T6S GM Game v2.0 - Game Thread (READ THE OP, NEW RULES)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
:nhl

The league has announced that it is in serious financial trouble, and Head League Imp Gary Bettman has a daring plan to fix it:

Step 1: Get the stars to big markets - Teams have been divided into "safe" and "dispersal". The safe teams are financially stable, and the NHL wants the stars to play in these cities for marketing purposes. To make that happen, a three round dispersal draft will be held, where the 16 "safe" teams choose players from the 14 "dispersal" teams (lists are below). Snake draft order is done on REGULAR SEASON standings from last season among the 16 teams. There is not a prospect round. If a "safe" team wants a prospect, they have to pick them in one of the three rounds.

Step 2: Get rid of seven weak markets and keep the others competitive - The "dispersal" teams need to stay competitive in order to draw attendance, so after the dispersal draft, the 14 "dispersal" teams will be combined through a snake team draft in which each "dispersal" GM picks two teams to combine. One GM will have picks 1 and 14, one will have 2 and 13, and so one. This way, seven weak markets are gone, and the teams stay at the level of the "safe" teams.

If you want a "safe" team, PM me your top three. If you want to be a dispersal GM, PM me "I want to be a dispersal GM". You obviously can't pick which "dispersal" team you are. Note that "dispersal" GMs get to pick their two teams after the Dispersal Draft, so they know who is gone and who is still there.

T6S GM Game v2.0
To join the game pm me your top 3 teams you want, or that you want to be a dispersal GM. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"]
  • Main Commissioner - Top 6 Spaling
  • Co- Commissioner-donghabs98
  • Co-Commissioner- Virothepyro
  • Trade Commissioner-JI123
  • Trade Commissioner- Habsfannick
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start:
  • Dispersal Draft:
  • Team Draft:
  • Trading Opens:
  • Trade Deadline:
  • Entry Draft:
  • Voting:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $72,000,000M (subject to change)
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
    [*]Use CapGeek to find players salaries
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap
  • Teams have an unlimited number of waives
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent toHabsfannick. You do not need our approval before posting your trade. Just simply send it in and post it. However the league does have the right to reject the league within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • Any trade, NTC or not, announced before being sent in will be vetoed.
  • You may not make any trades untill you post your roster.Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be offical untill your roster is posted
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="NTC/NMCs"]

NO NTCs THIS GAME
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeekTry to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="RFA"]
  • The team that owns the player can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • For new time members. Due to past history with rookie mishaps if you are a member looking to give GM games a try I ask you to become an assistant GM to a veteran GM first to learn the ropes. After which if you have shown that you can handle being a GM and show good knowledge at evaluating a player's value I will try and assign you to an available team.
  • If you are a new GM but have past experience in fantasy games or in such please pm me as you might be exempted from being an assistant.
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
  • Offical League Chatzy
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="NEW TO THIS GAME"]

Teams are divided into "safe" and "dispersal". The difference is at the top of this post.

Dispersal and team drafts: See the top of this post.

For ease of identification, dispersed teams will take the location of the team picked first and the mascot of the team picked second (i.e Nashville Lightning, Carolina Flames, etc.)

No NTCs

72mil cap

Voting: Standing will be sent in with all 23 as if they were in one conference. 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15, and so on. The final seven enter the KLLR bracket, with 23,22,and 21 getting a bye first round.

[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Safe Teams"]
  • Boston: VanIslander
  • Chicago: CoachBadKitten
  • Colorado: 87and71
  • Detroit: Datsyuk Dangles
  • Edmonton: Beaudangles19
  • LA: The Produce Man
  • Minnesota: Habsfannick - VirothePyro
  • Montreal: PriceIsGod
  • NY Rangers: trick9
  • Ottawa: BarDownBobo
  • Philadelphia: JI123
  • Pittsburgh: Roman Yoshi
  • St. Louis: HankTheTankYolo
  • Toronto: DonutLee
  • Vancouver: Kesler2Burrows
  • Washington: Top 6 Spaling
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Dispersal Teams and GMs"]
Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Florida, Nashville, New Jersey, NY Islanders, Phoenix, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Winnipeg

GMs: Donghabs98, batmansuncle, JayP812, Lilina, EastRiver, LatvianTwist, Thee GM
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
This thread is locked for a number of reasons. I will open it when the game begins.

1. This way, you actually have to PM instead of post in the thread for teams.
2. It ensures we don't start til Dong's game is over.
3. It makes it more likely that people read the OP.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I know this is a confusing game.

FAQ:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I am planning on opening the Dispersal Draft thread today. Start getting your lists together, and once the thread is posted, Colorado can make the first pick, but the clock won't start until Dong's game ends.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'm moving into my dorm early tomorrow, and working all day today starting in like an hour. If the dispersal draft starts soon I will need an assistant.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
To quote T6S: "kinda poetic though, Weber to PHI"

Although... I have just under 3 million in capspace now -_-

EDIT: and next time T6S, wait until my pick to update the draft board :laugh:

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
:hawks looking to get a 2C as well as an offensive defenseman. Goalie upgrade maybe. and maybe looking to move up in draft.

All specs and picks OTB as well as Leddy, Saad, Tervanien ect.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
:flyers have a trade completed for a defensive partner for Weber, just waiting for trading to open. Looking to move all specs and entry draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad