Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Yes, I've watched him a lot. I really don't think he is anything special as a prospect. He is getting 1st line minutes but hasn't produced much. I would say Rögle has 2 good players this year and Krag-Christensen is not one of them.
He had a nice camp here over the summer and hadn't seen him play since then. Shame the transition to the Swedish leagues hasn't panned out for him

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I put a few videos together of the 5 Nations tournament

^Check out the crazy OT goal

Nice goal/assist from Elvenes. Also a really nice looking wrist shot from Linus Andersson.

I am contemplating putting together highlight packages of some of the top scorers in TV-Pucken as well. I'll let you all know if I do.

Actually, maybe I could use some help. I'm not able to find video of some of the final games (looking for Stockholm Nord right now). Anyone know where I can find these? Not on LiveArena and google searches found nothing.

http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/Events/304046
http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/Events/304049
http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/Events/304052

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Filip Sveningsson had a pretty good game yesterday. 4 goals and 1 assist against a Rögle team with Liljegren, Elvenes and From.

Feels like a guy who could go anywhere from 4th round to 7th round, although if he keeps producing maybe he'll get picked higher.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Can anyone provide an update on Marcus Pettersson? I see the offensive numbers aren't there this season (at all). Though he's gathered about as many penalty minutes this season, as the previous 4 combined. Curious what that's about!

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Who is this Rasmus Dahlin kid.
I've only seen him at the Hlinka Memorial in August and a few SHL games, and I'm not a scout, but I can't seem to find any weaknesses in his game.
Someone can fill me in on his defensive game as I haven't seen enough of it, but from the small sample size he looks like a really smart player. This will give you a hint:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Thank you for that. Can you add any insight to how he's playing this season?

I don't follow Skellefteå so unfortunately not. But from my understanding supporters of Skellfteå seem to think he's been kind of a let down so far. But I don't think he's the only one, to see Skellfteå this far down in the league is unusual.

Petri1981

Dec 20, 2013
How is the swedish junior system producing only high end D-men? Where are the star forwards?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How is the swedish junior system producing only high end D-men? Where are the star forwards?

This years forward group is pretty good IMO.

Pettersson, Andersson, Davidsson, Boqvist, Hugg, Elvenes, Bemström and Sveningsson all have top 6 level potential I think.

And Wernblom in 2018 could be a very, very good player.

Also Willie Nylander could easily devlop into a 70+ point player.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This years forward group is pretty good IMO.

Pettersson, Andersson, Davidsson, Boqvist, Hugg, Elvenes, Bemström and Sveningsson all have top 6 level potential I think.

And Wernblom in 2018 could be a very, very good playerv.

Also Willie Nylander could easily devlop into a 70+ point player.

"Top-6" players in the NHL are third-liners, at best, in the Olympics.

Sweden produces those kinds of players in massive numbers, but lack the real elite forwards.

We have only had one in the past 10 years, if you exclude the then ageing/over-the-hill stars of the past, like Forsberg and Alfie. That's Bäckström. The Sedins is a weird story. They were mainly great due to playing together, but individually they were never as good as Forsberg, Sundin or Alfie.

Zibanejad, Landeskog, Forsberg jr, Rakell etc. are not the superstars we wished they'd become.

I doubt we will see any Swedish forward currently between the ages 21-28 EVER reach point per game over the span of a season.

As for the younger ones, Willie has an outside chance, but wouldn't bet on it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I lived in Sweden from 2000-03 and I could have sworn that everyone referred to "Skelleftea AIK" as just "AIK" - is that crazy? I am sure they call the football team "AIK" but my memory is so poor that I can't be sure of anything.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I lived in Sweden from 2000-03 and I could have sworn that everyone referred to "Skelleftea AIK" as just "AIK" - is that crazy? I am sure they call the football team "AIK" but my memory is so poor that I can't be sure of anything.

The Skellefteå fans usually refer to them as just AIK, no one else does that. To everyone else AIK is the football and hockey team from Stockholm.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Sweden produces those kinds of players in massive numbers, but lack the real elite forwards.

We have only had one in the past 10 years, if you exclude the then ageing/over-the-hill stars of the past, like Forsberg and Alfie. That's Bäckström. The Sedins is a weird story. They were mainly great due to playing together, but individually they were never as good as Forsberg, Sundin or Alfie.

Zibanejad, Landeskog, Forsberg jr, Rakell etc. are not the superstars we wished they'd become.

I doubt we will see any Swedish forward currently between the ages 21-28 EVER reach point per game over the span of a season.

As for the younger ones, Willie has an outside chance, but wouldn't bet on it.

Wennberg is dancing around 1ppg and is 1th line center in NHL best team. He has a pretty good chance.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wennberg is dancing around 1ppg and is 1th line center in NHL best team. He has a pretty good chance.

I have a hard time seeing Wennberg ever being viewed a top-10 center in the NHL.

He is currently on pace for like 65-70 points.

Really good, but not elite.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I have a hard time seeing Wennberg ever being viewed a top-10 center in the NHL.

He is currently on pace for like 65-70 points.

Really good, but not elite.

He is on pace for 77p

Who cares how he is viewed, the media hype is extremly baised towards canadians anyway, if he keep this up he is a top 10 center no matter how he is viewed, but that is if he keep this up.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis

Daniel missed 19 games in 09/10. Henrik went on to win the Art Ross and Hart...

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Do we have any up and coming young potential star forwards? It seems like we are producing star defensemen at a very much higher pace than forwards at this point

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Do we have any up and coming young potential star forwards? It seems like we are producing star defensemen at a very much higher pace than forwards at this point

As of now, no. The 99 and especially the 00 forward group have some depth, but no forward stands out a lot. The 01 group looks really weak to me but I haven't seen all top players. Some 02 forwards have put up ridiculous numbers but it's way to early to say if they are going to be good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad