Management Sweeney: "Were Looking To Make Changes" IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I’m not sure where to post this so I guess here is as good a place as any. Not trying to hi-jack the thread (but didn't want to start my own thread).

With the Cup awarded and the RTP tournament over, I’ve decided to “retire” as a poster here on HF Boards. 18,000 posts later I figure I can at least give a retirement speech in any event. That's a lot of content when you think about it.

Rest assured I’m am leaving on a high note, this is nothing if not positive. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed (or maybe you have) I have been posting a lot recently, even more than normal for me. And I’ve had to face some hard truths. And the truth is, the time I’m spending on this board conversing, debating, arguing is impacting my real life. It has impacted my productivity at work, it has impacted my productivity outside of work. Things in my life are falling by the wayside. My work isn’t up to the level of which I am accustomed to. I’m doing a university course that is heavy and challenging, easily the most challenging obstacle of my academic life, and time I should be spending at that I’m spending here. I have a side-business that has a project about to commence that will require a lot of time and effort. Not to mention the day-to-day aspects of keeping a household going that we all face. I’m addicted to this board and something has to give because I can literally talk hockey, especially Bruins hockey all day.

I’m going to truly miss the conversations, debates, arguments with the myriad of people who gather here on HF Boards – Bruins to talk about the Bruins, hockey, and life in general. There is no where else that I’ve ever encountered where I can talk about the sport I love to the depth I can here, the depth that I enjoy. When I talk to my friends or even guys I play with, they can’t carry your jockstraps when it comes to your knowledge of the Bruins, the league and the sport of hockey. I truly appreciate all the conversations and debates we’ve had over the years. I’ve learned a lot reading your posts and replies.
I will also miss all the people who post here. I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you to a certain degree. This board, the Bruins board, is in my opinion the best team board not only on HF Boards but anywhere. There is a sense of community here, a sense of family here. And like any family were don’t always get along or agree, but ultimately we are all Bruins fans and are here for each other in some way.
When we got to Week 7 of the pandemic, I started to crack. Working from home, separated from my co-workers during the day, separated from my friends and family at night. And where did I come to for support and solace? Here to the board. I think that says a lot about the quality of the people who frequent here. It’s a wonderful group of people here and I’ll miss being a part of it, at least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully one day I can find the time to post again, but that could be many moons from now so for now I’ll have to say goodbye.

To each poster who reads this, I hope you and your loved ones stay safe, stay healthy, and stay together as we all move forward in 2020 and onward.

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”
Hockey is just entertainment when it boils down to it. Although some may get more engulfed than others. Appreciate your opinions, even when we didn't agree, it was respectful and thought out. Good luck with all the stuff in your life, man.

Take care of yourself, focus on you, the boards will likely be here if-ever you decide to come back.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I’m not sure where to post this so I guess here is as good a place as any. Not trying to hi-jack the thread (but didn't want to start my own thread).

With the Cup awarded and the RTP tournament over, I’ve decided to “retire” as a poster here on HF Boards. 18,000 posts later I figure I can at least give a retirement speech in any event. That's a lot of content when you think about it.

Rest assured I’m am leaving on a high note, this is nothing if not positive. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed (or maybe you have) I have been posting a lot recently, even more than normal for me. And I’ve had to face some hard truths. And the truth is, the time I’m spending on this board conversing, debating, arguing is impacting my real life. It has impacted my productivity at work, it has impacted my productivity outside of work. Things in my life are falling by the wayside. My work isn’t up to the level of which I am accustomed to. I’m doing a university course that is heavy and challenging, easily the most challenging obstacle of my academic life, and time I should be spending at that I’m spending here. I have a side-business that has a project about to commence that will require a lot of time and effort. Not to mention the day-to-day aspects of keeping a household going that we all face. I’m addicted to this board and something has to give because I can literally talk hockey, especially Bruins hockey all day.

I’m going to truly miss the conversations, debates, arguments with the myriad of people who gather here on HF Boards – Bruins to talk about the Bruins, hockey, and life in general. There is no where else that I’ve ever encountered where I can talk about the sport I love to the depth I can here, the depth that I enjoy. When I talk to my friends or even guys I play with, they can’t carry your jockstraps when it comes to your knowledge of the Bruins, the league and the sport of hockey. I truly appreciate all the conversations and debates we’ve had over the years. I’ve learned a lot reading your posts and replies.
I will also miss all the people who post here. I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you to a certain degree. This board, the Bruins board, is in my opinion the best team board not only on HF Boards but anywhere. There is a sense of community here, a sense of family here. And like any family were don’t always get along or agree, but ultimately we are all Bruins fans and are here for each other in some way.
When we got to Week 7 of the pandemic, I started to crack. Working from home, separated from my co-workers during the day, separated from my friends and family at night. And where did I come to for support and solace? Here to the board. I think that says a lot about the quality of the people who frequent here. It’s a wonderful group of people here and I’ll miss being a part of it, at least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully one day I can find the time to post again, but that could be many moons from now so for now I’ll have to say goodbye.

To each poster who reads this, I hope you and your loved ones stay safe, stay healthy, and stay together as we all move forward in 2020 and onward.

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

Dustin, I can relate to your post 100%. I wish you all the happiness in the world going forward. You will be missed on here. Every interaction we had has been great. And I will miss seeing you post. But you must do what is best for you. Know that if you ever decide to stop by, we will be here. Check in from time to time if you can. These boards are a saving grace at times. We might all disagree but we are one giant dysfunctional loving family. And everyone is apart of that. God bless. Stay safe. Stay healthy. And good luck in the future!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”
I'm going to miss you bro. Good luck in your work, your business and in school!

Last edited:
Reactions: JOKER 192

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

We all wish you the best of luck man! Hopefully everything falls into place for you and you keep killing it

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

All the best,

Dustin
“aka Bruindust”

Good luck , we're gonna miss you.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
As I said, JDB has no negotiating power

Obviously not being in that world my views maybe wrong, but im surprised DeBrusk wouldn't want a bridge deal. Bet on himself to get a 30G season or two and in a few years the bigger contracts are off the books and the cap (hopefully) is higher. Could be a bigger payday for him

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins should really play hardball with Debrusk. They have no reason to fear an offersheet and he has more to lose by holding out and having a bad season than he does to gain by winning some kind of contract battle. He's going to end up with $3.5m/2 years. Hopefully he becomes a 30g-30a guy and earns $6-$7m for the long term after that. But betting on potential isn't how Sweeney operates.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Gorton might be a trading genius at the end of the day, but he must have been a mercenary in another life.

Spent your career as the shining exemplar of an O6 franchise? Pffft! What have you done for me lately, pal?

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Would anyone consider the right to Krug (or sign & trade) and Debrusk + one of our supposedly valuable prospects that haven’t cracked our line-up to LA for the 2nd?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bruins need size on the backend. Krug, Clifton and Grzelcyk all under 6 feet. Maybe one of the three but that's it. Krug's money needs to be used elsewhere.
Chara on the team but playing 1/2 the games and help coaching the defense.
Size and speed are needed.
If the Bruins could find a replacement for Krejci, it might be time to move him and his contract.
Bruins need some new players that can put the puck in the net.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
OEL interests me but the big question is how. Arizona would have to eat $2mil and what would it take to get them to do that?

Same age as Krug. Bigger, whether he uses his size I don’t know. While I don’t watch him looking at stats in the last few years Krug has him beat but drastically different team situations.
I wouldn’t look at it as not paying Krug what you’d end up paying OEL. He’s simply the backup plan if they can make the cap work. Again you’d have to imagine they attempt to get some retention, or perhaps an alternative is to also cut bait with a contract to make up the difference (Moore). Interesting the Bruins keep getting mentioned though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad