Swedish people vote on what team they want to see in final

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Well Vegas has the better swede (Karlsson). Whats your point OP? you root for Vegas cool we get it :laugh:

Reactions: Morrison

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Well with two teams no one really roots for in Sweden.. it's pretty much always the case that you go for the underdog.

Reactions: JFG

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I don't root for any specific team, but having a lot of Swedes there certainly makes it more interesting. Winnipeg is actually the only team in the NHL which has never drafted a Swede in the first three rounds, which annoys me a bit to be honest.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Old Winnipeg Jets had a bunch of classic Swedes like Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nilsson, Thommie Bergman, Lars-Erik Sjöberg, Willy Lindström, Kent Nilsson, Thomas Steen and Fredrik Olausson.

Last edited:

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Also, a good number of respondents have probably been to Vegas.
For some reason, I don't really see Swedes as the gambling type... Also, didn't a few of them emigrate to Manitoba? Don't they have a bit of a Swedish population? Hmmmm....maybe, I'm thinking of Ukrainians.

icebluuu

May 15, 2011
For some reason, I don't really see Swedes as the gambling type... Also, didn't a few of them emigrate to Manitoba? Don't they have a bit of a Swedish population? Hmmmm....maybe, I'm thinking of Ukrainians.

Yeah, some people from my family moved to Canada in the 1920's. Don't know if anyone ever went to Manitoba though.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Interesting to see that. The old Jets had some Swedes on their team so you'd think the people who did this poll would answer Winnipeg moreso than Vegas.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Interesting to see that. The old Jets had some Swedes on their team so you'd think the people who did this poll would answer Winnipeg moreso than Vegas.

Or perhaps the Swedes are sensible people who realize that the team playing in Winnipeg is not the real Jets but pretenders who have usurped that name.

Reactions: Morrison

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Now if only Finland fans had the same mentality we would save a lot of headaches on here lol

Finnish fans are the biggest homers in all of sports

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

Manitoba and Winnipeg have a large Icelandic population. Winnipeg Falcons who won the 1920 Olympic gold for Canada were almost exclusively Icelandic. Frank Frederickson is the most famous Icelandic-Canadian player. Also two time Stanley Cup champion Carol ”Cully” Wilson was Icelandic (born Karl Erlendson).

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad