Confirmed with Link: Sutter out as Flames Coach

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Re-build seems impossible and with $8M already spend on coaching without a coach, I wonder if the ownership is willing to do even re-tool. Gonna be interesting who the coach and GM are, and what's gonna happen to 2024 UFA's. So many possibilities where the Flames might go I'm not gonna speculate anything more than that.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Re the $8 million extension for Sutter….
Sharp business people like Edwards do not put out contracts that don’t have “exit considerations “. Imagine Sutter will receive a fraction of the face value over time. This won’t be a financial factor moving ahead.

Reactions: Tofveve

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Great news. Now bring in someone who will bring positivity and get the best out of everyone and is willing to take chances on young players.

Just like how the Oilers did with greasy Woody, I'd be open to Mitch Love being HC.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The new GM should pick his coach and the coach the new GM picks, should get to pick his assistants.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Is this the only news coming out?

Because we're just spinning our wheels if we run it back with the same goaltender coaching, the same assistants and Kirk Muller as head coach under GM Craig Conroy.

Everyone needs to go.

At the same time, it leaves a really sour taste in my mouth having two virtual strangers on the biggest contracts in team history run a coach out of town in their first season here. I would love to trade both if it was even possible

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
There’s something extra energy zapping about a conceited old guy telling you how things work.

But I definitely respect Sutter for the work he put in here, this team looked like a midget AA team the way they were breaking out before he was here

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
At the same time, it leaves a really sour taste in my mouth having two virtual strangers on the biggest contracts in team history run a coach out of town in their first season here. I would love to trade both if it was even possible
Was it just "two virtual strangers" - if it was reported that other players under contract weren't happy with Sutter? Lindholm and Backs both had comments that indicated they weren't happy, I'm sure Pelts wasn't thrilled with Sutter's comments after his first game either. Just not loving the blame being put just on 2 players.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Is this the only news coming out?

Because we're just spinning our wheels if we run it back with the same goaltender coaching, the same assistants and Kirk Muller as head coach under GM Craig Conroy.

Everyone needs to go.

Lindholm and backs have been here for quite a while…

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad