Status
Not open for further replies.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
GK Locks: Markstrom
GK2 Candidates: Lehner, Nilsson

D Locks: Karlssson, Erixon, Larsson, Ekman-Larsson, Rundblad, Ekholm
D Candidates for 7th D spot: Urbom, Bertilsson, E.Larsson, P.Andersson, Kilstrom, Tommernes. I'd rank Urbom first of those.

F Locks: Paajarvi, Klingberg, Tedenby, Petersson, Josefsson, Kruger, Lander, Johansson, Silfverberg
F Candidates, spots 10th-13th: Wallén, Fällström, Gustafsson, H. Björklund, O.Lindberg, M.Lundberg, Cehlin, Rodin, H.Eriksson, Sandström.

I don't think Landeskog is even close to make the top 13 forwards. Great prospect though.

Ekholm a lock? :skeptic:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
I'd be surprised if Bertilsson doesn't make the team. After all, he and Ekman Larsson have proven chemistry together. However, I also understand that Sweden will ice the best team available. Could make for fun to watch.

-10 makes Bertilsson worst in +/- in his team Brynäs. I wouldnt count on him.
Actually I'd remove him from my list of d-men candidates. Actually I'd remove Tommernes and E.Larsson too. The 7th d-man spot should be down to P.Andersson, Urbom or Kilstrom.

Krm500> Ekholm is definately a lock. He's impressed me a lot, the games I've seen him play this season.

Crazy, despite Hedman can't participate, I still think this is the best d-man lineup Sweden ever had in the JWC.

Last edited:

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
GK Locks: Markstrom
GK2 Candidates: Lehner, Nilsson

D Locks: Karlssson, Erixon, Larsson, Ekman-Larsson, Rundblad, Ekholm
D Candidates for 7th D spot: Urbom, Bertilsson, E.Larsson, P.Andersson, Kilstrom, Tommernes. I'd rank Urbom first of those.

F Locks: Paajarvi, Klingberg, Tedenby, Petersson, Josefsson, Kruger, Lander, Johansson, Silfverberg
F Candidates, spots 10th-13th: Wallén, Fällström, Gustafsson, H. Björklund, O.Lindberg, M.Lundberg, Cehlin, Rodin, H.Eriksson, Sandström.

I don't think Landeskog is even close to make the top 13 forwards. Great prospect though.

The squad is to be announced tomorrow, but Niklas Wikegård, swedish hockey profile, claims in his video blog of today that he's got some inside info that none of the players in the american/canadian junior leagues has been chozen for the squad. If that's true, it means that Fallstrom, Wallén, Landeskog & Urbom didnt make it.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Lehner as well.

Weak. Ah well, that much easier to cheer for Canada.

Well, obviously we won't know for certain until tomorrow. I'm hoping Lehner, Landeskog and Urbom makes the team. But otherwise we'll atleast see them next year.

BLBarmada

we are so ****ed u guys are stacked and this is coming from someone who thought you guys were better than us last year before going into the finals i mean look at your d and goalies
Markstrom
Lehner

Karlsson if ottawa lets him go
Runblad
OEL
Erixon
Larsson
Urbom
Tommernes

**** thts staaacked you guys are loaded were ****ed

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
. If that's true, it means that Fallstrom, Wallén, Landeskog & Urbom didnt make it.

This makes no sense, Sweden needs at least one physical defenseman to beat tough teams like Canada. Urbom definately deserves to be there, not to mention that they are more used to the North American sized rinks which would aid Lehner with his angles and his familiarity with the top Canadian/Americans in the OHL. I can understand the others with a small question mark about Wallen but not these too especially Urbom. I guess you can argue about putting Joakim Eriksson or Anders Nilsson instead but even Lehner has been stellar.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The squad is to be announced tomorrow, but Niklas Wikegård, swedish hockey profile, claims in his video blog of today that he's got some inside info that none of the players in the american/canadian junior leagues has been chozen for the squad. If that's true, it means that Fallstrom, Wallén, Landeskog & Urbom didnt make it.

That would be wrong.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
If not being a key player, it could be a really smart strategic move to leave some players from NA leagues out. For instance, if we have Markstrom/Lehner as keepers and one of them gets injured, we need to get another GK flown over across the atlantic which may not get the player ready for the following game. If we have for instance Markstrom/Nilsson as GKs and one gets injured, getting Lehner who is already in the vicinity into the lineup, would be quickly and easily arranged. The same way of argueing could apply for other players too.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
If not being a key player, it could be a really smart strategic move to leave some players from NA leagues out. For instance, if we have Markstrom/Lehner as keepers and one of them gets injured, we need to get another GK flown over across the atlantic which may not get the player ready for the following game. If we have for instance Markstrom/Nilsson as GKs and one gets injured, getting Lehner who is already in the vicinity into the lineup, would be quickly and easily arranged. The same way of argueing could apply for other players too.

True, but you shouldn't pick a team based on which would be easier to replace if injuries. You have to try to get the best team when healthy.

Ottawa might have karlsson, silferberg, lehner, and petersson on the team. Next Detroit Redwings? lol :sarcasm:

Ian Esplen

Mar 8, 2007
calgary
we are so ****ed u guys are stacked and this is coming from someone who thought you guys were better than us last year before going into the finals i mean look at your d and goalies
Markstrom
Lehner

Karlsson if ottawa lets him go
Runblad
OEL
Erixon
Larsson
Urbom
Tommernes

**** thts staaacked you guys are loaded were ****ed

get a hold of yourself man canada is never ####ed when it come to hockey. it may be tougher this year but we'll be fine

Steven

May 10, 2009
Well, I don't know any Swedish, unfortunately.
I'll watch anyways though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad