Supporter Section Cheers

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
As you probably remember a few weeks ago Leeder unveiled a new 10 game trial for a European style "supporters section" in which fans will be encouraged to stand and cheer the entire game, much like in Europe. In Europe many teams also have special cheers and songs they will cheer during the game.

In the past HF got the Alfie 11:11 chant going, so there is no reason we can't get some more going. What are some that we can do?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Five minutes left in the third I like cheering "Let's beat traffic!" clap clap clapclapclap
For all the people ducking out.

Back in the day at football games in the stupid section, we'd have a "BEAT THE TRAFFIC!" chant. If the person leaving looked at us, all 500 of us would bring out our keys and start jangling them.

Twas awesome.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
As you probably remember a few weeks ago Leeder unveiled a new 10 game trial for a European style "supporters section" in which fans will be encouraged to stand and cheer the entire game, much like in Europe. In Europe many teams also have special cheers and songs they will cheer during the game.

I'd like to know the guy in charge of these decisions to try and artificially create atmosphere at SBP.

They should get some gladiators with whips to enforce the standing rule and read speeches off their shields.

Then Alanis shows up with a rousing rendition of "This land is your land"

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Not a chant, but still an interesting idea...

I was in Berlin a few years ago and took in a handball game. The gameplay is quasi-similar to basketball, in terms of how the team sets up in the offensive zone, passes around, and ultimately somebody attempts a shot.

Anyway, one of the cool things that the crowd did was, when the home team was set up in the offensive zone and passing around, they'd all clap in unison, which must have sounded quite imposing for the visiting team. In the video below (this is the actually the game I attended, and shows the final minute or so), you'll hear it at the very beginning of the clip, and then again at 1:09, which Berlin (in yellow) has possession.

Transferring that to hockey, I think it would make for an intimidating environment if the fans were to do this when the Sens were set up in the offensive zone on power plays. If nothing else, it'd give people something more constructive to do than yell "Shooooooot!!" :laugh:

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
It's cool, especially if you're watching the game live in the arena. The fans are loud pretty much all the time, cheering and everything. For example, watch Dinamo Riga home games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I would support a round of "Oil Thigh" after each goal.

Cha gheill!

Haha, as an alumnus I support this as well! :D

I like he clapping when in attacking zone as well as the idea of going with tunes for familiar songs. I also don't mind the "beat traffic" chant, though I am sure the Sens don't want cheers that put down our own fans.

Last edited:

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Raise The Budget clap clap clapclapclap

I'll try and think of some more positive ones...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've been thinking that adapting "when the saints go marching in" would work for the Sens. I'll get working on some lyrics. Starting at a simple known tune like that is key.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Whey hey and up she rises, whey hey and up she rises, whey hey and up she rises early in the morning.

Drink from the cup and pour if over, drink from the cup and pour it over, drink from the cup and pour it over early in the morning.

What do ya do with a drunken Sabre what do ya do with a drunken sabre what do ya do with a drunken sabre early in the morning

Throw em in the box until the games over, throw em in the box until the games over, throw em in the box until the games over ---- just to get pailer?

Hooow mannnnnny habs dove over, hooow mannnny habs dove over, hoooow mannny habs dove over just to have em ------

How many shots till andy's sober? How many shots till andy's sober how many shots till andy's sober just to fall oooover

Score roar and up she rises score roar and up she rises early in the morning

Throw the ref out until hes sober throw the ref out until hes sober throw the ref out until hes sober early in the morning

Leafs suck and now theyre bad word leafs suck and now theyre bad word leafs suck and now theyre bad word bernier is a siveeee

I like sea shanties. Just spitballing

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Gotta be simple. A few words tops. Maybe a little question and answer type chant around the All in All Red theme they did a few years ago?

One person (drill sergeant style): AAAALLLL IN????

Everyone: ALL! RED!

Repeat...

Something like that might be cool and could be started by a couple people. Or have one section doing the calling and another doing the answering. Sens brass - if you're reading this, why not try this out on the jumbotron and see if it catches on?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I've been thinking that adapting "when the saints go marching in" would work for the Sens. I'll get working on some lyrics. Starting at a simple known tune like that is key.

Bingo. Literally change one word. Saints to Sens.

I went to a Spurs game once, and that's what we chanted that a LOT. And we were in the away supporters section. You limit it to the beginning lyrics, though:

Oh when the Sens...
Go marching in...
Oh when the Sens go marching in...
I want to be... in the number
Oh when the Sens go marching in.

Then one dude: Oh when the Sens..
Crowd: OH WHEN THE SENS
Go marching in GO MARCHING IN
I want to be.. in the number.

...etc.

Easy peasey. It would work, and it is epic as all hell when an entire stadium is on it. Even a single (but entire) section would have great results; for example look how loud away supporter sections can get at soccer games. Only concern is it takes a good minute, so during play something would inevitably occur to make the crowd stop and make that "Aahhhhhhh" noise.

Could you imagine this at CTC? Unrealistic, maybe, but a guy can dream:

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Gotta be simple. A few words tops. Maybe a little question and answer type chant around the All in All Red theme they did a few years ago?

One person (drill sergeant style): AAAALLLL IN????

Everyone: ALL! RED!

Repeat...

Something like that might be cool and could be started by a couple people. Or have one section doing the calling and another doing the answering. Sens brass - if you're reading this, why not try this out on the jumbotron and see if it catches on?

I will not subjugate myself to the scoreboard. Might as well revert to, "everybody clap your hands. *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*."

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Ellerrrrr Watch out for Gryba
Ellerrrrr Watch out for Gryba
Ellerrrrr Watch out for Grybaaaaa
Because he's going to know you out

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I like sea shanties. Just spitballing

Oh the year was nineteen ninety two
(how I wish I was in Ot'twa now)
A letter from Ziegler gave a team
To the prettiest city I've ever seen

God damn them all, we were told
We'd cruise the league for Stanley's gold.
We'd lose no games, shed no tears...
Now I'm a broken man counting all my scars, the last of Firestone's Senators.

Oh Brucie Firestone scoured the league
For twenty brave men, all hockey-men who
could make for him the Senator's crew

The Senator's team was a sickening sight
She'd score once a game and her blueline stunk
and the goalies with their stresses and their failures and funk.

On the league's first day, we played the Habs
We won, and the fans had a glorious day
Pumping like madmen all the way

And so on...

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Bingo. Literally change one word. Saints to Sens.

I went to a Spurs game once, and that's what we chanted that a LOT. And we were in the away supporters section. You limit it to the beginning lyrics, though:

Oh when the Sens...
Go marching in...
I want to be... in the number

Then one dude: Oh when the Sens..
Crowd: OH WHEN THE SENS
Go marching in GO MARCHING IN
I want to be.. in the number.

...etc.

Easy peasey. It would work, and it is epic as all hell when an entire stadium is on it. Even a single (but entire) section would have great results; for example look how loud away supporter sections can get at soccer games. Only concern is it takes a good minute, so during play something would inevitably occur to make the crowd stop and make that "Aahhhhhhh" noise.

Could you imagine this at CTC? Unrealistic, maybe, but a guy can dream:

Wow, that could actually work. Even the seniors will be able to join that one.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
How about any time a Senator player has the puck, regardless of where he is on the ice, we scream "Shoooooooooooooooot!!"?

Half the building does that anyway, so it'll catch on fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad