Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Shanahan is part of the presser Thursday as is Tre. Hard to imagine either would be there if they were about to be axed.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
and there it is:

Moved to the Friday news dump with Shanny in attendance. Outside of the coach f*** all is changing. :laugh:

So Shanny will basically announce "Sheldon Keefe is being relieved of his duties and they hope a new coach and voice in the room will bring the core 4 to a new level, and we hope to re-sign Mitch and JT as soon as July 1st" :help:

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Pelley being there is odd. But curious what he has to say, its a united front for this mess.

Shanny lasting this long is crazy. Guy won the lottery once Leiweke picked him taking MLSE to the cleaners for a decade producing a big zero

If keefe is getting fired, its likely tomorrow.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see Keefe return as well. What a joke of an organization this is becoming…

To be honest...

Do you really believe a coaching change would have any impact on the outcomes when we have 4 forwards at 11AAV+ next year?

Whats gonna push Marner to effing take the hit to make the play; or engage in board battles; lay a body or go to the net and no play perimeter hockey?

Tavares isn't getting any faster; dude is too slow to keep up with NHL speed IMO

Rielly's speed wasn't as good this season; and I am afraid he is probably not getting it back

Reactions: Sizzle and TMLAM34

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
and there it is:

Moved to the Friday news dump with Shanny in attendance. Outside of the coach f*** all is changing. :laugh:

Maybe they are planning to keep Keefe and will go out for a beer after to celebrate end of season...it's Friday night, right? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: supermann_98

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Pelley being there is odd. But curious what he has to say, its a united front for this mess.

Shanny lasting this long is crazy. Guy won the lottery once Leiweke picked him taking MLSE to the cleaners for a decade producing a big zero

If keefe is getting fired, its likely tomorrow.
Pelley could be there to say we are running it back but as a new unseen face so Shanahan doesn’t have too.
Nobody wants to hear Shanny say it for an 8th time so cue the new boss.

So hi, I’m a brand new guy and I liked games 5-7. See you in the fall.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The GM was never going to be fired after only one year. I don't particularly care if Shanahan stays or goes as I think people are over-estimating his impact on the lineup. The coach, however...
No issues with Tre. Shanny should be the next to go.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I made the mistake and watched some of the pressers, and wow. Rielly is the direct opposite to Tavares. I really get the sense that Tavares has 0 impact in the locker room lol. I was against the Tavares signing when the rumors started. Rielly should have been made captain.

What a mess. With Shanny seemingly coming back, "run it back" baby.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
So Shanny will basically announce "Sheldon Keefe is being relieved of his duties and they hope a new coach and voice in the room will bring the core 4 to a new level, and we hope to re-sign Mitch and JT as soon as July 1st" :help:
Ah what the heck, may as well bring back Sammy and T.J as well. Lets keep this band together am I right?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If Shanny stays, it just proves that the new CEO isn't on board with a new culture of accountability either, imo. How on earth you can preach a message of accountability from the top, down through your org, when you allow that snake oil clown to stay after a decade of failure is beyond me.

Enough with the "I need a year to evaluate" bullshit. It's the same f***ing garbage as it was last year with Tre, needing a year to evaluate Keefe. You want an evaluation? Go talk to any Leafs fan who has been unfortunate enough to watch the team play at home during the playoffs for the last 5 years. They'll tell you what you need to know. And it's not like these guys don't know anyway. Canadian citizens, living in Canada, where the Leafs are endlessly covered on TV?

f*** off that you need a year. By the time these morons go through enough evaluation years, Matthews and Nylander will be on the wrong side of 30, exiting their primes and our window will be closing.
The first words out of his mouth on overdrive was "making toronto a more global brand" or something along those lines. This org doesn't give a f*** about winning.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
To be honest...

Do you really believe a coaching change would have any impact on the outcomes when we have 4 forwards at 11AAV+ next year? - Depends on the coach, but they'll be judged moreso for qhat they can do in the 25/26 season when we wont have 4 guys at 11m+.

Whats gonna push Marner to effing take the hit to make the play; or engage in board battles; lay a body or go to the net and no play perimeter hockey? - If the system calls for it, I think so. I'll also say that Marner was poor for a lot of this year and a coach MIGHT help him focus more again and help with his game in the playoffs.

Tavares isn't getting any faster; dude is too slow to keep up with NHL speed IMO - Still an effective NHLer just nowhere near worth his contract aanymore. He's worth closer to half that total.

Rielly's speed wasn't as good this season; and I am afraid he is probably not getting it back - Rielly's speed will be fine. Good skaters rarely fall off a cliff in the speed department in their early 30s. A nagging injury is far more likely although we'll probably never know.

Marner, Matthews, and Nylander are all superstars with M&M having mediocre or worse playoff showings most years. I honestly think the right coach can get a lot more out of this roster in the playoffs and that is coming from a guy who thinks Keefe is a decent coach. Having said that, its hard to know who the right coach would be and to get them. I think you'd see a much better playoff team with Brind'Amour as the coach.

Its not the only issue, but even if we only improved our PP this playoffs and it was clicking at a realistic 25% we'd very likely be in round 2 and these guy's stats would look a lot better.

These guys keep saying they're "right there" and it's true to some extent. A coaching change MIGHT make that difference. However it's also true that they need to keep themselves from having their entire season come down to a single bounce almost every f***ing year.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
My guess is Keefe will be fired if they're dragging it to Friday.

Shanny might also become a lame-duck president where he doesn't have real powers but Pelley doesn't want the attention on himself. The way they speak at the press conference will shed light on this.
Yeah exactly. Word is they don't even want a president, so we'll see.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I made the mistake and watched some of the pressers, and wow. Rielly is the direct opposite to Tavares. I really get the sense that Tavares has 0 impact in the locker room lol. I was against the Tavares signing when the rumors started. Rielly should have been made captain.

What a mess. With Shanny seemingly coming back, "run it back" baby.

Speaking of dissapointment
Morgan Reilly

I really thought we drafted our cornerstone player. He showed flashes of being a top D in this league, at least from offensive point of view.

But dude has been a dud himself. Sure he gets points but really not an impacting player anymore

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
IMG_2537.png

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Speaking of dissapointment
Morgan Reilly

I really thought we drafted our cornerstone player. He showed flashes of being a top D in this league, at least from offensive point of view.

But dude has been a dud himself. Sure he gets points but really not an impacting player anymore
Good point. This year was not good for him.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Pelley could be there to say we are running it back but as a new unseen face so Shanahan doesn’t have too.
Nobody wants to hear Shanny say it for an 8th time so cue the new boss.

So hi, I’m a brand new guy and I liked games 5-7. See you in the fall.
Losers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad