Rumor: Sven Baertschi request trade - update cleared WAIVERS

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Canucks are desperate for some ahl center depth... they would likely have to eat some cash to make a deal work. He’s got 2 years left over 3 mill.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe Detroit wants to gamble on another one? Y seems to be having some good luck lately.
Don't think he'd be a gamble, just filler. They already have lots of filler, though. Maybe another seller needs some filler. Detroit needs defense, they don't really need another middling winger.

Reactions: Mike Jones

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Oh Ok - I was just wondering.
It would make sense if they had a lot of pieces to sell, but I don't think they sell more than a couple. They should be keeping Zadina up and they probably bring up Rasmussen and Svechnikov after any selling. Not a flat out no, injuries happen and I'm sure there's situations where they'd have a spot for him. Say AA and Helm were traded and one of Mantha/Bertuzzi/Zadina/Fabbri were out long term. Wouldn't be much of a return though, it'd simply be accommodating the favour to him.

Reactions: Mike Jones

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What do the Canucks need?

if we can make the money work Edmonton could make sense since I sincerely doubt Kenny Holland is involved in anything exciting.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think baertschi could flourish in Chicago or Edmonton. And both the above proposals seem suitable.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I feel like Galchenyuk for Baertschi is right up JR's alley when it comes to reclamation project type deals.

You want a very injury prone player to go to the team with the worst injury luck? You sick freak.

Jokes aside I don't really like that deal straight up.

Reactions: bh53

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this is because canucks called mcewen up this week when ferlund went down.

baertschi can contribute but needs to be in a top 6 situation. he'd be an add for a team like the oilers as long as he's healthy.

it's going to be hard to move him for the no cap return we want back.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You want a very injury prone player to go to the team with the worst injury luck? You sick freak.

Jokes aside I don't really like that deal straight up.

I don't like it either, I just see that being a kind of deal I can see JR doing :laugh:

It's in the same mold as the Perron for Hagelin and Hagelin for Pearson deals that JR did. Trading a pending UFA winger who doesn't fit well on the team for another struggling winger with term, while hoping they fit the team better and they get a spark by being traded.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
CHI: Baertschi
VAN: Z. Smith

Who says no? Bury Smith and there's your veteran C to help the young AHL guys. Term stays the same,
Chicago takes 110K more cap hit and gambles on Sven.

Values fine but Chicago stays with Zach smith. Plays 4th line for us and does ok there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad