout contract) which allows him to play in AHL but not NHL. This has dual advantage of not burning first year of his ELC (like JS did when he came straight to Blues out of CC) and also not counting as a year of pro experience viz-a-vis future expansion (which is why Parayko is exempt from expansion draft since his ATO year didn't count).

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I thought the nine game trial only dealt with CHL players?

Was also under the impression that if you signed a three year ELC mid-season you couldn't play on a PTO and had to burn that first year of the contract.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I thought the nine game trial only dealt with CHL players?

Was also under the impression that if you signed a three year ELC mid-season you couldn't play on a PTO and had to burn that first year of the contract.

You can sign ELC midseason out of college and then finish out year on ATO and not burn year. This is what Parayko did and sounds like what Tage is doing.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Fabbri/Sanford - ????? - Thompson

The "Why do all our 'center' prospects project as wingers?" line

Hang on...I think it's time to draft somebody winger prospects and hit 'em with the ol' reverse Blues development curve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad