WWE: Surivor Series: WarGames 2023

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I fully admit I'm a seat snob when it comes to wrestling, I'll just stay home and watch if I don't have a good seat. I started traveling for the Royal Rumble before they moved those into larger buildings because it was always a cheaper fun trip to a warmer city a lot of the years but the baseball stadiums are especially awful to see a show so I stopped going to those as well.

Personally I can afford it but I can't justify it. I just don't think the product is worth the prices they are charging. Especially when I can stay home and watch every ppv on peacock for next to nothing and have a better viewing experience.

I like being warm and comfy. I have zero desire to spend money on any pro wrestling event.

If AEW got on Max I would watch their PPVs more regularly too.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
RDT_20231126_0149441939899386818484591.png

f***ing Jack Perry

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I fully admit I'm a seat snob when it comes to wrestling, I'll just stay home and watch if I don't have a good seat. I started traveling for the Royal Rumble before they moved those into larger buildings because it was always a cheaper fun trip to a warmer city a lot of the years but the baseball stadiums are especially awful to see a show so I stopped going to those as well.

Personally I can afford it but I can't justify it. I just don't think the product is worth the prices they are charging. Especially when I can stay home and watch every ppv on peacock for next to nothing and have a better viewing experience.
I get it. I typically like to sit lower bowl end zone, so my line of sight is broadcasters, Ring, ramp, entrance. All in one line. I considered traveling for Philly, but my concern is the two night thing. I can’t trust that I’ll get a great show because they may stack a show according to MY interests. One night, and I’m in. A six hour drive to Philly is fine if the risk of a dud show is lower

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think he might feel that he actually needs the presense of "professionals"/veterans in the locker room that will keep his ego in check. And Cody's talk of the locker room or the whole production being a team effort sounds exactly what Punk has wanted the company to be like. :dunno:
Dawg, you’re such shill, it’s remarkable.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I love this just for the fact he definitely meant every word he said about WWE in those promos in AEW. Guy swallowed every ounce of pride he had left to leave professional wrestling again!

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Punk is one of the biggest bitches this company ever seen.

If there were dirt sheets in the mid 90’s he’d be HBK, honestly. Great talent, political dick head.

That said, they’re going to do good business. Seth work shooting a reaction after the show to give them “behind the scenes” shit is going to be remarkable.

We’re getting Seth Rollins vs CM Punk at Wrestlemania.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

These reactions are great. I can't say that I'm a Punk fan but yes, I definitely marked the hell out when his music hit. The last time I felt chills like this is when Bray returned.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just like after the brawl at All Out, Phil Brooks knows what his legacy would’ve been had he never shown up again. Clearly he’s gone a very long way in his head to make these amends because having his AEW run be his parting shot, given the unfulfilled potential. I don’t know that he won’t blow it, but there’s a lot of weight to carry if it’s something you have to live with for the rest of your life.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Competition is always a great thing, for the fans and for the workers.

My biggest complaint about WWE is the pricing of tickets and 2 nights of mania that makes the whole weekend more expensive for the fans. The cost of my past mania tickets, even if you just go back to mania 30 in New Orleans compared to what the Philly tickets are costing is insane. I can't justify it. It was literally cheaper for me to fly to London for All In than spend money on 2 nights of mania for decent seats. Even worse that big stadium shows are never that great in terms of a viewing perspective.

Two good seats for two nights of mania almost pays for half of 1 of my Devils season ticket seats that's normally 44 games, it's absurd and unjustifiable.
This is in every sport and in everything out there. There is not one product or service that hasn’t skyrocketed in price over the last couple years

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Personally, I’ve never understood why CM Punk was ever popular. I think he’s an annoying crybaby. But, he’s a ratings machine. As @Fro said, it was only a matter of time before Endeavor threw the blank check at him.

Reactions: Fro

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
As Punk appeared on the stage, video footage captured an enraged Rollins screaming at Punk from ringside. At that point, it was unclear whether this was part of a scripted storyline or Rollins’ genuine reaction.

However, according to Fightful Select, the drama between Rollins and Punk didn’t end there. Reportedly, Rollins had to be “ushered away” by Triple H and Michael Cole as he was actively “looking for” Punk backstage

They aren't wasting anytime with the Rollins-Punk angle lol...can't wait for monday

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is in every sport and in everything out there. There is not one product or service that hasn’t skyrocketed in price over the last couple years

I'm a Devils and Red Bulls season ticket holder and my tickets have not even remotely jumped up in price like WWE tickets have, especially WrestleMania.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So I wonder, could Punk making amends open the door for an AJ Lee return? She is only 2 yrs older than Bayley

If we are going by what she's said over the years an in ring return probably isn't likely, she's said her hands still go numb from time to time because she had a neck injury that she choose to rehab instead of have surgery on.

Maybe her getting an HOF induction or being involved in a non wrestling capacity though is something that probably has a greater chance of happening unless the status on her neck has changed that much.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think this is a bad move by wwe

Gunna for sure mess up the locker room…. If someone as small as jungle boy/bucks/hangman can get that kinda reaction out of cmpunk…. Imagine the type of egos and people in wwe that already don’t like him.

It’ll be hyped for a little, but eventually the back room will crumble, won’t be shocked if some people leave over it…. He’s also not very good in the ring.

Too much ego, he’s bound to take some cheap shots at aew, which I think benefits aew

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rhea Ripley has probably never interacted with Punk yet looked disgusted.

WWE absolutely is going to play into the "locker room hates Punk" storyline and he's going to be this lone wolf character.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rhea Ripley has probably never interacted with Punk yet looked disgusted.

WWE absolutely is going to play into the "locker room hates Punk" storyline and he's going to be this lone wolf character.
And if they let some of the better speakers really dig in on some promos, that’s a totally fine program to run

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think this is a bad move by wwe

Gunna for sure mess up the locker room…. If someone as small as jungle boy/bucks/hangman can get that kinda reaction out of cmpunk…. Imagine the type of egos and people in wwe that already don’t like him.

It’ll be hyped for a little, but eventually the back room will crumble, won’t be shocked if some people leave over it…. He’s also not very good in the ring.

Too much ego, he’s bound to take some cheap shots at aew, which I think benefits aew
I disagree. WWE is such a well oiled machine at this point. They can be horrible for years but the show goes on night after night without error, until something or someone catches fire again. The key with them is they can probably shield Punk from anybody they need to, and if they need to have a quick trigger finger with releasing him should it go south, they’ll do it.

It’s the whole “we don’t need you, you need us” argument. Punk has to play somewhat nice. He’s got no legs to stand on

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad