Player Discussion Suzuki vs Kotkaniemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I don't get what people see in Hughes. Butter soft, no defense, you don't win championships with guys like him. Yes he can get points, but the rest......
Maybe it’s just me, but I’d take a D who can move the puck, run the PP, is almost a PPG player, and a + player. Yep, take that guy all day long. Exactly what MTL needs on D.

Reactions: Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I don't get what people see in Hughes. Butter soft, no defense, you don't win championships with guys like him. Yes he can get points, but the rest......
Runs the pp He’s great at that I’ll take a dman who gets 60-70 pts a year over Kotkaniemi
He woulda looked amazing next to Weber or chairot or Edmundson

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Maybe it’s just me, but I’d take a D who can move the puck, run the PP, is almost a PPG player, and a + player. Yep, take that guy all day long. Exactly what MTL needs on D.
It’s not just you I’ll take him any day You pair him with your best d Man It’s just logical

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Runs the pp He’s great at that I’ll take a dman who gets 60-70 pts a year over Kotkaniemi
He woulda looked amazing next to Weber or chairot or Edmundson
Either BT or Hughes would have changed the dynamic of this team.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
KK and Jake Evans are on the same PPG (82 gms). One is a 7th rounder and the other is a 3rd OVA. The KK fanboys are creative when coming up with the BS excuses for his poor play. I guess it's not the coach, his linemates, the city, the hotdogs, the weather. KK was a wasted picked. Thankfully the new regime has a BPA philosophy that wont draft project head cases at #3.

There is no debate anymore. KK is a bust 3c at best, Suzuki is a legitimate 1/2C.
Let's be real, KK is not a bust just because of the Habs, we reached by picking him early and brought him up too early.

Reactions: 1909 and BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Either BT or Hughes would have changed the dynamic of this team.
Or... they would've been wrecked. :laugh:

That's the problem with the way the club has been run. We haven't been able to develop our way out of a paper bag. The Canadiens are a notoriously conservative organization and it's cost us in terms of the players we've produced.

I was talking with somebody not long ago about Wickenheiser vs Dennis Savard. We did a piss poor job on a blue chip player who never should've busted and meanwhile Savard went onto fortune and glory in Chicago. But can any of us imagine Savard under Jacques Lemaire? Do you think he'd have been dipsy doodling under him? No way...

I'm not defending one pick over another btw. Hughes has done really well and there's no way based on the results that anyone wouldn't call him a rising star. But Caufield was can't miss too and we were playing him on the 4th line... If CC didn't get fired he'd still be there now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's be real, KK is not a bust just because of the Habs, we reached by picking him early and brought him up too early.
Thing is though, we consistently ensure that players don't reach their potential. Maybe Leblanc was never going to make it for example but we made SURE he wouldn't.

Going forward I think we'll see a marked improvement in our prospect pool. I expect we'll pay a lot more attention to analytics and player development. It'll be better... if nothing else, I don't see how it could be any worse. :laugh:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

You’re right, he’s a bust because he is still the same flawed player that they drafted. 3c at 3ova is a bust.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Or... they would've been wrecked. :laugh:

That's the problem with the way the club has been run. We haven't been able to develop our way out of a paper bag. The Canadiens are a notoriously conservative organization and it's cost us in terms of the players we've produced.

I was talking with somebody not long ago about Wickenheiser vs Dennis Savard. We did a piss poor job on a blue chip player who never should've busted and meanwhile Savard went onto fortune and glory in Chicago. But can any of us imagine Savard under Jacques Lemaire? Do you think he'd have been dipsy doodling under him? No way...

I'm not defending one pick over another btw. Hughes has done really well and there's no way based on the results that anyone wouldn't call him a rising star. But Caufield was can't miss too and we were playing him on the 4th line... If CC didn't get fired he'd still be there now.

Nope, both were better players with more refined skill sets. KK was a project that should never have been picked 3ova.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
You’re right, he’s a bust because he is still the same flawed player that they drafted. 3c at 3ova is a bust.

If KK is a bust what would you call a player like Barrett Hayton(#5) or Vitali Kravtsov(#9)???? KK may never become a elite center. He is still a decent nhl player.

Reactions: Habano

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nope, both were better players with more refined skill sets. KK was a project that should never have been picked 3ova.
I'm okay with that assessment.

But my point still stands. I don't think Hughes does in Montreal what he did in Vancouver. I think he would've been stunted here.

I'd take CC over any of them and he was middling away until we fired the coach. Imagine if he'd come in at KK's time instead. It would've been that way for two plus years...

If KK is a bust what would you call a player like Barrett Hayton(#5) or Vitali Kravtsov(#9)???? KK may never become a elite center. He is still a decent nhl player.
Agreed. "Bust" is overdoing it for a guy who should at least be a solid 3rd line center for years.

It's not. You've got a good chance at a top six player in the top five but it's far from guaranteed. An everyday player is not a bust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

But my point still stands. I don't think Hughes does in Montreal what he did in Vancouver. I think he would've been stunted here.
Nope you are wrong You can’t stunt a PP QB It’s literally impossible unless you don’t play him
He woulda got his points regardless who coached

Yea he wouldn’t have red Weber beauty passes You’re right…..

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Agreed. "Bust" is overdoing it for a guy who should at least be a solid 3rd line center for years.

It's not. You've got a good chance at a top six player in the top five but it's far from guaranteed. An everyday player is not a bust.

Nope, a player picked 3rd overall that might become a 3c is a bust. There is no sugar coating it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nope you are wrong You can’t stunt a PP QB It’s literally impossible unless you don’t play him
He woulda got his points regardless who coached

Yea he wouldn’t have red Weber beauty passes You’re right…..
And I'd have said you couldn't stunt a player like CC... but we did. Fortunately we got rid of the old regime in time to save him.

As for not being able to ruin a blueliner... that's just so far off the mark. It'd be even worse. Under the old regime, he'd have been benched for making mistakes. That leads to confidence problems which leads to more mistakes and less icetime. We saw it over and over again here.

Last edited:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Carolina signed KK tontjatbdeal as a replacement for Jordan Staal and in tje hopes he will become a 50+ point guy.

KK signed that 8 year deal because he knows he will never get paid more because he knows he's reached his ceiling.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Sounds great... In the regular season. Hughes would get crucified in the playoffs as a top pair D. He's have to sheltered a lot

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
No dude. A top five player isn't the sure fire first liner you think it is.

I don’t think a top 5 is a sure thing first liner. However, a maybe 3c isn’t a successful 3ova selection not matter how hard anyone tries to sell it.

KK was a horrible pick, plain and simple. Anyway, I’m glad he’s gone, the org can put that turd behind them.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Sounds great... In the regular season. Hughes would get crucified in the playoffs as a top pair D. He's have to sheltered a lot

Try again. Teams need PMD D who can run a PP to get into the playoffs and be successful once they get in. Hughes only PO he had 16pts in 17 games and was -2. This team needs a guy like this badly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad