TV: Survivor: General Discussion

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So I'm gonna just do my proposal in bite sized pieces to avoid a biblical amount of text as I have several seasons

39 days
16, 18 and 20 people

Survivor: Rising Sun -in Japan

Survivor: Chile - in the Actacama desert nearby a river (but plenty of fresh water)

Survivor: Jordan -in the Wadi Rum preserve / originally selected for season 4 but political climate has made that not possible

Survivor: Island of skulls -Fiji, a ghost island kind theme but we aren't resisting every season in history. It's just meant to be dark, mysterious and macabre

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen Z -I didn't give much thought but it can be Fiji again. Same idea as Millennials vs Gen X. It's gonna be glorious

Survivor: One World - lol just kidding that season was f***ing garbage

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So I'm gonna just do my proposal in bite sized pieces to avoid a biblical amount of text as I have several seasons

39 days
16, 18 and 20 people

Survivor: Chile - in the Actacama desert nearby a river (but plenty of fresh water)

Survivor: Jordan -in the Wadi Rum preserve / originally selected for season 4 but political climate has made that not possible

Survivor: Island of skulls -Fiji, a ghost island kind theme but we aren't resisting every season in history. It's just meant to be dark, mysterious and macabre

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen Z -I didn't give much thought but it can be Fiji again. Same idea as Millennials vs Gen X. It's gonna be glorious

Oh, here's actually what I'm hoping for, for 50

Old School (1-18) vs New School (18-40) vs New Era (41-present)

Also, if they cast some other good Canadian players/characters we are nearing the point where they could easily do United States vs Canada for New Era all stars. The only real dud as a Canadian has been Kane, but they've brought back worse for returnees. Maryanne, Erika, Shan, Venus, Omar and Kaleb have been pretty strong/memorable. I've seen it mentioned that they originally thought of doing Canadians vs Americans for the them that ended up being IOI. In the end only Tom Laidlaw was the only Canadian cast.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh, here's actually what I'm hoping for, for 50

Old School (1-18) vs New School (18-40) vs New Era (41-present)

Also, if they cast some other good Canadian players/characters we are nearing the point where they could easily do United States vs Canada for New Era all stars. The only real dud as a Canadian has been Kane, but they've brought back worse for returnees. Maryanne, Erika, Shan, Venus, Omar and Kaleb have been pretty strong/memorable. I've seen it mentioned that they originally thought of doing Canadians vs Americans for the them that ended up being IOI. In the end only Tom Laidlaw was the only Canadian cast.
Not a complaint but anyone who played Iike 20 years ago needs to just stay retired. The most painful thing I have ever seen on Survivor was Ethan and Amber just trying to even stay in the game. Otherwise you're dealing with a bunch of folks in their 50's. And we did that already in Nicaragua. Very, VERY bad idea

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not a complaint but anyone who played Iike 20 years ago needs to just stay retired. The most painful thing I have ever seen on Survivor was Ethan and Amber just trying to even stay in the game. Otherwise you're dealing with a bunch of folks in their 50's. And we did that already in Nicaragua. Very, VERY bad idea
I dunno, it varies. Like, I'm sure a ton of people want Boston Rob and Sandra back. I would love to see Rob C come out of retirement for this theme. A lot of the younger people from the early seasons still aren't that old yet. Rob C would be pretty interesting because he is so informed on Survivor, that he wouldn't be a fish out of water in the new era.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I dunno, it varies. Like, I'm sure a ton of people want Boston Rob and Sandra back. I would love to see Rob C come out of retirement for this theme. A lot of the younger people from the early seasons still aren't that old yet. Rob C would be pretty interesting because he is so informed on Survivor, that he wouldn't be a fish out of water in the new era.
As long as it's not Mariano. I've had enough of him for one lifetime. Imagine bringing "da buddy system" to Winners At War and thinking that is going to work. Same with Parvati. Great player but if I gotta listen to her lisp like a snake talking for another 10 episodes, I'm gonna have to skip the season. And I have never skipped a season. That's just personal annoyance. Idk how everyone continuously falls for her shit too

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
As long as it's not Mariano. I've had enough of him for one lifetime. Imagine bringing "da buddy system" to Winners At War and thinking that is going to work. Same with Parvati. Great player but if I gotta listen to her lisp like a snake talking for another 10 episodes, I'm gonna have to skip the season. And I have never skipped a season. That's just personal annoyance. Idk how everyone continuously falls for her shit too
I'm actually pretty indifferent to Boston Rob and Parv too. I get why they are iconcs, but they aren't among my favorite players of all time. I know you said you don't want people who haven't played in like 20 years, but I'd really love to see Chris Daugherty get another shot. He's currently the same age as Gabler and younger than Bob was in Gabon. While the older Old schoolers didn't do great in WaW, Gervase and Tina did pretty well in Blood vs Water. Kimmi did alright in Cambodia.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm actually pretty indifferent to Boston Rob and Parv too. I get why they are iconcs, but they aren't among my favorite players of all time. I know you said you don't want people who haven't played in like 20 years, but I'd really love to see Chris Daugherty get another shot. He's currently the same age as Gabler and younger than Bob was in Gabon. While the older Old schoolers didn't do great in WaW, Gervase and Tina did pretty well in Blood vs Water. Kimmi did alright in Cambodia.
There's a couple old schoolers who can probably still do well. Off the top of my head Alicia Callaway can probably still bring it despite being 55. Rob C would be a master class in New Era. Bobby Jon would be fine. If you could get Kelly Wigglesworth back on board it would go down probably just as well as Cambodia. She was fantastic out there. She is one of the old schoolers who thrived in the fast paced new era despite it being such an adjustment at first. Gervase too.

You gotta be careful and particular about who you choose with old school. You can't just say "Jenna Lewis!!!" and not expect 20 years of motherhood to have rendered her one of the worst possible choices you can make despite what a favorite she is/was

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There's a couple old schoolers who can probably still do well. Off the top of my head Alicia Callaway can probably still bring it despite being 55. Rob C would be a master class in New Era. Bobby Jon would be fine. If you could get Kelly Wigglesworth back on board it would go down probably just as well as Cambodia. She was fantastic out there. She is one of the old schoolers who thrived in the fast paced new era despite it being such an adjustment at first
Yeah, and some of the younger people from the old school seasons could still hold up athletically, for example Jenna M is 5 years younger than Maria from this season (who just won an immunity challenge). Eliza from Vanuatu and Micronesia is younger than that. Tons of people from the teens would also be fine, such as JT, Todd, Natalie White, Amanda Kimmel, Danielle Dilorenzo, Tyson, etc.

As for Amber in WaW, I don't think she really struggled, I think she had no real chance due to Boston Rob being in the game. Who knows how she would have done otherwise. The cast by all accounts absolutely adores her. From the old schoolers to Tony to people like Adam Klein.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

39 days
16, 18 and 20 people

Advantage menu

I'm going to spend most of my time explaining 1 advantage

1. Post merge idol nullifier that re enters the game after 1 tribal council. Once it is played (while the votes are being cast) the votes for that person counts. End of story. The **ONLY** method to avoid the nullifier is to play your idol before the votes are cast

Exhibit 1

2. Pre merge beach idol (1 for each beach) that can be played like a regular idol or before the vote takes place. See Exhibit 1. You will be required to play it (perhaps pointlessly) if you think your neck is on the line and the nullifier is out there.

3. The Unified Immunity Idol - aka the single most broken, overpowered BS ever contrived on Survivor. Makes "Knowledge is power and the Tyler Perry idol look like a biznatch"

1. Has 2 pieces that can be split apart (like a yin yang) and each piece can be played like a regular idol at 2 different Tribal Councils

2. Can be used ala Yul/Tony super idol with both pieces

This bulletproof vest comes via beware advantage after 1 tribal council (3 days into the game) where where you gamble opening a package with either a clue to where it is or lose your vote. There will be no less than 4 dummy packages where you lose your vote

1st clue is for what the idol does and that you must be picked up via boat to get it. It tells you one last clue will come at the merge

2nd clue is where you find your ticket to the boat ride where you will get the Unified Idol. You can't make the trip without it. This will also come via beware advantage

So yeah. If you want this thing. You gotta risk your ass over and over for it and sneak out. It's a fair trade

The "most broken advantage in history" thing was a joke. Super Idols are a Nothingburger. They were around in seasons 12 and 13 where the concept was new and nobody had a clue what they were doing. Tony found his at like final 8 and it was inconsequential because nobody was voting him out.

So I present to you the 4 ways it can be defeated

1. Nullifier

2. Force a tie and then vote out dumb dumb with an idol in their pocket on the re-vote for not negating the votes right then and there

3. Flush it exactly like a regular idol. Literally the only difference is when Jeff says "does not count"

4. Vote their ass out on the night of the biggest twist in Survivor history ***

*** - I told you all what it is before and I'll get back to it later

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Christ I am so intimidated by typing out every detail of my "make a season" I have all but stopped.

Twists for any of my seasons

Merge at 12 (if there's 20 people) and progress to an immediate double elimination

In a season of 20, tribe swaps at 18 and 14

"One Immunity Only" - Jeff does not accept any other idols or advantages but the Immunity won at the challenge. This will allow people to even flush my broken as f*** Unified Immunity Idol and there is nothing they can do. This is deal at around final 8 in my opinion

Final 2 in all scenarios -Winner of final 3 challenge watches the other 2 make fire for a spot in the final

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Jeff Probst confirms season 50 will be an all returnee season.

Let's gooooo!!! Should be a great time. I have a few ideas for what I'd like the season to be, but I'll type em up later.

In other news:

Inspired by the shit show of Season 46 we started watching Gabon again. What a gem of a season. Total chaos and buffoonery all around. They need another Randy Bailey, entertaining wet towel of a man. Hates everyone and everything and doesn't mind saying it.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

Let's gooooo!!! Should be a great time. I have a few ideas for what I'd like the season to be, but I'll type em up later.

In other news:

Inspired by the shit show of Season 46 we started watching Gabon again. What a gem of a season. Total chaos and buffoonery all around. They need another Randy Bailey, entertaining wet towel of a man. Hates everyone and everything and doesn't mind saying it.

Agreed on that part. I'd like to see a season of Villains vs Villains. Or loud abrasive personalities if that's a better way to describe it.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

In other news:

Only problem is there is such a backlog and any setup leaves out so much

I think 48 and 50 should have been returnees, with 48 being the best of the new era and 50 being old vs new era so 35-39 have a chance to return

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad