T6S GM Game v2.0 - Game Thread (READ THE OP, NEW RULES)

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
:flyers

Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Blake Wheeler ($5.600m)
Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m—50.0%) / Patrik Elias ($2.750m—50.0%) / Jannik Hansen ($0.675m—50.0%)
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($2.500m—50.0%) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nikita Nikitin ($1.075m—50.0%) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,040,070; BONUSES: $2,000,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,959,930

VS

:hawks
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Mike Ribeiro ($2.750m—50.0%) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Devin Setoguchi ($1.500m—50.0%) / Sam Gagner ($4.080m—15.0%) / Radim Vrbata ($1.500m—50.0%)
Milan Hejduk ($0.750m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Nate Thompson ($0.800m—50.0%)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / James Wisniewski ($2.750m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Mac Carruth ($0.767m)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $72,144,652; BONUSES: $150,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,348

Let's compare these teams line by line, shall we.

1st forward line : Vanek-Toews-Kane vs. Lucic-Giroux Voracek. These are two very good 1st lines for sure, that said I think mine definitely has an edge. Lucic is a great power forward yes, but can produce no where near the offensive chances that Thomas Vanek can. They are two different players, hard to compare. Toews and Kane are two legit NHL superstars, both with two cup rings to their name. They proved to have chemistry in the playoffs last year, Kane is highly regarded as either the top Winger in the game, or at least top 3. Voracek is not even close to that status. I also think many people would take Toews over Giroux. Both are great players. Both can produce points, but Toews has a clear advantage on defense, as well as leadership.

2nd forward line- Sharp-Ribeiro-Hossa vs. Hartnell-Lecavalier- Wheeler. I think this is where we have a fairly big advantage. While Vinny is nice, he is outproduced by Ribeiro. Especially when you put Ribs next to two great scorers in Hossa and Sharp. Hossa is a much better player on offense and defense than Wheeler as of now. Wheeler has some great potential though. Sharp and Hartnell are about equal, Hartnell is more physical, Sharp is a much better scorer.

3rd line - Setoguchi-Gagner-Vrbata vs. Jagr-Elias-Hansen. Both teams went for the more skillful and offensive 3rd line, rather than a gritty defensive one. I do think his 3rd line is a bit better here though. Though you have to admire the numbers Gagner put up last year, Elias has consistently put up good numbers and I'd take Jagr over Seto as well, (but that's close actually). RW, I have him beat fairly easily. Vrbata is a 30+ goal scorer who should produce well next to Gagner and Seto.

4th line- His is better. Don't feel like writing about them :laugh:

1st pairing- Keith-Seabrook vs. Edler-Weber. This is a very tough matchup here. I'd call it a draw, knowing how much Keith and Seabs step it up come playoff time. That said, Weber is the best D-man in the NHL. (besides 3rd overall Chara ofc.)

2nd pairing- Beauchemin-Hedman vs. Timonen-Coburn. This is a very easy win for my pairing here, I'm not sure how anyone could argue the other way so I won't type a lot here.

3rd pairing- Hjalmarsson-Wisniewski vs. Nikitin-Schenn. I also think this is a win here for me. Hjalmarsson was arguably Chicago's best d-man in the playoffs and a great shut down guy. Wiz is a great offensive guy who can run the PP as well. I think I win this one pretty big too honestly.

G- Crawford and Schneider are about equal, it's hard to sway it in eithers side based on what we have seen so far.

So overall, we have a bit better offense, a much better defense, and goalie is about equal. I believe the Hawks are the better team here. We can outplay them skill wise, and our defense is loaded with defensive guys to shut down Giroux, and Voracek.

Vote :hawks

Damn that was a long write.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I don't feel like writing a huge response, but I have to say this:

I don't think you have that large of an advantage on the 2nd line. Wheeler is probably close to PPG as of now, and he is big, speedy, and can score goals. Lecavalier is closer than you may think to Ribeiro, he has been overshadowed by his contract.

On your third line, Hansen and Vrbata are very different players. Obviously Vrbata>Hansen, but Hansen was the highest scoring Vancouver forward last season not named Sedin, and he is one of the best forecheckers in the game. His speed is a constant threat to the opposition night in night out.

My first pairing is close with yours, but I think I definitely have an advantage. Weber>Keith and Edler=Seabrook. I think Weber is the kind of player that would complement Edler perfectly, and vice versa.

On the second pairing, you definitely have an advantage, however, Coburn is a great shutdown dman, and Timmonen is a massively underrated offensive defenceman. He can put up points, quarterback the PP, and not be a huge liability defensively.

On the third pairing, I think that Nikitin and Schenn would be a good bottom pairing, capable of shutting down the opposition, and they have small offensive upside too. Yours probably wins here too, but I think that this would be adequate for a series win, even a Stanley Cup win.

Goaltending is not incredibly close. Schneider is a better goaltender than Crawford, no doubt about it. Schneider has put up better numbers behind a worse team. If you want to point to Schneider's playoff numbers in comparison with Crawford, I point at Ray Emery's stats last season. Being behind Chicago's defence in real life isn't an incredibly difficult job.

VOTE :flyers OVER :hawks

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
I don't feel like writing a huge response, but I have to say this:

I don't think you have that large of an advantage on the 2nd line. Wheeler is probably close to PPG as of now, but he is big, speedy, and can score goals.

True, but mine is still better. Sharp>Hartnell, Ribs>=Vinny, Hossa>Wheeler

On your third line, Hansen and Vrbata are very different players. Obviously Vrbata>Hansen, but Hansen was the highest scoring Vancouver forward last season not named Sedin, and he is one of the best forecheckers in the game. His speed is a constant threat to the opposition night in night out.
They are different players for sure, however I'm not sure how Hansen would do with two mainly skill and perimeter players in Jagr and Elias. I think Vrbata is obviously a much better player, and also fits better with his linemates(in this game).

My first pairing is close with yours, but I think I definitely have an advantage. Weber>Keith and Edler=Seabrook. I think Weber is the kind of player that would complement Edler perfectly, and vice versa.

I believe they are about as equal as pairings can be. Neither Weber nor Edler have shown much in the playoffs, while Keith and Seabrook have both showed their 2 rings on their hands.

On the second pairing, you definitely have an advantage, however, Coburn is a great shutdown dman, and Timmonen is a massively underrated offensive defenceman. He can put up points, quarterback the PP, and not be a huge liability defensively.

I honestly don't think it's close between these two pairings. Mine is better

On the third pairing, I think that Nikitin and Schenn would be a good bottom pairing, capable of shutting down the opposition, and they have small offensive upside too. Yours probably wins here too, but I think that this would be adequate for a series win, even a Stanley Cup win.

See what I said for 2nd pairing

Goaltending is not incredibly close. Schneider is a better goaltender than Crawford, no doubt about it. Schneider has put up better numbers behind a worse team. If you want to point to Schneider's playoff numbers in comparison with Crawford, I point at Ray Emery's stats last season. Being behind Chicago's defence in real life isn't an incredibly difficult job.

Regardless, Crow has proven he can win with a good team in front of him. We just added Beauch and Hedman, his job only gets easier. I think they are equal.

VOTE :hawks OVER :flyers

Responses in bold.

south-park-1511-broadway-bro-down-clip11.jpg

Last edited:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
[FIELDSET=Your President's Trophy Winning LA KINGS]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Jamie Benn - Anze Kopitar - Dustin Brown
Evander Kane - Bryan Little - Jeff Carter
Carl Hagelin - Mike Richards - Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford - Jarret Stoll - Jordan Nolan

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty - Marc Staal
Jason Garrison - Slava Voynov
Robyn Regehr - Mark Streit

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

[/fieldset]

Best of luck to CBK and the Blackhawks! No campaigning here, may the best team win!

VOTE :kings2

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Vote :hawks

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Mike Ribeiro ($2.750m—50.0%) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Devin Setoguchi ($1.500m—50.0%) / Sam Gagner ($4.080m—15.0%) / Radim Vrbata ($1.500m—50.0%)
Milan Hejduk ($0.750m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Nate Thompson ($0.800m—50.0%)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / James Wisniewski ($2.750m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Mac Carruth ($0.767m)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $72,144,652; BONUSES: $150,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,348

Vote :hawks!​

Best of luck to Produce. Should be a great series.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:nhl

Stanley Cup Finals

:kings 4-6 :hawks

Congratulations to CBK and the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup. This GM game is now officially over​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad