GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Remember when all the Leafs fans in the Oilers/Kings thread said that the Leafs have it WAY harder than the Oilers cuz they have to play Boston? Seems like Boston is pretty bad too. You put any of those 3 teams against the Oilers in the first round and they get dummies by us for sure
I wonder how many West teams would beat anybody but Florida in the East. In fairness though this is the dregs of the east playing out their series. All the good clubs already finished and looking for second helpings. This series is like watching baby Seals try to club each other...

Pretty much the first round has stunk. Maybe a game here and there.
Yeah. NHL can't be liking this. So many sweeps or 5 game series. Only 3 series going and 2 of those series are lousy. I will definitely watch Dallas beat Vegas! That shizzle is entertaining.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yeah. NHL can't be liking this. So many sweeps or 5 game series. Only 3 series going and 2 of those series are lousy. I will definitely watch Dallas beat Vegas! That shizzle is entertaining.
Yeah, love the booing of Stone by the Dallas crowd. Want the LTIRs eliminated on their home ice.
NHL thinks shooting pucks at surf boards is entertaining (last year's all-star game) so I don't know.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Leaf Blowers will be working in overdrive about how great these Leafs are for coming back against one of the worst Bruins teams in 10 years

And will be back to making excuses after the Leaves get fed to the wolves (Panthers) next round

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Toronto might actually pull off the impossible. That said, I have a magical way of jinxing teams, like last night when I said it’ll be tough getting 2 or 3 more on Rittich and he promptly let in three goals :laugh:.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Boston looks so f***ing offensively inept right now. I think even the Kings are better.

Ah, well, you'd be wrong, because Leafs fans said the Kings are the 2nd worst team in the playoffs or some shit

This is more Boston choking, than the Leafs coming back to win

Reactions: bellagiobob

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Toronto might actually pull off the impossible. That said, I have a magical way of jinxing teams, like last night when I said it’ll be tough getting 2 or 3 more on Rittich and he promptly let in three goals :laugh:.
If Matthews comes back for game 7 it's some serious WWE drama to hype things

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Second worst ? haha. Just off the top of my head, the Preds, Caps and Isles are all inferior.

The mains were an absolute salt mine last night and this morning. I agree all of those teams are worse. Don't really think this Boston team is any better either, especially if they can't avoid choking this series away

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The mains were an absolute salt mine last night and this morning. I agree all of those teams are worse. Don't really think this Boston team is any better either, especially if they can't avoid choking this series away
It's funny how many Edmonton haters you can spot in the Kings/Oilers thread on the mains. They out-number the Kings fans.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
It's funny how many Edmonton haters you can spot in the Kings/Oilers thread on the mains. They out-number the Kings fans.

It was absolutely full of Leafs and Canucks fans just eager to inject loads of cope into the thread. Was really pathetic, actually.

Say whatever you want in your board's Around the League Thread, IMO, but leave the cope tears off the mains series threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad