TV: Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X (Episode Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I think this season has a lot of potential. There could be some real animosity between the tribes because of their differences in values and that always makes for great TV. I'm excited.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Won't watch, but I'll be pulling for the Gen-Xers since it's my generation...but it's a toss up - a generation that feels the world is against them and the prize isn't likely to be as good as the prizes of those who came before them so why try vs. a generation that doesn't care enough to put in the effort, especially if the reward doesn't come right away and you have to work with real, actual live people to get it. Could be interesting to see which wins :sarcasm:

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
1. I am The Liquor
2. Blackstar
3. Canada4Gold
4. fst6
5. The Head Crusher
6. FlyLine24
7. Deen

11 spots left!

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
1. I am The Liquor
2. Blackstar
3. Canada4Gold
4. fst6
5. The Head Crusher
6. FLYline27
7. Deen
8.Promethazine
9. Deestroyer
10. vdb
11.Sensbrawler
12.Ser Woof (by sharing your interest, I'm assuming that you are promising to try your hardest to participate, bro!)

6 spots left!

Last edited:

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I'm in. I don't want to be locked in as 1st pick though.

Either you're a stand-up guy, or you're just trying to save face in case you fail to repeat. I'm going with the latter. :sarcasm:

I promise... and if for some reason (blame my fiance + dogs) I slack off/forget, just give me a kick in the ass with a PM :laugh:

:laugh: no problem, bro.

Someone merged the threads :/

To be honest, I prefer it this way, even if a couple of people might be annoyed by it.

1. I am The Liquor
2. Blackstar
3. Canada4Gold
4. fst6
5. The Head Crusher
6. FLYline27
7. Deen
8.Promethazine
9. Deestroyer
10. vdb
11.Sensbrawler
12.Ser Woof
13. Trap Jesus
14. bossy22

4 spots left!

Correction: Whoops. I forgot that there will be 20 members of the pool. So there are actually 6 spots left!

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
You mean people who don't give a **** about the pool, which has nothing to do with the TV show? Yeah, why should you give a crap if you don't give a crap. No skin off your ass.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
You mean people who don't give a **** about the pool, which has nothing to do with the TV show? Yeah, why should you give a crap if you don't give a crap. No skin off your ass.

:laugh: Yeah, the Survivor pool has nothing to do with Survivor.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Why don't you ask yourself how many are gonna play that pool compared to watch. Then ask yourself if the pool has anything to do with the show if you're not playing.

I'll wait.

Even if you're not part of the pool, the pool obviously has something to do with the show. Suggesting that it doesn't is just plain silly. Now, I completely understand for some, the pool is completely irrelevant or uninteresting. And that's fine, I perfectly understand that. That however doesn't mean that others shouldn't be able to enjoy something that relates to Survivor in its thread.

There is no point arguing over this any further. The Mods have made their decision on this matter, anyway. Let's just get over it.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Question for the draft: Do we get points only if our pick wins or we get points based on our far our pick goes ?

I'm about to rank the 20 contestants and I don't know if I should do it based on chances of winning or just likelyhood of getting far (post-merge+).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Question for the draft: Do we get points only if our pick wins or we get points based on our far our pick goes ?

I'm about to rank the 20 contestants and I don't know if I should do it based on chances of winning or just likelyhood of getting far (post-merge+).

Last season everyone had one contestant, you got points based on how far they went.

Then each week, you pick a tribe (or individual) to win immunity, as well as who you think will be voted out.

I think I'll pass on the pool this time.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
1. I am The Liquor
2. Blackstar
3. Canada4Gold
4. fst6
5. The Head Crusher
6. FLYline27
7. Deen
8.Promethazine
9. Deestroyer
10. vdb
11.Sensbrawler
12.Ser Woof
13. Trap Jesus
14. bossy22
15. Benjamin

There's room for five more members. The last day to join will be this Friday, when I set up the draft order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad