Olympics: Sweden Releases Roster - Holmstrom out, Franzen in

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Sedin-Sedin-Weinhandl
Franzén-Zetterberg-Eriksson
Forsberg-Bäckström-Hörnqvist
Modin-PÃ¥hlsson-Alfredsson

Reunite PÃ¥hlsson and Alfredsson. Play all lines and shuffle.

Garneij

May 8, 2009
Stockholm
Forsberg will be a winger and probably in the third line. He is not fit at the moment and it would be stupid to put him on big minutes five on five. He will tear it up on the PP though!

If he shows signs to be fit i would love to have him on a line with Bäckström and Hörnqvist/Franzén. That line would be lethal!

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Sedin-Sedin-Weinhandl
Franzén-Zetterberg-Eriksson
Forsberg-Bäckström-Hörnqvist
Modin-PÃ¥hlsson-Alfredsson

Reunite PÃ¥hlsson and Alfredsson. Play all lines and shuffle.

I'll eat my hat if that turns out to be the lines. ;)

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Watching the Sedins right now, you can just see that they're totally out of "the zone", the electrifying style they had up til some 7-8 games ago, is gone - they just look slow and unmotivated.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
****in hell,maybe for a first time in my life I am wrong: D:D:D.
Then what about that:
1.Franzen-Zeterberg-Alfredsson
2.Sedin-Sedin-Weinhandl
3.Eriksson-Backstrom-Forsberg
4.Hornqvist-Pahlsson-Modin
Franzen must be in Detroit's line,the same for Alfredsson,he has chemistry with Z,F,K and L.Sedin's trio is clear.Do you think that Foppa will have a good partnership with Backstrom and Eriksson?And maybe,just maybe,Hrnqvist will be wasted in that fourth line,he deserves more skating time.
Any thoughts?

Looks good for now, of course there will some juggling with the lines, specially if something doesnt work.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Watching the Sedins right now, you can just see that they're totally out of "the zone", the electrifying style they had up til some 7-8 games ago, is gone - they just look slow and unmotivated.

Yes, but that could be that thier mind is somewhere else. Like in the olympics.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Only two physical players.

PÃ¥hlsson and Murray.

Sweden - softest team in the world!

1: PÃ¥hlsson isn't physical.

2: Murray, Ohlund, Forsberg & Kronwall are all pretty physical and can dish out some pain, Franzen can also run people over.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010

They pretty much lost it in a game or two, so I can't see why they wouldn't be able to get it back equally fast.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
In hindsight, Sweden made a huge error not taking Alex Steen. He has been outstanding for the Blues and would be an ideal bottom line player. As defensively responsible as they come and also showing an offensive flair this season with 15 goals. He's tough and terrific on the boards. Perfect checking line player/penalty killer who would've looked way better on a line with Paullson than Modin. Also very versatile and can move up and play with skilled players.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
In hindsight, Sweden made a huge error not taking Alex Steen. He has been outstanding for the Blues and would be an ideal bottom line player. As defensively responsible as they come and also showing an offensive flair this season with 15 goals. He's tough and terrific on the boards. Perfect checking line player/penalty killer who would've looked way better on a line with Paullson than Modin. Also very versatile and can move up and play with skilled players.

If they hadn't picked Modin it would be Samuelsson there, not Steen.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I like Steen a lot.

The tremendous mistake BÃ…G made was NOT picking Steen for the WCH's last season. For some guys that was somewhat of a trainingcamp for the OG -- Steen didn't even get a chance.

BÃ…G didn't know what he was doing. Berglund for example was completely out of synch, had been benched some the PO's et c. While Steen was really good in the PO's.

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
If Z/Kronwall/Mule gets injured I will come over to Sweden and punch all your kittens! :amazed: ... JK i'm rooting for you guys. (after USA of course)

But seriously... they better come back to Detroit in one piece.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I like Steen a lot.

The tremendous mistake BÃ…G made was NOT picking Steen for the WCH's last season. For some guys that was somewhat of a trainingcamp for the OG -- Steen didn't even get a chance.

BÃ…G didn't know what he was doing. Berglund for example was completely out of synch, had been benched some the PO's et c. While Steen was really good in the PO's.

Could there be something between Steen and BÃ…G? Steen played quite good at the 2007 WC, but did not get the call in 2008 or 2009 despite being available. We know BÃ…G like to use "his guys", perfectly proven by the squad he picked for this Olympic.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Could there be something between Steen and BÃ…G? Steen played quite good at the 2007 WC, but did not get the call in 2008 or 2009 despite being available. We know BÃ…G like to use "his guys", perfectly proven by the squad he picked for this Olympic.

Maybe, but we all know BÃ…G doesn't watch a lot of hockey. Not as much as us anyways. I suppose Steen's 42 & 28 point seasons didn't scream WC to him..Especially not with our amazing players in Elitserien on a PPG pace!

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
You people are acting like Steen actually are any good. He might have have a decent stretch lately, whoopdi-frecking-do, so what? He isn't a player that decides whether or not Sweden will win the Olympics in any shape or form. Get over yourselves.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I don't know, Steen doesn't seem like a kid who would upset a coach very much.

Like for this OG, I can understand him not making it. But last year, I just don't think BÃ…G knew how good Steen was playing... Like we had some lousy players. I just think he didn't want to take in too many NHLers, and picked Huselius, Berglund and co over Steen.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You people are acting like Steen actually are any good. He might have have a decent stretch lately, whoopdi-frecking-do, so what? He isn't a player that decides whether or not Sweden will win the Olympics in any shape or form. Get over yourselves.

He is a lock for Sotchi at least... ;)

...nah but seriously, I commented on the WCH's last year -- he should have been on that team. He is a good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad