TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I can't believe you guys are watching all these old series, most were good, but it's like watching a hockey game and know who won. If it's a memorable one like the very first Survivor, I get it, but every one of them I don't get.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Sandra quitting is hilarious. She's been built up as this 'Survivor Queen' but has never been a big challenge person. I mean they ended up calling it the 'Sandra bench' when she kept sitting out challenges. So when realizing that the only she could win was to win a challenge she left.

It's kind of smart and plays into her Queen/diva shtick. So why sit around and pretend she's going to win a challenge to get back in that everybody knows she has 0 chance of winning? Plus, she just did like two months for no reason the season before.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Whether you think you have a chance to win the challenge or not, she is a quitter. This is after she got bounced on a complete rookie move giving away her idol. She exposed herself in the worst way and this season was absolutely a dent in that legacy she seems to cherish so much.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I like Wendell still, I think his demeanor changed the second he got swapped to the same tribe as Michele. They keep saying he burned her, but it really feels like he's more mad at her than she's mad at him. Wonder what really happened there. Sad to see Wendell voted out, but I was sad to see every player voted out so far, so I'm getting used to it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah Sophie is super impressive. I also have to say Ben is really surprising me. This guy has his hand in everything, literally everyone is coming to him with stuff and he never seems to be in danger or has his name on the chopping block. I don't even know if he has a specific alliance but he's just always in the mix.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Ben and Tony are the two guys everyone had their eyes on because of their ability to find idols. They’re both at final 11 without one single advantage to help them up to this point.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like Sophie, and think she's playing a sneaky good game. She also seems really great at reading people. Probably just secured her fate of getting voted out next by giving her my vote of confidence. LOL

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Pavarti was not very good in Cook Islands or at least we didnt see her gameplay, her true gameplay came through in Micronesia. She just flirted alot but then again, so did Candice. The Candice-Billy interaction may be my favorite funniest moment of all time. It was absolutely insane and the funniest/cringiest thing ever. Yul dominated the season in social game play while Ozzy dominated in challenges. And Ozzy has always been a jerk. Literally looking back, he has been a jerk every season.

Agree on Ozzy; I think he's full of himself.
But I think Parvati has always been a good player, she did shine in Micronesia, and Heroes vs. Villians. I remember telling my wife all thru that season that Russell thinks he has her, but she's playing him and he doesn't even know it. She should have won that season too, IMO

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't think they should let somebody else join again. Ending it now would have been perfect. Fire tokens I have ended up being a joke. I wasn't paying full attention and need to rewatch but how didn't Natalie have a bigger advantage with all her tokens?

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I don't think they should let somebody else join again. Ending it now would have been perfect. Fire tokens I have ended up being a joke. I wasn't paying full attention and need to rewatch but how didn't Natalie have a bigger advantage with all her tokens?

Natalie had 4 tokens. Used 3 on a potential idol and 1 on an advantage
It's conflicting though because I thought you could use multiple tokens to get multiple advantages on the returning challenge. Probably something we missed.

I have no problem with fire tokens but the way it was integrated is flawed
You're basically rewarding a player who gets voted out first (Natalie) and giving her several opportunities to recoup fire tokens. In contrast, a player like Yul who gets voted out before the merge is in the worst position because he has no chance to regain his fire tokens back.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I like Sophie, and think she's playing a sneaky good game. She also seems really great at reading people. Probably just secured her fate of getting voted out next by giving her my vote of confidence. LOL

Sophie is playing a very good game but I'm concerned her lack of connections is going to betray her

Reactions: SPV

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I have no problem with fire tokens but the way it was integrated is flawed
You're basically rewarding a player who gets voted out first (Natalie) and giving her several opportunities to recoup fire tokens. In contrast, a player like Yul who gets voted out before the merge is in the worst position because he has no chance to regain his fire tokens back.

I get that but I think that's part of it. Edge is suppose to be harder to survive and your doing big task to get back in. Yuul picked a bad time to get voted out. He might not have advantages but maybe more energy from getting some food. I think it balances out.

What is messed up is Natalie survived longer on edge and won some tough tokens and had the same advantage as Rob somehow. That makes no sense.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I get that but I think that's part of it. Edge is suppose to be harder to survive and your doing big task to get back in. Yuul picked a bad time to get voted out. He might not have advantages but maybe more energy from getting some food. I think it balances out.

What is messed up is Natalie survived longer on edge and won some tough tokens and had the same advantage as Rob somehow. That makes no sense.

Because you got voted out first and have to be on edge longer, you should be given a greater chance to get back into the game? That doesn't make sense to me at all. It's your problem you got voted out first. The edge is already a great thing for voted out players because it's a 2nd chance for them to get back into the game. Players can raise the white flag anytime they want if it's too tough for them.

Not sure how Yul is getting more food. Natalie had 4 tokens and if she wanted to, she could've purchased peanut butter or pizza (for 1 token) whenever she wanted and that's better than anything Yul would've had. Speaking of food, I don't know for sure but I bet you that large jar of peanut butter that Tyson bought gave him a leg up on everyone else at the returning challenge.

My 0.02

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Because you got voted out first and have to be on edge longer, you should be given a greater chance to get back into the game? That doesn't make sense to me at all. It's your problem you got voted out first. The edge is already a great thing for voted out players because it's a 2nd chance for them to get back into the game. Players can raise the white flag anytime they want if it's too tough for them.

Not sure how Yul is getting more food. Natalie had 4 tokens and if she wanted to, she could've purchased peanut butter or pizza (for 1 token) whenever she wanted and that's better than anything Yul would've had. Speaking of food, I don't know for sure but I bet you that large jar of peanut butter that Tyson bought gave him a leg up on everyone else at the returning challenge.

My 0.02

Others could have won the tokens but she won most of them. She was basically the MVP of the edge and had the same advantage has 2-3 other people. Doesn't make sense imo.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Probst interview

Jeff Probst calls 'Winners at War' the best season of 'Survivor' ever

Yes, Natalie has more shots at earning tokens because she has spent more days on the Edge, but living on the Edge is significantly more difficult than living at a tribe camp. I think every player would tell you the same thing. Even the journey to get rice on the Edge is an ordeal. I think every player would prefer to stay in the game as long as possible, regardless the perceived advantage of having more time to earn tokens. It’s not a science, for sure — and I’m not saying there aren’t better versions. And word on the street is the Edge is controversial! What?! So we’ll probably give it a rest for a while!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Has this season completely negated any reputation Amber has had as a winner? Like the whole "rode Rob's coattails" was obviously always a thing, but she has been SO bad this season.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
I wasn't paying full attention and need to rewatch but how didn't Natalie have a bigger advantage with all her tokens?

Rob found 3 in that challenge last week, plus got one from Amber so he had same amount.

Has this season completely negated any reputation Amber has had as a winner? Like the whole "rode Rob's coattails" was obviously always a thing, but she has been SO bad this season.

I'll have to go back and watch her first season but I don't think Amber ever really had a reputation of being a great player. In all stars she rode shotgun with Rob to the finals where she got the win because of the bitterness towards Rob

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Rob found 3 in that challenge last week

So he got 3 in one challenge and Natalie got one per a challenge per a week. Not to mention the log challenge that alone should have been worth 5. Rob found them way to easy too. They want him back in the game so bad.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So he got 3 in one challenge and Natalie got one per a challenge per a week. Not to mention the log challenge that alone should have been worth 5. Rob found them way to easy too. They want him back in the game so bad.
I mean over half of them in that challenge had the exact same advantage and it's not like Natalie could have gotten more of an advantage if she had another 5 tokens. It was really a rather irrelevant thing...except for the few people that didn't have the advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad