TV: Survivor 44

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well, in my post above that got all the crap started, I said I was likely going to regret posting it. You laughed at the post, and then went on to prove me right and regret my honesty. You certainly weren't alone though and there were far worse comments where I was essentially accused of being a racist and a misogynist, and possibly a bigot although I'm not sure about the last one. In fact, looking back now, if what you said had been said in a vacuum where I wasn't being attacked on all sides, I likely would have never got my back up about it. So, sorry about that.

But listen, I've seen the "Go watch something else then" comments before, said by many people to many different people. I kind of see them akin to, "If you don't like my country, go find somewhere else." No one needs to hear that, either as highly offensive as that is when it's said out of racism or politics, or even when it's just used as an argument about a TV show. As benign as your comment was in comparison, I can make up my own mind about what I want to watch.

In post #13 of this thread I said about Survivor, "It's like that codeine habit I developed in my 20s where eventually it didn't make me feel good anymore. I couldn't understand why I was still using it, but I couldn't stop."

We're cool, but I hope this is the last time I have to address someone who tells me to go watch something else. There are parts of Survivor I hate, but there are parts where I'm surprised and I still enjoy it, like this season's finale which I thought was excellent. Drug references aside, that's enough to keep me going for now.
If you don't give a rats ass about my opinion, I'm not sure why my laugh reaction would have any affect. No problem, FWIW I was not trying to imply that I think you're a racist and a bigot. It's always interesting to get more colorful personalities, but that can come with a certain air of seeming to be accepting of that kind of behavior, which becomes problematic. Especially for a brand like CBS.

My "go watch something else" was a legitimate and heartfelt suggestion. I used to LOVE playing League of Legends when it was new, i thoroughly enjoyed it and played it just about every day. After a few years I did not like the direction that the game and player base were heading, so I cut my losses and moved on. I liked a lot about the game, but the overriding feeling I got was negative. It's pretty reasonable to re-consider engaging in something that causes a lot of negative feelings.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
While social media has had a big effect on what people do on tv, good non-controversial villains can still exist in survivor today, cbs just doesnt really seem to want to cast/find them. I watch a fair share of reality tv, and you still see villains pop up on other shows.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
If you don't give a rats ass about my opinion, I'm not sure why my laugh reaction would have any affect. No problem, FWIW I was not trying to imply that I think you're a racist and a bigot. It's always interesting to get more colorful personalities, but that can come with a certain air of seeming to be accepting of that kind of behavior, which becomes problematic. Especially for a brand like CBS.

My "go watch something else" was a legitimate and heartfelt suggestion. I used to LOVE playing League of Legends when it was new, i thoroughly enjoyed it and played it just about every day. After a few years I did not like the direction that the game and player base were heading, so I cut my losses and moved on. I liked a lot about the game, but the overriding feeling I got was negative. It's pretty reasonable to re-consider engaging in something that causes a lot of negative feelings.
I already covered all of that. Let's move on.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
this was an extremely good modern season; probably the best since Millenials vs Gen X for my money. Yam Yam played one of the most pleasant yet cunning social games ever played

On top of an (actually) likable cast, advantages were less annoying, the edit was good; a good step in the right direction for the show after some what shit the last few years. But they have to go back to 39 days

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
But they have to go back to 39 days

That and new locations again is all I want. I'm glad the show is doing well ratings wise cause I want the show to keep going but they should put some money into it and give us some new locations again. Unfortunately won't happen until at least season 48. I know it's a bit off but will be here before we know it but I'm really curious to see what they do for season 50.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm fine with Yam Yam winning, he played a pretty good game aside from the challenges.

I'm also in the boat to bring back the alpha males and former sorority girls back. They bring all the drama. The recent casts have been way too boring aside from a a few people.

Though I am glad the last couple season seasons they have gotten away with the racial stuff every episode. Those 2 seasons were ROUGH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad