TV: Survivor: General Discussion

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Not too sure about the theme for next season but happy it's all new players.

As always for me I couldn't care less about the theme as long as the cast is good. Won't know until it starts

But I will say Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers is a handful to say. I always just refer to it as survivor though lol

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Ok, risked coming in this thread but scrolled past everything quickly. Just watching the finale now. That first tribal was insane, but Troyzan made the right move. Once Sarah played her advantage it was down to him or Cirie, that just guaranteed it wasn't him.

The funny thing is neither of those two were voted for.

Also it was nice to see all the idols gone at once like that.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I think I may have seen the two most beautiful women in Survivor history in the preview for next season. That's about the only good thing I have to say about that. The theme sucks. But the theme has virtually zero effect on the game, anyway. So hopefully, it will be a good season.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
My wife's cousin is a Hustler - they did the blurb on her. I'll be curious to see how far she goes. My wife is trying to gauge how skinny she is.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Brad got cocky and made the worst decision taking Sarah to the final 3.. simple as that really.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As always for me I couldn't care less about the theme as long as the cast is good. Won't know until it starts

But I will say Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers is a handful to say. I always just refer to it as survivor though lol

Yeah, and I thought I remember seeing somewhere that for a lot of these themes they just fit people in where needed. It's not like they turned down some type of "healer because they had too many and needed to get a "hero" instead or something.

That title is indeed god-awful though.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Yeah, and I thought I remember seeing somewhere that for a lot of these themes they just fit people in where needed. It's not like they turned down some type of "healer because they had too many and needed to get a "hero" instead or something.

That title is indeed god-awful though.

I can't remember where I heard it but I remember reading that this coming season they casted people to fit the theme when usually it's they cast people first and decide on a theme afterwards and fit people in to the tribes as best they can.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Brad got cocky and made the worst decision taking Sarah to the final 3.. simple as that really.

It was more just hotheaded, because he really seemed pissed at Tai for constantly flipping his vote.
I would have 100% voted for Brad, but he just played the home stretch poorly outside of dominating challenges.

Sarah was so smug at tribal council, I'm surprised they still sided with her. The jury seemed to appreciate how she voted out Sierra right after she was told she'd get willed the legacy advantage....I think that's some dirty ****, and it's the only reason she won.

The new season has a nice premise, with a horrible title.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just watch the last ep....GREAT WINNER!!!!

Sara completely deserved it, HANDS DOWN.

Who the hell could really root for Culpepper ? The way he treated another human being like he did (tia)...really? You are 46 years old acting like a 16 year old high school bully? You are a ****ing loser. I actually liked him from the start but after watching him treat another human being like that? Really man, grow the **** up. You are what is wrong with society these days and should be ashamed of yourself.

Sara was the clear winner, good for her.

edit - Debbie you are a loser too. keep faking your careers and getting arrested for falsifying records. Probably why you didnt vote for Sarah, since you were arrested a few years ago.

Oh and the new "final tribal" was 10000x better than previous years...keep that up.

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Watched the reunion yesterday....good on Culpepper for immediately apologizing to Tia. He regained some respect.

Double face palm to Ozzy for bringing up politics. Hopefully he isn't asked to return after that.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just caught up with the finale after a busy week. It was nice to see Culpepper dust off the "Colby" maneuver and cost himself the win by bringing Sarah to the final-3. Such a poor decision spoke to his arrogance and/or inability to read a crowd; nonetheless, he had an impressive run as a challenge beast down the stretch.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I know this thread is old af, but I've just recently gotten into Survivor after watching a lot of Big Brother and I didn't want to put this in the most recent thread.

I watched the second half of Survivor:Nicaragua as my fiancee was finishing it, and really liked it, so we started watching Survivor:Gabon

Just got to the merge, and holy crap I really like this show! I thought it was basically outside Big Brother, but wow was I wrong... It's so much better, IMO.

Really looking forward to continuing to watch this. Cagayan is the next season we're watching after Gabon.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dammit, you got me excited with this bump that they finally planned a date to start taping a new season..

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Haven't heard any news regarding a new season of the main show, but for those that watch international editions South Africa recently finished filming a season that will air in a few months.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I know this thread is old af, but I've just recently gotten into Survivor after watching a lot of Big Brother and I didn't want to put this in the most recent thread.

I watched the second half of Survivor:Nicaragua as my fiancee was finishing it, and really liked it, so we started watching Survivor:Gabon

Just got to the merge, and holy crap I really like this show! I thought it was basically outside Big Brother, but wow was I wrong... It's so much better, IMO.

Really looking forward to continuing to watch this. Cagayan is the next season we're watching after Gabon.

It is kinda funny that you are getting into the show after watching Nicaragua as it is considered as one of the worst seasons of the show as is Gabon. So if you think those seasons are good, it is only going to get better.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Haven't heard any news regarding a new season of the main show, but for those that watch international editions South Africa recently finished filming a season that will air in a few months.

Australia too.

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It is kinda funny that you are getting into the show after watching Nicaragua as it is considered as one of the worst seasons of the show as is Gabon. So if you think those seasons are good, it is only going to get better.
Yeah I had heard that Nicaragua was bad. I think my fiancee had watched like 3 other seasons and I just happened to get into watching it while she was about halfway through Nicaragua.

I'm really blown away by how intense the gameplay is. We're nearing the end of Gabon right now (just got to final 5) and it just seems like every move is so big. The past few tribals have been mega intense. Especially Bob's plays with the fake idols.

I had a misconception that Big Brother and Survivor were a LOT more similar, boy was I wrong.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->