Switzerland: Swiss players in North America

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Hockey analyst Bryce Chevallier on Gaëtan Haas:

Haas has been extended by Edmonton Oilers two months ago. (Source)

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
With Toews' and Kirby Dach's injuries and Strome's contract situation Suter and Kurashev have an unique opportunity to get very good minutes for Chicago this season. I hope they will take advantage of it as opportunies like this can make or break an NHL career. Especially Suter who has been a favorite of mine for a long time would really deserve the success at the highest level (not that Kurashev wouldnt as well).

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Suter has very good hockey IQ and underrated skill as well but he had to fight so much adversity on his way to the NHL with his size and draft status getting bearly noticed in the Islanders training camp a few years back. Lesser players would have given up a long time ago and been content with making very good money Zürich for the next 10 years. I am very impressed by Suters mindset he literally willed himself into the NHL like Streit did all these years ago.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Suter has very good hockey IQ and underrated skill as well but he had to fight so much adversity on his way to the NHL with his size and draft status getting bearly noticed in the Islanders training camp a few years back. Lesser players would have given up a long time ago and been content with making very good money Zürich for the next 10 years. I am very impressed by Suters mindset he literally willed himself into the NHL like Streit did all these years ago.

His mindset sounds exactly opposite to Roman Wick's one...

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
we think Swiss hockey has eclipsed Czechia and is now number 6 behind Canada, Russia, Sweden, USA, and Finland?
I don't think so. While NLA has surpassed the Extraliga in quality, the Czechs are still developing way more talent. You can see Czech players in all of Europe's top leagues, the KHL and the NHL. You see Swiss players either in the NLA or the NHL.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I agree on that. CZE has more quality. But SWI has had the better results lately. So it depends which is more important. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad