TV: Survivor: Edge of Extinction - Discussion Thread

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
That episode was insane!!!!

Was not expecting Aubry to go home this early with an idol in her pocket.

Lauren's got balls of steel.

Wendy was fun but I think she left at the right time.

Love Lauren, Victoria and Kelley.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

And if they had kept her then they could have used her extra vote to break the 4-4 deadlock.

Reactions: SensBrawler

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Still think Julie is winning this.

Its nice to a majority of the new players actually wanting to target the returnees (except for Lauren). Also have to admit, i was completely against this twist when it was first announced but I'm liking it now. This is what redemption island should have been.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Curious to see how they'll integrate all the castaways back into the game because technically no one has been officially eliminated from the game.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Curious to see how they'll integrate all the castaways back into the game because technically no one has been officially eliminated from the game.

I am thinking there will be a competition and only the winner gets back into the game.

Oh and that was amazing seeing Aubry blindsided with all those advantages LMAO

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Still think Julie is winning this.

Its nice to a majority of the new players actually wanting to target the returnees (except for Lauren). Also have to admit, i was completely against this twist when it was first announced but I'm liking it now. This is what redemption island should have been.

Julie's not a bad choice. Personally, I feel like Lauren's the winner, but it's still early.

Also, agree with you about Extinction Island. I thought it was gonna be a disaster when it was first announced, but it's actually been pretty interesting so far.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
They shouldn't be allowed to have side secret conversations at tribal, especially after the first vote.

This season still doesn't move the needle for me, but it might be because the last 2-3 seasons have had really strong casts.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Excited that we are at the merge, and that they are finally doing something with the edge of extinction players next week. Also, really happy that Lauren survived another week & will now make the merge :)

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

Lauren is too emotional, she'll be gone soon.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I hope people are kind to Wendy during her life.

I think she will spread a lot of happiness and good will to others if she can avoid mean humans.

Reactions: Jussi and TP

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Really hoping Aubry comes back for both game and pool reasons. Not sure she can pull it off though. She will crush people in puzzles so who knows, except maybe the guy who figured out the map. Hopefully it isn't just physical/luck to get back in, I think Survivor producers know she is good television so I have hope.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Wentworth is lookin to be fairly bad at this game...

Completely alienates Rick, doesn't even try to get Wardog, Lauren, David, Rick and herself working together.

Joe literally tells her that he has been on the bottom for quite sometime and so has Aurora. Completely ignores all of this and just tries to get Rick out instead when theres a possibility of pulling the majority together.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Wentworth is lookin to be fairly bad at this game...

Completely alienates Rick, doesn't even try to get Wardog, Lauren, David, Rick and herself working together.

Joe literally tells her that he has been on the bottom for quite sometime and so has Aurora. Completely ignores all of this and just tries to get Rick out instead when theres a possibility of pulling the majority together.

Agreed.

I also think the Kama tribe majority has very narrow thinking. This season seems to favor the physical players, voting Joe out seems like a waste as there's a high chance he'll get back in later. This was the time to vote out those strategic masterminds instead. They also just reduced their majority. I feel like traditional strategy should be thrown out the window in a season like this with the chance at getting back in the game existing.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I don't anybody really played that well in the merge episode except for Rick.

I guess you could argue that Julie played well too. Bonding with Rick and targeting Kelley were smart moves. However, in the end, she didn't get what she wanted which leads me to believe she has very little power amongst her alliance.

The Lesus played poorly. They did a good job of bringing Joe and Aurora into the fold, but they should have also worked with Rick and David. Instead, they targeted them. They were thinking short term instead of long term.

Not sure why Joe was acting so chill post challenge. He should have realized he'd be a target.

And even though the Kama 6 successfully voted out a big target in Joe, they voted off the wrong person IMO. Joe is a challenge threat, but that's pretty much it. On the other hand, Kelley is more of a **** disturber that has shown in the past that she can be hard to eliminate.

Really hoping that the Kelley, Lauren and Wardog can turn it around. Otherwise, this season could be a bit of a slog down the stretch.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Julie had the right idea with getting out Wentworth. If they would have, it would have ensured a majority with their 6. If they vote out Wentworth, Joe and Aurora are still on their side, and thats when they could have eliminated one of them.

This vote just alienated Aurora, and now if the other side wanted to, it could be a 6-6 split. Hypothetically, 6-6 vote, Wentworth's side has 3 idols, gives them a 50/50 shot at playing it on the right person. Even if they didnt and went to rocks, Wentworth's side would have a 5/2 chance of getting one of the other 6 out.

However, we all know this is not going to happen because Manu is terrible and will not want to work together.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Since when did Rick become Devens? I hate that the production team/Jeff Probst suddenly decided to do this and tell the other players to call him that. Tells me that they will do what they can to keep him around for some reason.

As for Joe, look out. When he comes back in the game, he will probably win every challenge and make the final 3.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't tell if Joe was just clueless that his tribe was going to turn on him or if he just didn't give a crap and wanted to head to Exile lol.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
not sure i like more than a 2nd chance.
but kinda dumb to get rid of Joe. knowing he has a chance too comeback. i would keep him until Jeff says this is it. losers are jury, no more playing in the 2nd island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad