Olympics: Sweden Releases Roster - Holmstrom out, Franzen in

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
If Z/Kronwall/Mule gets injured I will come over to Sweden and punch all your kittens! :amazed: ... JK i'm rooting for you guys. (after USA of course)

But seriously... they better come back to Detroit in one piece.

2nd'd

We should hold IKEA hostage against their safe return.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yup. Especially since he played RW in '06 on a line with Forsberg and Sundin.

"lol"

Yeah, that matters since we are talking about if Samuelsson could replace Modin.

If we have Sedin, Forsberg, Loui and Modin as our LWers, could Samuelsson replace Modin? Get it?

If I remember correctly Modin was a RW for Brynäs. Could be wrong though, it was a long time ago. But he could play on the right side.

Berglund1313

May 22, 2008
Sweden
Why should Samuelsson not be on the team, because of what he said?

Yea becouse of what he said and he is not good enouge if compared to Steen .
And what will he say when Båg dont let him play on the PP or PK ? well probably somthing like go **** yourself im better then Bäckström Z Franzen Sedins etc :sarcasm: nope but i dont think he should be there he is simply not better then a few that have been left out.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Heh, H. Sedin had to give up his number 33 to Modin, that's kinda funny. Henrik's been using number 20 before though, right?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
With todays rule he wouldve.. It was an honest but oh so bitter mistake... I'm sure he wouldve waited to apply for american citizenship if he knew he wouldnt be able to represent Sweden if he did.

How brilliant a mind does one need to have to understand that you can't play for a country in which you don't have citizenship?

If it was today he would've needed to have a valid swedish passport. I wouldn't have counted on him to actually know that in today's time and age :)

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
How brilliant a mind does one need to have to understand that you can't play for a country in which you don't have citizenship?

If it was today he would've needed to have a valid swedish passport. I wouldn't have counted on him to actually know that in today's time and age :)

That's actually hilarious.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sweden practised in these teams.

Yellow

Alfredsson
Zetterberg
Bäckström
Sedin
Sedin
PÃ¥hlsson
Murray
Oduya
Tallinder
Enström

Blue

Franzén
Modin
Hörnqvist
Weinhandl
Forsberg
Eriksson
Ohlund
Johansson
Lidström
Kronwall.

Which tells me that Magnus Johansson will pair up with Ohlund....so Johansson will actually get shifts outside of pp...:help::help::cry::cry:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Well he obviously didnt think he lost his swedish citizenship if he got another one. I'm pretty sure it was one of the few countries in the world at the time that didnt allow dual citizenships at the time or atleast so I've read. Still a pretty stupid thing not to look up if that was true

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
WTF?! No BÃ…G, no! It's bad enough that he's even on the team. :shakehead

I wouldn't read too much into it...

...BÃ…G apparantly had not planned for all players to arrive for the practise, and supposedly just gave out the jerseys.

I don't know, there was a few things with those teams that didn't make much sense... But I guess you never know still.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
You dress 19 skaters for every game right?

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Ohlund-Enstrom

Oduya-Murray

Tallinder/Johansson?

I would love to see Murray and Ohlund on the same pairing during pk though.

Perhaps they'll sit Kroner in the first game.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Sweden practised in these teams.

Yellow

Alfredsson
Zetterberg
Bäckström
Sedin
Sedin
PÃ¥hlsson
Murray
Oduya
Tallinder
Enström

Blue

Franzén
Modin
Hörnqvist
Weinhandl
Forsberg
Eriksson
Ohlund
Johansson
Lidström
Kronwall.

Which tells me that Magnus Johansson will pair up with Ohlund....so Johansson will actually get shifts outside of pp...:help::help::cry::cry:

No it doesn't. Go to watch svtplay and watch the interviews done about the training and you'll see BÃ…G specifically say that he won't put the real lines together until the next day and the practice in question was just to get the legs going.

I know you people think BÃ…G is Pejorative Slured, but you can at least wait until you get the facts straight before you go off on your rants.

Wetcoaster

Henrik Sedin has been playing through a back injury for the past 10 days or so which matches up with his scoring drought.
But Henrik acknowledged on Monday after Team Sweden's first Olympic practice that his back has been bothering him for about 10 days.

"It's feeling better and better," Henrik told The Province at Canada Hockey Place. "It's not 100 per cent, but I hope it's going to get there pretty soon."

The sore back lines up with Henrik's drought. He's gone scoreless in five of seven games since a loss in Montreal on Feb. 2. He has two assists in that span.
Word is Mattias Weinhandl will line up with the Sedins - a blast from the past.
Henrik said Weinhandl has a lot of similarities to current Canucks linemate Alex Burrows.

"It'll be interesting to see how he's doing now, it's been 10 years," said Henrik." He's pretty close to Alex. He maybe doesn't have the attitude, but he gets in on the forecheck, he's not scared, he can finish and he's a right-handed shot. He's pretty similar to Burr, actually."
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Sedins+return+Vancouver+competition/2569384/story.html

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
No it doesn't. Go to watch svtplay and watch the interviews done about the training and you'll see BÃ…G specifically say that he won't put the real lines together until the next day and the practice in question was just to get the legs going.

I know you people think BÃ…G is Pejorative Slured, but you can at least wait until you get the facts straight before you go off on your rants.

Well, if he's trying not to give the real lines away and therefore doesn't give them time to practise together, he is a Pejorative Slur.

This is a short tournament, and chemistry is a big part. Out first opponent is friggin Germany, and if we lose to them it's not due to them knowing what lines we use, it's due to the players not being used to playing together - which could be mended by actually playing the correct lines together.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
22) Daniel Sedin– 20) Henrik Sedin – 80) Mattias Weinhandl

2) Mattias Öhlund – 39) Tobias Enström

21) Peter Forsberg – 40) Henrik Zetterberg – 27) Patrik Hörnqvist

5) Nicklas Lidström – 55) Nicklas Kronwall

91) Loui Eriksson – 19) Nicklas Bäckström – 11) Daniel Alfredsson

10) Henrik Tallinder – 6) Magnus Johansson

93) Johan Franzén – 26) Samuel Påhlsson – 33) Fredrik Modin

3) Douglas Murray – 29) Johnny Oduya

MÃ¥lvakter:

30) Henrik Lundqvist 1) Stefan Liv 50) Jonas Gustavsson

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Preliminary lines per SVT:

Daniel - Henrik - Weinhandl
Forsberg - Zetterberg - Hörnqvist
Eriksson - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Franzén - Påhlsson - Modin

Lidström - Kronwall
Öhlund - Enström
Murray - Oduya
Tallinder - Johansson

Own comment: Looks good. I hope Franzén will be used in all situations though.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Don't worry guys. Franzén will be moving up as the tournament moves on. He'll probably be in the top6 in the "playoffs".

JamesBengt

Jan 5, 2009
Personally, I'd prefer the 3rd line as my 2nd one. Otherwise, the lines look quite good. Hopefully Franzen will be fit enough to move up the rankings after a few games.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Personally, I'd prefer the 3rd line as my 2nd one. Otherwise, the lines look quite good. Hopefully Franzen will be fit enough to move up the rankings after a few games.

I think the third is the best line. I must say I quite like this going for depth concept. Three scoring lines that will be even deadlier once Franzén inevitably (right?!?) moves up the depth chart.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I really like these lines actually. Perhaps i'd swap Z for Backis to create a third line who would be a great two way line and Foppa + Backis would set up Hornquist for so many chances it would be ridiculous. Franzen is probably the best choice for fourth line duty even though he could easily play great in a top6 role aswell. He will likely move up when the tough get's tougher though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad