WJC: Sweden 2019 Roster Talk

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Switzerland have literally only pulled off one upset in the last 20 years in the playoffs at the WJC, and that was vs. Russia in 2010 lol.

What'll probably lose us the game is everybody being ill.

yeah 20years but Swiss hockey is on it's rising and should not be underestimated they can pull this off, I hope im dead wrong about it but i got a bad feeling in my stomach.

Reactions: hockey20000

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Liked Brännström against Finland a lot but he's made some really bad plays the last couple of games. Sometimes it's better to just make the simple pass instead of holding on to the puck.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Liked Brännström against Finland a lot but he's made some really bad plays the last couple of games. Sometimes it's better to just make the simple pass instead of holding on to the puck.
Agree on Kazakhstan game(but who wasn't playing bad/meh in that? Maybe Fagemo?), but otherwise I can only think of one play I'd go as far to say was "really bad".

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I think it is probably a pretty safe assumption to make that Dahlin won't be available for this tournament.

Next year! When he have his sophomore slump and is sent down to AHL!

Dahlin - Boquist
Sandin - Söderström
Lundqvist - Ginning
Björnfot - Broberg
Johansson...

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Next year! When he have his sophomore slump and is sent down to AHL!

Dahlin - Boquist
Sandin - Söderström
Lundqvist - Ginning
Björnfot - Broberg
Johansson...

and the forwards:

Hållander - Olofsson - Fagemo
Höglander - Gustafsson - Albin Eriksson
Gunler - Bäck - Raymond
Wernblom - Nässen - Berggren

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Monten could've picked an extra few skill guys up front. Raymond, Holtz, Gunler all were options. Eriksson and Berggren also would've brought more skill than some of the forwards.

Jaguaren

Oct 23, 2018
Monten could've picked an extra few skill guys up front. Raymond, Holtz, Gunler all were options. Eriksson and Berggren also would've brought more skill than some of the forwards.
It’s not an option to pick a player who only played J20 Superelit into a tournament like this.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I didn't watch the game, what exactly happened and how did they lose?

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Was Sweden missing any difference maker level forwards from this tournament? Feel like they had everyone eligible there. It's kinda weird how little forwards the country produces when you compare it to all their stud defensemen. Finns are missing basically a first line.

Is Bemstrom the best U20 forward currently? In the last four drafts, it seems like Pettersson is the only high-end forward to come out of Sweden. Bratt is okay. Andersson and Nylander were high picks but I'm not sure how they'll do.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
"Nånstans have Lundeström and Zetterlund been with us since U16 so they deserved to be the ones out there with 2 minutes left"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad