Rumor: Sven Baertschi request trade - update cleared WAIVERS

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Maybe Detroit wants to gamble on another one? Y seems to be having some good luck lately.

Ehh... Yzerman's mostly traded meh player for meh player. The one trade everybody knew he'd won as soon as it happened was Fabbri.

Though admittedly, I don't think anybody thought Fabbri was gonna produce like he has so far.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
No impact cap wise between keeping Loui or Sven. Same amount of $1.075 million savings applies to whichever guy they opt to keep or send down.

Yah but that would be admitting Eriksson sucks which Benning would never do. He still considers Loui to be “a useful player for us”, “good defensively ” and “a good mentor for Petey” etc. Green finally put him in the press box lol.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
looking around, would the Senators do

Baertschi + 4th round pick for Mikkel Boedker(25% retained) ?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

Might be one of the better landing spots all things considering he wants to re-establish himself by playing and contributing.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
What's going on there? Rough season. I'd still make that trade.

Would take immediately, I doubt baertchi even has that much value though

Rough season and is buried behind Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund, Ryan.

He has also been a defensive liability. His resume isn’t too bad though. Maybe I am undershooting on retention but the Flames need another skilled winger.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Retain about half and I’m sure there will be a team that takes a chance on him. 1.7M isn’t much for a guy that could give you 15 goals.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'm thinking more along the line of Baertschi for Manning and a draft pick. Baertschi cleared waivers without a nibble when that occurs it generally means one of the following scenario's occur when they are traded:

1) Roughly equal cap value being swapped in a change of scenery trade.
2) A semi useful player is traded for a close to useless player who's got a decent bit of salary and a middling to low pick or C tier prospect is used to bridge the value gap.
3) The team trying to trade him steps up and retains some salary to make him more palatable, while this can improve the return I don't think Baertschi even with full retention would interest Holland at all when it came to Pulju. Pulju will likely be traded in a youth for youth kind of trade.
Baertschi for Manning+3rd
or Baertschi+4th for Manning+Benson+6th

no idea how you guys value Benson.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
It makes no sense that Baertschi is in the AHL. He should be in the NHL right now and would actually help us.

Totally agree! Was never given a fair chance when he got called up, should still be here with the injuries and by now he would have found his groove in my opinion. But we have decided to keep less offensive players instead because we have become such a deep offensive scoring team...we need grinders not skill apparently...working out eh!?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Queue someone saying he's being dangled as a "sweetener" to take Eriksson.

Seriously though, I don't disagree with Baertschis standpoint, he hasn't really been given a shot this season, and there are those less and far less deserving on our roster.

More so then getting value back, I hope we can find a fit for him to get back in the NHL.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Probably a Penguin. Reclamation projects is why they stay competent every year.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
I find it sad he ain't in the NHL while players like Gagner or Markus Granlund are in. Baertschi is a much better player than those two.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Could Vancouver use a defensive D man? Baertschi for Kriss Russell makes sense to me from a salary and need standpoint from the Oilers, Think they both have 1 year after this one at similar cap hits.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

the basis isnt bad, however if we are taking on a longer contract of a player who clearly has fallen out of favor and we are retaining salary the pick would need to be better

Reactions: UK Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad