Salary Cap: Surprised myself looking at next year

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
starting to look like it might be closer to 8 mill instead of the 6 we were thinking last year...

yes yes I know everyone will tell me he wont get 8 and they will laugh

that's what im talking about... a lot of people here are going to be horribly shocked

I think you'll see a contract similar to what Dougie Hamilton received in Calgary. The Bruins are very consistent with their numbers for RFA's it seems and will make him hold out if he does not accept their number

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think you'll see a contract similar to what Dougie Hamilton received in Calgary. The Bruins are very consistent with their numbers for RFA's it seems and will make him hold out if he does not accept their number

Besides Hamilton, which recent RFA has "held out"? I think the Bruins and McAvoy's agent will negotiate a deal that makes sense for the team and the player going forward.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Besides Hamilton, which recent RFA has "held out"? I think the Bruins and McAvoy's agent will negotiate a deal that makes sense for the team and the player going forward.

My point is, the Bruins have a number number for McAvoy and I don't think they'll budge very much on it. I remember Pasta's agent getting ambitious but ended up settling on a more reasonable #

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Oh good, I've missed the Sinden days. When I talk about old time hockey this is not what I am referring too.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Oh good, I've missed the Sinden days. When I talk about old time hockey this is not what I am referring too.

Just saying I think they'll approach the McAvoy contract just like they did Pasta. Unless he has an amazing year this year (like Norris worthy) I don't see a number close to 8 mill, probably just south of 6 mill

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

for the sake of the team I will hope you might be right

but for the sake of the agent I guess... for his sake... I hope you are wrong because he will be fired immediately and lose his entire cliental if he ever was that incompetent

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
for the sake of the team I will hope you might be right

but for the sake of the agent I guess... for his sake... I hope you are wrong because he will be fired immediately and lose his entire cliental if he ever was that incompetent

We just watched this whole thing play out with pasta. Nothing should be surprising here. The Bruins have a number and so does his agent. I predict they will come in closer to the Bruins #

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
We just watched this whole thing play out with pasta. Nothing should be surprising here. The Bruins have a number and so does his agent. I predict they will come in closer to the Bruins #

as far as pastrnak goes... I called a 6 mill average. then draisdailt got his money... I said 6 wasn't going to get it done for pasrnak because the market was changed

I adjusted my prediction to 7 if I remember correctly. when he signed for less.. one might argue that his pay is very low in the lockout season. his average in the other 5 years is where I pegged it.

its still a damn good contract and Sweeney deserves props. but it wasn't out of step with the market as a whole. only top 2 picks like Eichel and McDavid have shattered the 10 mill level

draisailt remains a unique contract out of step with the market

other contracts were given to 24-25 year olds and aren't easily comparable to a 21 year old

other 21 year old contracts continue to be 7 mill and less

but none of that matters for McAvoy or carlo because they are dmen and not forwards. now we must study the market to figure out their new contracts. its going to be higher than people here think

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
ondrej kase… 2 seasons... first less than 20 points... second season just 38 points... 3 year deal at 2.6 mill

how do we compare a guy like Bjork to this if Bjork has a 30 point season this year? or donato? Heinen seems a guarantee...

this is the sad sad sad reality of the nhl people... a 21 year old with 55 career points can get a 7.5 million dollar contract.

cap doomsday is coming and we wont be able to afford to keep all of our good looking kids

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
ondrej kase… 2 seasons... first less than 20 points... second season just 38 points... 3 year deal at 2.6 mill

how do we compare a guy like Bjork to this if Bjork has a 30 point season this year? or donato? Heinen seems a guarantee...

this is the sad sad sad reality of the nhl people... a 21 year old with 55 career points can get a 7.5 million dollar contract.

cap doomsday is coming and we wont be able to afford to keep all of our good looking kids

Seems pretty reasonable to me. 3 years at 2.6 million a year for a 21-year old winger who posted 20 goals and 38 points in just 66 games. Who really cares what he did in Year 1?

If the Bruins can keep the likes of Heinen and Bjork to those kind of numbers when their contracts are up the Bruins will be in fine shape. If the production is there similar to Kase, Heinen and Bjork signed for 3 years at a combined shade over 5.0 million a year? Sign me up for that

Reactions: maxl7

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
GDZ answered this one for me. I should have been a little more specific.
To be honest, I was skimming the thread, and had I read every post in context I probably would have gotten your intention better. So more likely my fault than yours.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Cap was also slightly lower then... so I'd expect something slightly higher.

Also are we in agreement that McAvoy is better than Hamilton was a the time of the deal? I think Dougie had more points, but McAvoy is playing more minutes. Think that could bump that price somewhere in the mid 6 million tier (which relatively speaking, I think is fair)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
To be honest, I was skimming the thread, and had I read every post in context I probably would have gotten your intention better. So more likely my fault than yours.

If you had read every post in context, there is also a good chance you would have suffered at least some brain damage, so just as well.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Cap was also slightly lower then... so I'd expect something slightly higher.

Also are we in agreement that McAvoy is better than Hamilton was a the time of the deal? I think Dougie had more points, but McAvoy is playing more minutes. Think that could bump that price somewhere in the mid 6 million tier (which relatively speaking, I think is fair)
So basically after one year with injuries, your ready to give him 6mil? I’d like to work for you in the future.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So basically after one year with injuries, your ready to give him 6mil? I’d like to work for you in the future.
IF he continues the way he has... I don't think it's unfathomable.

I'm not saying I personally would, it's not my money. But look at comps of potential #1's that have been playing the minutes. I think McAvoy will get between 6-7 on his next contract. Especially if we are using Hamilton as the comp at over 5 several years ago.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-8-20_14-55-44.png

for quick reference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad