Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wouldn’t look at it as not paying Krug what you’d end up paying OEL. He’s simply the backup plan if they can make the cap work. Again you’d have to imagine they attempt to get some retention, or perhaps an alternative is to also cut bait with a contract to make up the difference (Moore). Interesting the Bruins keep getting mentioned though.
"Interesting?" I call it scary.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
OEL interests me but the big question is how. Arizona would have to eat $2mil and what would it take to get them to do that?

Same age as Krug. Bigger, whether he uses his size I don’t know. While I don’t watch him looking at stats in the last few years Krug has him beat but drastically different team situations.
I wouldn’t look at it as not paying Krug what you’d end up paying OEL. He’s simply the backup plan if they can make the cap work. Again you’d have to imagine they attempt to get some retention, or perhaps an alternative is to also cut bait with a contract to make up the difference (Moore). Interesting the Bruins keep getting mentioned though.
OEL is not what the Bruins need. That said, He is in a total different class then Torey Krug. OEL is a way better player.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Won't Alex Pietrangelo be the same price and cost the bruins no assets? Plays bigger and still has offensive skills?
Ya think.....?....Unless AP does not want to come. Which would be hard to fathom. Sweeney once again trying to show everyone he is the smartes guy in the room.....Like the player hate the contract...

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I don’t think OEL is particularly overrated I just wouldn’t touch that contract with a 10 foot pole. Someone on the main board just proposed DeBrusk, Frederic, 2021 1st and the UFA rights to Krug for OEL.

Reactions: JCRO

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
OEL interests me but the big question is how. Arizona would have to eat $2mil and what would it take to get them to do that?

Same age as Krug. Bigger, whether he uses his size I don’t know. While I don’t watch him looking at stats in the last few years Krug has him beat but drastically different team situations.

I really doubt your gonna get Arizona to eat 12M but if they would take back the Moore contract then it could work.

Reactions: wintersej

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Won't Alex Pietrangelo be the same price and cost the bruins no assets? Plays bigger and still has offensive skills?

Well 1st of all AP is likely staying in St.Louis and second if you can unload the Moore contract on them then it will be like getting him for 5.5 for the 1st 3 years. That's very different than the 9.5+ it would take to get AP.

Reactions: Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
If the Bruins were to land OEL there is going to have to be salary going back. It can’t be done other wise. I mean it can be, but the Bruins would then have to work the phones to relieve themselves are guys like Moore, and maybe even Kase.

I ran it through the armchair gm a few times just trying to get a feel for it. It would really limit their attempt to add a top 6 forward, but it wouldn’t be impossible.

The Coyotes are obviously motivated to move him, he won’t be cheap, but I also believe the price won’t be as outrageous as it could’ve been as early as last season.

Reactions: bbfan419

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't know how management can say they are looking to make changes and then resign Krug. If they resign Krug , looking to make changes means something different to them than it does to me and a few others I would imagine.

It would leave them with enough money to resign DeBrusk and Grzy.

Do they mean, switching someone from one line to the other?

This team needs wholesale changes.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ya think.....?....Unless AP does not want to come. Which would be hard to fathom. Sweeney once again trying to show everyone he is the smartes guy in the room.....Like the player hate the contract...
You mean he isn't?:confused::sarcasm: . I would much rather AP but not sure if he plays LD? OEL does play LD? I'm going by the fact that he's a LHS.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We signed 6'4" Nick Wolff a few months ago. Hes a tough SOB. Keep your eyes out for him. Thats size for ya

FWIW

"Fighting’s part of the game, though it’s slowly fading away,” noted Wolff, chatting over the phone Thursday from his folks’ home in Eagan, Minn. “But at times you still need it.
"You know, little guys in college can run around out there and run their mouths with that little [face] cage on. So at times that had to be put to a halt.

"I think defending your teammates is huge in the NHL. So yeah, if they need me to step out there and fight, to protect a teammate, I’ll be happy to do so. I enjoyed it in juniors, and can’t wait to do it again.”

New Bruin signee Nick Wolff embraces the tough side of hockey - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad