TV: Survivor: Island of the Idols - Discussion Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not sure I understand that move. Feels like making a big move for the sake of making a big move.

That's what Chelsea said in her interview. Probst said he felt really bad for her, that she's been trying for years and getting blind sided hit her hard. In the interview, long after it happened, she was still choking up

'Devastated' Chelsea of 'Survivor' says 'all I wanted to do was cry'

"Me either! I feel like I was playing with a bunch of clowns. I’m not even bitter. But it’s just people have the case of big move-itis these days. And again, I don’t want to sound bitter, but that move, I knew a couple episodes you might watch and be like, “Wait, they, left out a lot of info. I don’t know how that person went home,” but they really didn’t leave anything out. Like, that happened right before Tribal. And there’s no rational explanation for that move. There really isn’t."

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
How are you a superfan and still get labeled a couple with somebody? She even said in the episode they get voted out. I get it could be editing and Aaron could have created the narrative. But she didn't do anything to distance herself from him. She got comfortable and blind sided/played by Aaron. The end.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I enjoy the snide comments that Sandra makes :laugh:

Never liked her in previous seasons but i like her now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Noura trying to convince her tribe to give her a specific role in a challenge when they didn't know what the role or even challenge was is one of the best things I've ever seen in Survivor. That was amazing.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Aaaaaaaaand the festival of overcomplication continues. It's like these guys never learn. You won't go far if you constantly lose the immunity challenge no matter how strong your tribe is. Karisma was the easy vote out, now they'll probably lose the next 2 challenges until they finally vote her out

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Disappointed Tom got cut. Kind of a joke to take him out now. He's not subversive, and he's not much of a challenge threat but holds his own and isn't a detriment to the tribe. I feel like the 'oh but he isnt good at puzzles' excuse was dumb. Karishma is arguably the biggest challenge liability in years. What a terrible player.

Pulling for Dean now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Karishma is terrible at all levels of survivor.

Sucks Tom got voted out. I was rooting for him.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Jesus Karishma might be the worst survivor player in years. How those idiots keep her around to keep helping them lose every challenge is laughable.

Cant believe they voted out tom, he quickly became a favorite of mine (didnt hurt he played for the Rangers too). But he generally seemed like a good guy on the show.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Aaaaaaaaand the festival of overcomplication continues. It's like these guys never learn. You won't go far if you constantly lose the immunity challenge no matter how strong your tribe is. Karisma was the easy vote out, now they'll probably lose the next 2 challenges until they finally vote her out
Survivor rewards stupidity now.

Hence the quick merges.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I like Sandra this season, she seems to know what she's doing, I used to think she was a lucky b$#&!.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Too many unlikeable players this season.

Wtf was that whole race segment??? Jesus christ leave that shit out. Boo-Hoo he called it a do-rag, all different races wear them, there was no racial intention with that. Jamal was more racist in that whole conversation assuming cause the kid is white he must be entitled :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Too many unlikeable players this season.

Wtf was that whole race segment??? Jesus christ leave that **** out. Boo-Hoo he called it a do-rag, all different races wear them, there was no racial intention with that. Jamal was more racist in that whole conversation assuming cause the kid is white he must be entitled :rolleyes:

The whole race scene last week and the gender stuff this week. So much cringe.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
"I'm offended you think because we are women we would get in an alliance together!!"

...meanwhile, the other tribe has a total woman's alliance. :)

Reactions: hoglund

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
The season is half over, so it's normally around this time. I know the time is going quickly, Survivor's finale is usually just before Christmas, so you better start shopping.

Yeah, but usually they wait for the merge. Jack hasn't even met some of the cast yet (Elaine, Missy, Aaron, Elizabeth). At this rate, we're gonna have the second largest jury ever.

At least it's not as strange as last season when Reem made the jury lol.

Reactions: flyersphan20

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I really like that play by Kellee but I would have taken the risk and told no one about it. Even though she did the smart thing and voted Dean, Noura blabs like crazy so the truth will probably get out there considering it's obvious something was orchestrated when 2 people vote for Jack.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I really like that play by Kellee but I would have taken the risk and told no one about it. Even though she did the smart thing and voted Dean, Noura blabs like crazy so the truth will probably get out there considering it's obvious something was orchestrated when 2 people vote for Jack.
I think Kellee is okay. She said she was going to tell Noura that she heard she was the 2nd choice or that Dean was going to vote for her and if Dean played an idol, she'd be gone, so it was in her best interest to write a different name down than Dean so there'd at least be a tie and a re-vote.

I like the move, but I wonder if she made the move only because she didn't want to burn an idol. Seems a silly reason for a move, but it was effective nonetheless.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Kellee is okay. She said she was going to tell Noura that she heard she was the 2nd choice or that Dean was going to vote for her and if Dean played an idol, she'd be gone, so it was in her best interest to write a different name down than Dean so there'd at least be a tie and a re-vote.

I like the move, but I wonder if she made the move only because she didn't want to burn an idol. Seems a silly reason for a move, but it was effective nonetheless.
She has that connection with Dean and it'll make him loyal to her (at least one would think). I think she's easily the best player so far this season, at least from what they've shown.

Jamal is interesting. The guy is incredibly smart but it's almost like it's impossible for him to not appear smug or distant from people. It reminds me of Spencer from previous seasons in a way. Just like this cold, calculated, methodical player that probably doesn't have the social game (without it coming across as forced) to win it.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad