TV: Survivor: Island of the Idols - Discussion Thread

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Just watched, and wow. I hate to stop watching the show, I thought they handled it as best as they could within the game context, but just terrible stuff there. It's true Survivor is a microcosm of society, and so not surprising that it ended the way it did, because we have a long way to go still.

We need more people like Jamal & Janet, in the game, and in the real world.
I thought CBS handled it really well. They offered to step in if necessary, put some regulations in and exposed the ugliness of the people to millions.

Reactions: SPV

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Pretty painful to see Kellee and Jamal voted out back to back. Janet seems like an amazing person.

Liz and Missy are just awful. Watching them bold face lie to Dan and then squirm when Janet confronted them was really uncomfortable.

Very little interest in watching the rest of the season, especially if Janet gets voted out. Just a total group of unlikeable human beings.

Reactions: SPV and Zeppo

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I thought CBS handled it really well. They offered to step in if necessary, put some regulations in and exposed the ugliness of the people to millions.

Nah, the first time Kellie asked him to stop should have been the warning. The 2nd time he did it, he should have been kicked out right there.

Reactions: Zeppo

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Who the f*** lays in the sand and tickles someone else's toes? Dude should've gotten kicked in the face right there. And judging by the tribal and his "since Jeff won't let this go", he's been doing this his entire life and is either truly ignorant to it or just doesn't give a shit about other people's personal space.

Reactions: Zeppo

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

Jeff was good at the second tribal too. He controlled the conversation very well, and kept it on topic, making Dan face the music

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty painful to see Kellee and Jamal voted out back to back. Janet seems like an amazing person.

Liz and Missy are just awful. Watching them bold face lie to Dan and then squirm when Janet confronted them was really uncomfortable.

Very little interest in watching the rest of the season, especially if Janet gets voted out. Just a total group of unlikeable human beings.
The recent Ponderosa video with Jamal, Kellee, and Jack is amazing, they're all such likable people. Compare that to those that are left...

Reactions: Zeppo and Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The recent Ponderosa video with Jamal, Kellee, and Jack is amazing, they're all such likable people. Compare that to those that are left...
I will check it out!

The attempt to apologize after the episode aired and after some of them got blasted online is pathetic. The only one that seems remotely believable is Aaron and it's cause he made a video.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Liz and Missy basically released simultaneous "Uh oh, I f***ed up" Twitter notes at the same time. Gotta love how both start on the defense right away that they're "limited to their own experiences". It's as clear as day how manipulative Liz in particular was and that she had all the details necessary to not act as she did. It wasn't a matter of proving how severe the allegations were, it was a matter of using the allegations and reputation to her advantage in the game. Liz then Missy:

EJYLKT9XkAAv0I0.jpg:large

EJYCOPhUwAEyKE8.jpg:large

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
At this point I hope Karishma wins. Might as well make one of the worst players in years the winner in one of the worst seasons of the show ever!

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
At this point I hope Karishma wins. Might as well make one of the worst players in years the winner in one of the worst seasons of the show ever!
No, I want Janet to win, she seems to care and is a nice person and is an overall better player than Karishma.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
This episode had it all.

Virtue signalling. That was template behavior by Jamal. I don't want to speak or act for the women and then does...telling everyone how male privileged everyone is now.
Guilty verdicts without knowing what's going on...
Passive aggressive behavior that made past Survivor contestants look like they all took truth serum.
Most of the women with apparent concerns touching and feeling Dan on the beach...in the dark.
Dan doing borderline things in a game that he will most likely answer for in real life.
Hugs, touching, etc. between everyone fills the episode.
A very smart in-game manipulator weeping on air because an older man touched her hair.
"I told him to stop." Is that what the beach scene was when she told him she needed to wash her hair and he touched it? It looked to me like she was joking around. She certainly didn't seem angry. It happened fast. Perhaps I missed something?
She decided to not say anything because apparently she doesn't know how the law works and didn't want to speak out because this is how they get us (others, self-persecution)...
Was caught with two Idols in her pocket after going on record saying how she would go down as the dumbest ever if she went home.
Survivor worried about a lawsuit.
Online SJWs attacking women for playing the game and not standing up for womanhood.

It's obvious why people still watch Survivor. Compelling stuff!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’ve actually liked the season so far but it’s been muddied and will be remembered for the controversies

Felt like Jeff and CBS handled it as well as they could’ve, short of removing people (Dan, Liz) from the game.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I’ve actually liked the season so far but it’s been muddied and will be remembered for the controversies

Felt like Jeff and CBS handled it as well as they could’ve, short of removing people (Dan, Liz) from the game.
I also thought CBS and Jeff handled it as well as they could. I've been pretty happy with the season, I'll hopefully be able to look past this stuff because I don't want it to cloud the game for me. I actually think Missy is a good player. I don't like that she was a part of that move but she was, and that's unfortunate, I blame Liz more, but I do see both being at fault.

I wonder if anyone else remembers that in season five, there was an incident like this between Ted and Ghandia where he was rubbing up against her at night and she got very upset. Times are much different now, clearly, but this type of incident isn't new, it's happened before. Really shows how much society has changed since season 5 and the reactions of people and what's acceptable and what isn't. In season five it became a joke, the famous quote from Ted being immortalized, "I'm a hundred and fifty...to two hundred percent...happy with the wife I have!", that just couldn't fly now, nor should it. Survivor and CBS have evolved, and most players have evolved.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
wow just got caught up with last weeks episode

Missy and Elizabeth are complete snakes. that was pathetic

really unlikable group, other than Janet Tommy and Elaine

man what a brutal cast this season. oh well, happens every now and then

I do think Jeff and the crew handled it all well thankfully

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dan is literally the biggest f***ing creep and dbag. All his reactions to everything were SO fake. Guy has probably been doing this to females his entire life and now it is coming to light. Hopefully his victims start coming out to expose him.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
"I work in the industry that allowed the Me Too movement to grow."

Bruh your industry is one of the main contributors to this :help:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Liz is a morally reprehensible person, along with Missy (to a bit of a lesser extent).

I'm not too sure how you came to this conclusion. It was clearly Missy's idea, she's the ring leader and Liz is following her. Liz was the only one who admitted to Janet when she confronted both of them. Missy didn't say anything. I think you got it backwards. Missy is cold blooded. Liz is too but she at least showed signs of remorse. Missy never did.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not too sure how you came to this conclusion. It was clearly Missy's idea, she's the ring leader and Liz is following her. Liz was the only one who admitted to Janet when she confronted both of them. Missy did say anything. I think you got it backwards. Missy is cold blooded. Liz is too but she at least showed signs of remorse. Missy never did.
Missy never even talked to Janet about it at any point, she just went along with everything. Liz was the one who expressed concern directly to Janet about Dan's behavior, then lied about saying that to Dan, then was completely evasive when Janet confronted her in front of Dan until she was completely backed into a corner like a rat. And then when Janet left after that she yet again threw her under the bus saying to Dan that she only said that to shut her up. And then at tribal, she really said nothing (unless they edited that out). She's easily the main culprit for despicable behavior here IMO.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Missy never even talked to Janet about it at any point, she just went along with everything. Liz was the one who expressed concern directly to Janet about Dan's behavior, then lied about saying that to Dan, then was completely evasive when Janet confronted her in front of Dan until she was completely backed into a corner like a rat. And then when Janet left after that she yet again threw her under the bus saying to Dan that she only said that to shut her up. And then at tribal, she really said nothing (unless they edited that out). She's easily the main culprit for despicable behavior here IMO.

Also, Missy was the one who said Dan was touching her in inappropriate ways. Missy was hyping it up too. Liz was the only who never even experienced it. Liz never experienced and was the one to tell Janet the truth while Missy just sat there. You really need to watch the episode again.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Also, Missy was the one who said Dan was touching her in inappropriate ways. Missy was hyping it up too. Liz was the only who never even experienced it. Liz never experienced and was the one to tell Janet the truth while Missy just sat there. You really need to watch the episode again.
She lied about it while never actually feeling threatened by Dan, how is that not completely unacceptable?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
She lied about it while never actually feeling threatened by Dan, how is that not completely unacceptable?

I never said she was innocent because she isn't. But you got the ring leader wrong, it's clearly Missy and Liz is following her. Imo it's way worse to experience it from Dan and hype it up and use it for your game. Then Liz who never experienced it. She's basically in the same boat as Aaaron. If Missy is telling Liz he's doing it to her and she wants to use it as game. What is Liz suppose to do? Tell Missy how to feel and act?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I never said she was innocent because she isn't. But you got the ring leader wrong, it's clearly Missy and Liz is following her. Imo it's way worse to experience it from Dan and hype it up and use it for your game. Then Liz who never experienced it. She's basically in the same boat as Aaaron. If Missy is telling Liz he's doing it to her and she wants to use it as game. What is Liz suppose to do? Tell Missy how to feel and act?
She's playing fast and loose with a guy's reputation that can have real-life consequences and someone else's well-meaning trying to intervene by pitting them against each other. Survivor showed Liz playing a much more active role than Missy for this.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
She's playing fast and loose with a guy's reputation that can have real-life consequences and someone else's well-meaning trying to intervene by pitting them against each other.

They all did. Kellee was using it as a reason to vote him out but not serious enough to go to production. That means it was game. It only became a huge issue when she got voted out with 2 idols.

Survivor showed Liz playing a much more active role than Missy for this.

Wrong. Missy was talking about who are we blindsiding next and all this. Her and Aaron are clearly the leaders. Liz is following.

- Missy experienced it from Dan and hyped it up for game.

- Missy never told Janet the truth. Liz had to.

- Watch Missy after the votes. No emotion at all.

They are all wrong. But you need to rewatch and stop acting like Liz is telling Missy what to do. It's the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad