Swedish World Cup roster announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
SantaCruZer said:
But last time Canada I met Sweden with all their stars you got whopped. (5-2)

Yes yes I know, we lost to belarus, but that doesn't take away the fact that we did beat Canada. (and the only team that did so)

When I say that I would take one team over the other it means that I think that that team is the better team and the most likely to win. I don`t mean that they will win one relatively meaningless game, but that they will win the important games, the games under pressure. Yes Canada lost to Sweden, and no it wasn`t completely meaningless, but it wasn`t very important either. Fact is that Canada won important games over good teams, Sweden lost an important game to a bad team.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Chelios said:
When I say that I would take one team over the other it means that I think that that team is the better team and the most likely to win. I don`t mean that they will win one relatively meaningless game, but that they will win the important games, the games under pressure. Yes Canada lost to Sweden, and no it wasn`t completely meaningless, but it wasn`t very important either. Fact is that Canada won important games over good teams, Sweden lost an important game to a bad team.

How much it hurts to confess it, it's true.

But we're coming back in the World Cup. Think if can beat Canada and show who's the best... :D

mackdogs*

helicecopter said:
:lol
it's funny how people creates their own reality to be comfortable!

Please help me to understand how this game meant something. I recall us winning the gold so please fill me in.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mackdogs said:
Please help me to understand how this game meant something. I recall us winning the gold so please fill me in.

I guess you missed the look on Gretzky's face when the buzzer sounded in that game. Canada deserved to win the gold, and in the end that's all that matters, but don't pretend it was easy, because it wasn't. It won't be easy to win this year's World Cup either.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
i dont think any team has as much depth up front as the swedes do. unreal. but will size be an issue?

ohlund and lidstrom are elite defencemen. they can both play 30 minutes a night, so depth isnt too big of a concern.

i think this roster is better than canada's with the huge exception of in goal.

mackdogs*

helicecopter said:
It shouldn't be difficult to understand: when Canada played Sweden they had not won the gold yet.

So what if Canada beats Sweden, and as a result of a different path to the Gold medal game they lose (perhaps to Belarus?). It could be argued that losing this game was a blessing. Whatever, I'm not trying to incite people. You just have no argument. Canada won then, good luck to Sweden at the World Cup.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
deathbear said:
i dont think any team has as much depth up front as the swedes do. unreal. but will size be an issue?

ohlund and lidstrom are elite defencemen. they can both play 30 minutes a night, so depth isnt too big of a concern.

i think this roster is better than canada's with the huge exception of in goal.

IMO the Russians actually have the best top 4 centers with Fedorov, Datsyuk, Yashin and Zhamnov. All 4 are point-per-game scorers.

The goalies are the best, with Nabokov and Bulin.

Then you add some of the best defensemen like top scoring Gonchar and the Flyers' great pair of Malakhov and Markov. Tverdovsky on the PP too.

And some good wingers with Kovalev, Samsonov, Kovalchuk, Mogilny ...

but you don't have to worry because none of them will play at the World Cup, so just forget it. Russia sucks.

SChan*

So what if Canada beats Sweden, and as a result of a different path to the Gold medal game they lose (perhaps to Belarus?). It could be argued that losing this game was a blessing. Whatever, I'm not trying to incite people. You just have no argument. Canada won then, good luck to Sweden at the World Cup.

Get over it. We played Canada in the first game of the tournament, and we won. You won the gold, and deservingly so, but in the end we were the only team that did beat you.

Just look at the face of Gretzky after the game as someone was pointing out.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
As I said before, Sweden > Canada, but only in games opposing these 2 teams. Sweden can't get it done against the other teams.

mackdogs*

SantaCruZer said:
Get over it. We played Canada in the first game of the tournament, and we won. You won the gold, and deservingly so, but in the end we were the only team that did beat you.

Just look at the face of Gretzky after the game as someone was pointing out.

Ya, he sure was happy when we beat the U.S. I can't get enough of seeing his face after the game. Like a parent proud of their children's accomplishment. Thanks for brightening my Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad