T6S GM Game v2.0 - Game Thread (READ THE OP, NEW RULES)

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Vote :hawks

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Mike Ribeiro ($2.750m—50.0%) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Devin Setoguchi ($1.500m—50.0%) / Sam Gagner ($4.080m—15.0%) / Radim Vrbata ($1.500m—50.0%)
Milan Hejduk ($0.750m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Nate Thompson ($0.800m—50.0%)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / James Wisniewski ($2.750m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Mac Carruth ($0.767m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $72,144,652; BONUSES: $150,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,348

Vote :hawks!​

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Blake Wheeler ($5.600m)
Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m—50.0%) / Patrik Elias ($2.750m—50.0%) / Jannik Hansen ($0.675m—50.0%)
Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($2.500m—50.0%) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nikita Nikitin ($1.075m—50.0%) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,040,070; BONUSES: $2,000,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,959,930

I believe my team definitely has the ability to beat PiG's. He made a good team but mine can beat his up with the likes of Lucic, Hartnell, and Weber, and Voracek, Wheeler, and Edler, among others, are physical and big too. Giroux, Lecavalier, Timmonen, Jagr, and Elias are all very skilled, along with the aforementioned players. If the opposition manages to get to our net, Cory Schneider has shown that he can be a superstar. Not that PiG's habs will be able to get past Edler and Weber :sarcasm:

VOTE :flyers OVER :habs
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($3.769m—50.0%) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Max Pacioretty ($4.500m)
Matt Moulson ($1.567m—50.0%) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Ray Whitney ($2.250m—50.0%)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.175m)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / Ryan White ($0.700m) / George Parros ($0.938m)
DEFENSEMEN
P.K. Subban ($2.875m) / Dan Hamhuis ($2.250m—50.0%)
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($2.000m—50.0%)
Mike Green ($6.083m) / Mark Giordano ($2.010m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($0.675m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (4.691% of upper limit)
Andrei Markov ($2.013m—35.0%) Josh Gorges ($1.365m—35.0%)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,949,606; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $50,394

I seriously think i beat him in most positions, theres some where he beats me like Giroux > Thornton. however theres no doubt in my mind my team is stronger in much more positions. Price only had one bad playoff game this year, anderson was just a beast IRL and price was playing injured, Subban - Hamhuis is an incredible pairing that combines so many aspects. Although JI Has made an incredible team i wish him the best of luck in the series.

Vote :habs over :flyers though ;)

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($3.769m—50.0%) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Max Pacioretty ($4.500m)
Matt Moulson ($1.567m—50.0%) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Ray Whitney ($2.250m—50.0%)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.175m)
Bryan Bickell ($4.000m) / Ryan White ($0.700m) / George Parros ($0.938m)
DEFENSEMEN
P.K. Subban ($2.875m) / Dan Hamhuis ($2.250m—50.0%)
Brian Campbell ($7.143m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($2.000m—50.0%)
Mike Green ($6.083m) / Mark Giordano ($2.010m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($0.675m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (4.691% of upper limit)
Andrei Markov ($2.013m—35.0%) Josh Gorges ($1.365m—35.0%)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,949,606; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $50,394

I seriously think i beat him in most positions, theres some where he beats me like Giroux > Thornton. however theres no doubt in my mind my team is stronger in much more positions. Price only had one bad playoff game this year, anderson was just a beast IRL and price was playing injured, Subban - Hamhuis is an incredible pairing that combines so many aspects. Although JI Has made an incredible team i wish him the best of luck in the series.

Vote :habs over :flyers though ;)

It's been a while since we've had a good debate in this thread... my team> yours AINEC ;) :sarcasm:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
[FIELDSET=Your President's Trophy Winning LA KINGS]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS
Jamie Benn - Anze Kopitar - Dustin Brown
Evander Kane - Bryan Little - Jeff Carter
Carl Hagelin - Mike Richards - Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford - Jarret Stoll - Jordan Nolan

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty - Marc Staal
Jason Garrison - Slava Voynov
Robyn Regehr - Mark Streit

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

[/fieldset]

Don't bother voting pens. We are very disappointed with our finish.

He said it.

But, despite our opponent throwing in the towel, we think the Penguins are a very good team and will not take this contest lightly. They did some good things this offseason and as a result have a good group of forwards, and a much improved defense. The biggest plus? They no longer have Marc-Andre Fleury picking up Pekka Rinne in the leagues dispersal draft. On the other hand, they no longer have Sidney Crosby, the best player in the NHL. We feel that overall we have a stronger, much more consistent group of forwards. On defense, we feel we have the superior group loaded with Playoff experience. The Conn Smythe Winning experience of Jonathan Quick gives us the edge in net as well. We wish the Penguins organization, and Roman Yoshi luck in what should be a fantastic series!

VOTE :kings2

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario

extralarge.png

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

[/fieldset]

He said it.

But, despite our opponent throwing in the towel, we think the Penguins are a very good team and will not take this contest lightly. They did some good things this offseason and as a result have a good group of forwards, and a much improved defense. The biggest plus? They no longer have Marc-Andre Fleury picking up Pekka Rinne in the leagues dispersal draft. On the other hand, they no longer have Sidney Crosby, the best player in the NHL. We feel that overall we have a stronger, much more consistent group of forwards. On defense, we feel we have the superior group loaded with Playoff experience. The Conn Smythe Winning experience of Jonathan Quick gives us the edge in net as well. We wish the Penguins organization, and Roman Yoshi luck in what should be a fantastic series!

mfw the opponents talk about how good the other team is and focus on that, not theirs...

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Zetterberg and Datsyuk of Detroit are quality but imagine them facing Bergeron, Chara and Lundqvist in the playoffs (on the same shift!). Boston is built to neutralize opposing centers. Third line Bruin Krejci with emerging Simmonds on his wing would tear up Weiss and Helm in the postseason. And the Wings' acquired Semin isn't exactly a playoff beast with 15 goals in 51 career playoff games. He has talent but is not clutch. Detroit acquired McDonagh and Burns for its top pairing but the fact is they'd be competing for third pairing status on the Bruins blueline (a team strength). Detroit acquired Perry who was one point ahead of his team's 5th place playoff scoring McDonald in their successful cup run even though he played a lot less minutes so he could have some impact in this series, though his counterpart on the Bruins, Marchant, was one goal shy of Krejci for team lead the year Boston won the cup.

It'll be a close series, but in net and the blueline there's a clear Boston advantage, and the Bruins have the centers to neutralize the Wings' pivots and the clutch performers and grit to win a close playoff series. Detroit's Emmerton, DeKeyser and Kindl ought to be playing golf by now, not being starters on a Final Four team.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Zetterberg and Datsyuk of Detroit are quality but imagine them facing Bergeron, Chara and Lundqvist in the playoffs (on the same shift!). Boston is built to neutralize opposing centers. Third line Bruin Krejci with emerging Simmonds on his wing would tear up Weiss and Helm in the postseason. And the Wings' acquired Semin isn't exactly a playoff beast with 15 goals in 51 career playoff games. He has talent but is not clutch. Detroit acquired McDonagh and Burns for its top pairing but the fact is they'd be competing for third pairing status on the Bruins blueline (a team strength). Detroit acquired Perry who was one point ahead of his team's 5th place playoff scoring McDonald in their successful cup run even though he played a lot less minutes so he could have some impact in this series, though his counterpart on the Bruins, Marchant, was one goal shy of Krejci for team lead the year Boston won the cup.

It'll be a close series, but in net and the blueline there's a clear Boston advantage, and the Bruins have the centers to neutralize the Wings' pivots and the clutch performers and grit to win a close playoff series. Detroit's Emmerton, DeKeyser and Kindl ought to be playing golf by now, not being starters on a Final Four team.

and now, a message from the previously scheduled broadcaster

His defense and goaltending may be better, but let's not believe all this ********. His second pairing is certainly not better than McDonagh - Burns, and Kronwall - Ericsson proved themselves to be a capable first pairing as the season went on. My third pairing is also better. Then on offense my team is leagues ahead of yours. The only place you have me is third line center and arguably first line right wing. While you have one of the best goalies in the league, my goalie has also proven himself to pick it up in the playoffs.

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Daniel Alfredsson ($3.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Corey Perry ($8.625m)
Joffrey Lupul ($2.625m—50.0%) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / P-A Parenteau ($2.000m—50.0%)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m)

Ryan McDonagh ($2.350m—50.0%) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Paul Martin ($2.500m—50.0%) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Johan Hedberg ($0.550m)

Vote :wings

Last edited:

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Blake Wheeler ($5.600m)
Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m—50.0%) / Patrik Elias ($2.750m—50.0%) / Jannik Hansen ($0.675m—50.0%)
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
------

I believe my team definitely has the ability to beat CBK's. He made a great team but mine can beat his up with the likes of Lucic, Hartnell, and Weber, and Voracek, Wheeler, and Edler, among others, are physical and big too. Giroux, Lecavalier, Timmonen, Jagr, and Elias are all very skilled, along with the aforementioned players. If the opposition manages to get to our net, Cory Schneider has shown that he can be a superstar. Not that CBK's Hawks will be able to get past Edler and Weber :sarcasm: My defense can definitely compete with his and my forwards are as deep if not deeper than his. In goal I think I have the advantage with Schneider over Crawford. My top pairing is one of the few in the league that can compete with his, and IMO is even better than his.

VOTE :flyers OVER :hawks

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
and now, a message from the previously scheduled broadcaster...

Congrats to Produce on making it this far. My team would win here though. While Produce has made some great additions, I've made many more, better ones. Zetterberg has proven in the playoffs that he can shutdown just about anyone. He's done it to Crosby several times, and he showed this past playoffs that he can shutdown Toews as well. His primary goal will be to shutdown Kopitar's line, which he is more than capable of. In the post Euro Twins era (after they were split up), Datsyuk and Zetterberg have generally had one good winger to share between the lines. 3-4 years ago it was Franzen, two years ago it was Filppula, last year there was pretty much nobody besides Franzen. We've added Perry, Semin, and Alfredsson to our top 6. Semin and Datsyuk would be one of the nastiest combos in the league, arguably the two most skilled players in the game. Zetterberg gets a former MVP winner in Perry, and a great playoff performer in Alfredsson. With all this said, we believe we have the better top 6 quite easily. While Mike Richards on the third line is very sexy, his third line wingers are just not at the level of ours. Lupul and Parenteau have been close to ppg players the last 2 years. Weiss has been a 50-60 point player against top competition with little to work with in Florida. We believe he'll flourish in a secondary role with first line wingers.

Now on to the defense, where both of us have 4-5 top pairing guys. Not going to knock Produce here, his defense is fantastic. But so is mine. Then at goalie Produce obviously has the advantage, though Howard has proven that he can step it up in the playoffs too, with a defense that had nothing but **** after the first pairing of Kronwall - Ericsson (now my second pairing) and after Dekeyser went down. Without Howard the Wings don't even make it to the second round, yet alone take the Cup Champs to 7, something Quick couldn't do with a better defense in front of him. I believe the huge offensive advantage I have wins me this series.

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Daniel Alfredsson ($3.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Corey Perry ($8.625m)
Joffrey Lupul ($2.625m—50.0%) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / P-A Parenteau ($2.000m—50.0%)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m)

Ryan McDonagh ($2.350m—50.0%) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Paul Martin ($2.500m—50.0%) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Johan Hedberg ($0.550m)

Vote :wings

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

extralarge.png

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

[/fieldset]

Well, it wouldn't be a GM game if there wasn't a Datsyuk Dangles/Produce showdown. Feels like we've done this song and dance before!

The Red Wings made several key additions through trade and the leagues Dispersal draft adding in high powered offensive players like Corey Perry, Alex Semin, Joffrey Lupul and quality defenders like Ryan McDonagh and Brent Burns. Add that to a core of Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Jimmy Howard and Nik Kronwall, and you have a very dangerous team, who is capable of making a lot of noise in the playoffs.

We do, however, think that our opponents assessment of our match up is a little too one-sided, and a bit off base here. How quickly we forget the dominant run of the Kings Stanley Cup performance in the '11-'12 season. It's one of the most impressive playoffs by one team that I have ever seen. That's the team we have built off of, and added star-quality complimentary players to an already stacked core. As good as Pavel Datsyuk is, he alone is not enough to stop a forward trio of Jamie Benn, Anze Kopitar, and our extremely physical captain, Dustin Brown. These are 3 big bodied, skilled players who mesh together very well. Should things falter, we have a second line capable of scoring at a first line rate featuring budding power forward Evander Kane, with his slick and skilled former Winnipeg team mate, Bryan Little. Add to that, the one-shot scoring ability of Jeff Carter, who I think will really push this line. Although they don't have the offensive skill of Detroit's 3rd line, our third line features blazing speed, hard hitting, defensive acumen with offensive abilities. This line is built for playoffs and will be key for shut down situations. Our 4th line is extremely capable and will see regular minutes. Jarrett Stoll's face off prowess and leadership will be a nice boost for his 2, young and physical line mates.

On the back end, we have both top end talent, and depth for days. Lead by franchise defender Drew Doughty, our group has excellent balance with puck moving, offensive defensemen, and strong defensive counterparts. In the net, going into the playoffs, I'm not sure there's a goalie in the NHL that I'd take over Jonathan Quick. He's a Conn Smythe winner and one of the games elite goaltenders.

We wish the Red Wings franchise luck in what's sure to be a tremendous series!

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
------

I believe my team definitely has the ability to beat CBK's. He made a great team but mine can beat his up with the likes of Lucic, Hartnell, and Weber, and Voracek, Wheeler, and Edler, among others, are physical and big too. Giroux, Lecavalier, Timmonen, Jagr, and Elias are all very skilled, along with the aforementioned players. If the opposition manages to get to our net, Cory Schneider has shown that he can be a superstar. Not that CBK's Hawks will be able to get past Edler and Weber :sarcasm: My defense can definitely compete with his and my forwards are as deep if not deeper than his. In goal I think I have the advantage with Schneider over Crawford. My top pairing is one of the few in the league that can compete with his, and IMO is even better than his.

VOTE :flyers OVER :hawks

to be fair Crawford won more playoff games last year then schneider did in his career, Crawford also has gotten some cups. he can be a very good goalie with a good team infront of him.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Vote :hawks

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Mike Ribeiro ($2.750m—50.0%) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Devin Setoguchi ($1.500m—50.0%) / Sam Gagner ($4.080m—15.0%) / Radim Vrbata ($1.500m—50.0%)
Milan Hejduk ($0.750m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.325m) / Nate Thompson ($0.800m—50.0%)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / James Wisniewski ($2.750m—50.0%)
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Mac Carruth ($0.767m)
------
SALARY CAP: $72,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $72,144,652; BONUSES: $150,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,348

Vote :hawks!​

Thanks guys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad