Switching back to Home Whites

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sounds like what you're looking for is a poll.

For my part, no. When they switched back to colours at home, I thought it was the best thing ever and my opinion hasn't changed. There are strong opinions on both sides, though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
For my part, no. When they switched back to colours at home, I thought it was the best thing ever and my opinion hasn't changed..

Agreed.

Colors are part of your team identity. The Rangers are blue. The Devils are red. The Flyers are orange. The Kings are black. The Bruins are black and yellow. That's inseparable from the identity of the team. You should wear your identity in your home arena.

Literally every team in the league uses white, it's just not an identity color.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not a Rangers fan , but have seen a few games this year and they have worn white at home.

Twice we did because the Penguins and Flyers asked us pregame if they could wear their colored alternates and we obliged. But it's not a regular thing.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Sounds like what you're looking for is a poll.

For my part, no. When they switched back to colours at home, I thought it was the best thing ever and my opinion hasn't changed. There are strong opinions on both sides, though.

Yeah, actually I tried to make a poll on this in the poll thread but I couldn't figure it out.

Scrobble

Jul 11, 2013
Can someone tell me what was even the logic behind wearing white at home? Or why someone would want that? It doesn't make any sense to me. Colors are a part of your team's identity so why not wear those colors at home?

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Can someone tell me what was even the logic behind wearing white at home? Or why someone would want that? It doesn't make any sense to me. Colors are a part of your team's identity so why not wear those colors at home?
My guess would be because it's more visually appealing, at least at a subconscious level, for the fans/season ticket holders.

Red @ White
Green @ White
Blue @ White
Black @ White
Red @ White

against

White @ Blue
White @ Blue
White @ Blue
White @ Blue
White @ Blue

Which seems more exciting?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Having the home team wear their team colour is better even if, generally speaking, I like the white jerseys more

HOLDITHERE*

I really don't even understand why anyone would want this. Your color jersey represents your team. I'm sure at least 90% of jerseys sold are colored. Those are what should be worn at home. It seems like a common sense thing, honestly.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Colours are better. Plus too few teams have whites that look better than the colours

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Colors at home are better but I don't really care either way. There's actually more logic to wear darks worn at home than whites.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
I prefer darks at home.

That being said, the ECHL wears whites at home for the first half of the season and darks for the second half. I thought that worked out pretty well and would be down for that.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I grew up with the "Home Whites" and would love for them to go back...but I'm pretty sure its White on the road for the future..
I believe the switch was because the majority of teams 3rd Jerseys were dark...it make travel easier to just pack the White Jerseys on road trips in stead of both in case a home team had a 3rd dark Jersey they were going to play with at home..

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Switch every ten years to keep it fresh.

goodidea.jpg

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Agreed.

Colors are part of your team identity. The Rangers are blue. The Devils are red. The Flyers are orange. The Kings are black. The Bruins are black and yellow. That's inseparable from the identity of the team. You should wear your identity in your home arena.

Literally every team in the league uses white, it's just not an identity color.

This.

Every team is the league has a white jersey. What separates your favorite team from other teams are the team colors. It's unique to only your team.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Whenever this comes up I say the same thing: we have high def TV. We don't need this kind of division in jerseys anymore. I think it should be whatever the two teams want, as long as the colour scheme on both sets of jersey is different enough; in the event of them being too close, home team has first choice.

Granted, that would mean possibly carting around two sets of jerseys per team, but I think billion dollar franchises could afford the extra weight and space if they wanted to do so.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
I love Habs home jersey (red).

I hate the white one, I find it really ugly compared to the red one.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I do remember reading somewhere that colored jersey sales outnumber the white jerseys sales by a fairly significant margin. So the league made the switch for marketing reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad