Switzerland: Swiss players in North America

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
It feels well to hear good news from Hiller !

2nd blanking in a row.

the guy's a beast ! he could lead/be part of a weakup for ANA.
I proclame that this is a Season turnaround for Anaheim.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
And another win for Hiller. And an assist for Sbisa who seems to get better every game.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
And another win for Hiller. And an assist for Sbisa who seems to get better every game.

They are on a string of good news, same for Josi and Diaz. Lets hope that all will move the same way. as well as on the junior levels (where progress is also impressive !!
We witness a nice movement of opening in Swiss Hockey,
+
Aebischer, the return !!!
Gerber, back to the roots with pleasant %saves.

Thank you
la classical renaissance or NeoGenesis ?

Last edited:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Let's rejoice about Streit.

Who had a tough year last year, where he couldn't play as much as desired ... he also had a tough year this year, where he didn't play as well as desired ...

Yet he improved as the year went by and yesterday .... he sort of scores a super goal ... a game winning goal ... in fact it crowns a serie of good games ... in other word ... Streit is Back

but c'est fini with the words. Now pictures ... and many in a row (like 24/min)

Game winning goal against LAK at 3.02
the 10'000th goal for the NYI !! quite a sign

Last edited:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
In an article on hockeyfans.ch here, they talk about the possibility of an upcoming transfer to NHL/AHL (2 ways and for 12/13 i guess) of Damien Brunner and Genoni.

Does anyone has some news on that ?
tks

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Brunner already had an offer last year (which he rejected due to his injury at the end of the season) and after his season I guess it's quite possible that some more teams have noticed him.

In case of goalies, Berra looked better than Genoni last year, and there are a lot of goalies around. Difficult to predict if one of those two will get a contract.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
According to todays Tagesanzeiger (although, it's the one of yesterday now :)) Damien Brunner will accept a contract from an NHL-team after this season. He'll decide after the WC, so it seems he already got more than one offer.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
thrilled to see what he can do in a short stint.

all the swiss media title him as topscorer of the whl. srsly, cant they read or what (i asked myself how they come to this and it must be from that flames news were they state him correctly as top (ten) scorer)? :laugh:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
thrilled to see what he can do in a short stint.

all the swiss media title him as topscorer of the whl. srsly, cant they read or what (i asked myself how they come to this and it must be from that flames news were they state him correctly as top (ten) scorer)? :laugh:

Actually he is in the top 10 but with 20 games less than the others. He is the only one having 2 points a game. the followings stand at 1.9 ... downwards.
:yo:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Bärtschi needs less than 20 minutes of icetime for his first nhl-goal.
Of course luck plays a role, but it wasn't a lucky flucky goal. It was a real one.
And actually a nice goal ! he tips the puck and then buries the rebound !
an ächte torjäger !
In my view he had 2 solid games.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Baertschi is simply amazing. It was spectacular how he scored in his last game vs Phoenix only after 17 secs. If you watch on this link :
here and click on Baertschi's goal ...
You will see how he observes the coyote's defense ...(19.45)... sees that he will do a lateral pass and dives into the trajectory he anticipates, then he intercepts the pass and ... scores.

i am impressed.

Baertschi der torjäger.

Does someone has some news on Josi ?
I hope it isn't a concussion !

Nice to see Streit in good shape.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The Blackhawks invited Simon Moser to their Development Camp in July, according to 20min.ch

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
The Blackhawks invited Simon Moser to their Development Camp in July, according to 20min.ch

nice to hear,
but he'll need one or two steps of developpment before he's NHL-ready IMO.

It is true that appart of Diaz, most needed a "NA hockey style" conditioning.

I am convinced that for exemple Wick or maybe even Ambuhl would have been NHLers if they would have stayed some more time. (Blindenbacher would have been more borderline IMO)

Whatever ... i was pretty happy about this info as well.

Hopefully others will rise the same interest.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
We'll see, he could turn into a solid 3rd or 4th liner at NHL-level. He's big, fears nothing and also can score. Getting those scoring-numbers with Langnau is very good.
And he's still young, a lot of time to progress. And the main difference to people like Wick and Ambühl is that he doesn't need a Top-6 role to shine. It's much easier to get into an NHL-team on the bottom lines.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Julian Schmutz could be the next young Swiss playing for the Winterhawks.

article

read the "Buzzing the net" section.

After Nino, Sven and now ... maybe Julian !

Some of you know him ? have some infos to share ? tks.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I've seen him in some U18 national team games, and was a bit disappointed considering the good thing I heard about him. On the other hand, he was a top scorer in junior, so maybe I just saw the wrong games.

And he's already in his draft year, so don't expect him to go there and end up picked in the first round like Niederreiter and Bärtschi.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I've seen him in some U18 national team games, and was a bit disappointed considering the good thing I heard about him. On the other hand, he was a top scorer in junior, so maybe I just saw the wrong games.

And he's already in his draft year, so don't expect him to go there and end up picked in the first round like Niederreiter and Bärtschi.

Thanks
He could end up like a good surprise.

At the end, on my side (and i am not as knowledgable as some of the other posters) The Sven, Nino, Sbisa, appeared out of nowhere on my nonshallow radar screen. So i am convinced that we will pull another good player out of the hat :)

I see and i know that we are on the right path to produce more players. Our league and decision people in hockey are driving the thing quite well.

Soon we will get podiums. I sincerely liked what our boys showed. And we have some young forwards that will soon be good. More than to simply replace Rutheman (even my wife knows his name ! my prefered Swiss player) and Pluss.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Sbisa was considered a good prospect before going to Canada, same with Niederreiter who had already made his NLA debut with Davos. Bärtschi came a bit out of nowhere, though.

On the other hand, Schmutz was ranked as one of the four most interesting prospects from Switzerland at season's start (along with Bertschy, Simion and Rouiller) but actually fell down the ranking and will probably go undrafted. It doesn't mean he can't turn it around, but he's not the next Niederreiter/Bärtschi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad