Swimming - Events Jul 24th-Aug 1st

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Here's the schedule for all the swimming events....

Swimming - Olympic Schedule & Results | Tokyo 2020

Here's an event preview...

Olympics preview: Tokyo Olympic swimming events more unpredictable than ever - Xinhua | English.news.cn
The events, which start on Saturday and include 35 disciplines in total, mark the introduction of the first ever mixed-gender swimming contest on the Olympic stage with the mixed 4x100m medley relay.
Tracey Holmes, a senior sports reporter and presenter with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation who is to cover her 12th Games in Tokyo, said it would be hard to predict performances of swimmers.
"We don't really know what the world rankings are like in so many sports because there hasn't been proper competition with everybody involved," she told Xinhua in an interview last week.
Spectators are another element that could affect athletes' performances, as this year's Games will go ahead with no spectators in attendance.

Therefore, Holmes said that some swimmers who rely on an atmosphere to get them going would be disappointed, whereas others who get nervous in front of a large crowd could feel more comfortable.

Last edited:

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Hell yeah! Canada wins a silver in the 4x4 women's relay! :D

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Flipping between CBC and NBC because both swimming broadcasts are incredible

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Looked like alot of mind games between Ledecky and Titmus despite the fact they were not in the same heat. Ledecky could have posted a better time but seemed to maybe not in order to see if she could get Titmus to overplay her hand and use too much energy now. Titmus without a doubt seemed to come out like a madwoman but then after the first 2 lengths slowed herself down. I don't know whether it was deliberate or not but could have been Titmus trying to show her, here is what I can do and oh yeah I'm not going to fall for your trap

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
What a battle between Titmus/Ledecky.

Too bad for McIntosh, but 4th place at the Olympics is impressive as hell for a 14-year old.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad