WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
How has hallander been?
He’s done ok! Not much ice time but is doing a pretty good job in d-zone and pk. He’s capable of having a more offensive role but unfortunately he’s not having it this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Yeah but Timmins was also 19 in his draft+1 season, he missed the cutoff for his year by 3 days. So if you really want a comparison, use Timmins draft season and not his D+1 season because he’s basically a full year older than Boqvist.

Timmins at one point was a good prospect. Those days might be over though, he’s missed the entire last 8 months with a concussion.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Timmins at one point was a good prospect. Those days might be over though, he’s missed the entire last 8 months with a concussion.

He’s been back on the ice skating and doing some drills/training with the Avalanche. He’s wearing a non-contact jersey but obviously it’s a positive sign for him to be back on the ice.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The Hawks are terrible. They have room for everyone.
Actually, it benefits the Hawks to stagger the NHL debuts of their young defensemen for many reasons. Boqvist is the obvious one to at least start in the AHL barring injury or spectacular play, given the logjam.

Also, the Hawks are massively improved over the past 6-8 games with the new coach and system. They’ve had only one team practice since December 8th, and are just now getting it. Refreshing to see the Quenneville method crap disappearing from their play. Obvious to anyone who watches the team. With your username, I would expect that you would already appreciate this.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I was actually disappointed when we picked Sandin..... boy was I wrong. His game has been excellent this season in NA, and he has looked good on Sweden.

Pretty pumped about him and Lily, I really wish Lily didn't get hurt, would have been nice to see both at the WJ.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do they have room for him?

Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook
Dahlstrom-Murphy

Whose spot is he taking? Seabrook and Murphy have big contracts and Jokiharju has already played well in the NHL. I think he'll start next season in the AHL.

Seabrook should be the first to sit here Jokiharu comes back from the WJC (he is already getting the least amount of even strength time). The big question will be if the Hawks move Gus at the deadline. Personally I think they should as they would be selling high and the return could be really good.

The Hawks need spots for Mitchell and Boqvist going forward. Seabrook is one of those spots but it will be interesting to see who the other spot comes from. They could move another D but who? Dahlstrom? Forsling? I would not want to move Forsling as I really like his potential. They have space but the playing time will be key.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Also, the Hawks are massively improved over the past 6-8 games with the new coach and system. They’ve had only one team practice since December 8th, and are just now getting it. Refreshing to see the Quenneville method crap disappearing from their play. Obvious to anyone who watches the team. With your username, I would expect that you would already appreciate this.

Meh. The Hawks are now 25th in the league at the halfway point. Let me know when they’re in a playoff position. It won’t be this season.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He’s been back on the ice skating and doing some drills/training with the Avalanche. He’s wearing a non-contact jersey but obviously it’s a positive sign for him to be back on the ice.

Positive sign for sure. Can’t make up for 8 months of missed development time though, that is going to hurt him even if he returns to game action later this week.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Meh. The Hawks are now 25th in the league at the halfway point. Let me know when they’re in a playoff position. It won’t be this season.
Not expecting that. As a fan, improvement is what I expect and am seeing with the new coach and system. You’re obviously a different kind of fan.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Will be a tough game for Sweden. This sickness going on might beat Sweden this year. We dont have the topend players to manage the loss of depth players. Did not expect anything near a medal this year anyway.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Tbh i hate to face Switzerland in the QF... they allways playing great against better nations, and allways in 1 tournament they pull off a win against one of them, and with a 0-3 against better nation this tournament already i Think they will pull of a win over Sweden this QF:(

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Tbh i hate to face Switzerland in the QF... they allways playing great against better nations, and allways in 1 tournament they pull off a win against one of them, and with a 0-3 against better nation this tournament already i Think they will pull of a win over Sweden this QF:(
Switzerland have literally only pulled off one upset in the last 20 years in the playoffs at the WJC, and that was vs. Russia in 2010 lol.

What'll probably lose us the game is everybody being ill.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Might be the best swedish defenseman after Brännström, could probably handle more responsibilities. Will likely have Brännströms role next year if he’s not in the NHL.
Eh, he has the same role Brännström had last year, so wouldn't say that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad