Ottawa
Something like Oil Thigh would be perfect because:
-it's a tune everyone knows
-it's easy to sing
-it's not cheesy - it has history and character
-it's not too short and not too long - sweet spot of around 20-30 words
-it's easy to do inebriated
-there's an accompanying dance that is incredibly simple

All characteristics that a Sens supporter chant should embody (except maybe that last one).

Even though I went to McGill I am jealous of the Oil Thigh.

I would be jealous too, in your shoes!

This way, everyone gets to oil thigh!

Let's get to work, what's Gealic for "Senator?..."

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Heard from the grapevine that Red Scarf Union has ALREADY sold out their designated supporter's group section (319). Looks like this is a real thing. They're planning on practising their songs and such at the Georgetown Pub. Anyone here a member/know of anyone going?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Heard from the grapevine that Red Scarf Union has ALREADY sold out their designated supporter's group section (319). Looks like this is a real thing. They're planning on practising their songs and such at the Georgetown Pub. Anyone here a member/know of anyone going?

They were selling tickets for the home opener on Saturday at the Fan day, their seemed to be quite a bit of interest throughout the day, so they may have sold out for at least the home opener.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Whey hey and up she rises, whey hey and up she rises, whey hey and up she rises early in the morning.

Drink from the cup and pour if over, drink from the cup and pour it over, drink from the cup and pour it over early in the morning.

What do ya do with a drunken Sabre what do ya do with a drunken sabre what do ya do with a drunken sabre early in the morning

Throw em in the box until the games over, throw em in the box until the games over, throw em in the box until the games over ---- just to get pailer?

Hooow mannnnnny habs dove over, hooow mannnny habs dove over, hoooow mannny habs dove over just to have em ------

How many shots till andy's sober? How many shots till andy's sober how many shots till andy's sober just to fall oooover

Score roar and up she rises score roar and up she rises early in the morning

Throw the ref out until hes sober throw the ref out until hes sober throw the ref out until hes sober early in the morning

Leafs suck and now theyre bad word leafs suck and now theyre bad word leafs suck and now theyre bad word bernier is a siveeee

I like sea shanties. Just spitballing

This is fantastic. Print 'em off and hand 'em out. I'm sure we can write verses for other rival teams.

Sorry I'm too lazy to read every post. Is there any word on which games this will be?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I've been thinking that adapting "when the saints go marching in" would work for the Sens. I'll get working on some lyrics. Starting at a simple known tune like that is key.

Bingo. Literally change one word. Saints to Sens.

I went to a Spurs game once, and that's what we chanted that a LOT. And we were in the away supporters section. You limit it to the beginning lyrics, though:

Oh when the Sens...
Go marching in...
Oh when the Sens go marching in...
I want to be... in the number
Oh when the Sens go marching in.

Then one dude: Oh when the Sens..
Crowd: OH WHEN THE SENS
Go marching in GO MARCHING IN
Oh when the Sens go marching in...
I want to be.. in the number.
Oh when the Sens go marching in.

...etc.

Easy peasey. It would work, and it is epic as all hell when an entire stadium is on it. Even a single (but entire) section would have great results; for example look how loud away supporter sections can get at soccer games. Only concern is it takes a good minute, so during play something would inevitably occur to make the crowd stop and make that "Aahhhhhhh" noise.

Could you imagine this at CTC? Unrealistic, maybe, but a guy can dream:

But not in Section 319 in the upper deck, where red-and-black-clad fans stood, beating on drums and raising a din all night. “Oh, when the Sens! Go marching in!” they sang again and again,

Well, someone was listening to us.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They'll have their work cut out for them tonight with all those Leaf fans in attendance.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I will not subjugate myself to the scoreboard. Might as well revert to, "everybody clap your hands. *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*."

I would love it if when the scoreboard did the "Make some NOOOIIIISE! Everybody bleated like sheep.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I'm at the game. They're going a good job but the sens keep allowing bad deflating goals

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
“We will not be outshouted in our own building!†Kehoe pledged to the emptying arena. “This is our house!â€

Right. Good on ya boys! People in Ottawa need to get off their ***** and be loud. Why wait til the playoffs to the loud? These guys want to make this happen in the regular season so kudos to them!

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I was in 319 tonight. So many cheers lol.

Kessel sucks!
Kessel's fat!
REIMER .... REIMER .... Reimer .... YOU SUCK
OH, OH OH OH OH, OH
THIS IS OUR HOUSE
Captain Karlsson, clap clap clap clap clap
OH WHEN THE SENS GO MARCHING IN

To name a few.

My voice is shot.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Great showing from the RSU. Despite the loss it actually felt good to show Leafs fans how to cheer. You'd never see something like that at the ACC. :nod:

Loud and proud keep it up!

EdSoxFan

Conscientious Protester
Mar 8, 2013
Ottawa
I was at the Red Wings game last week and I LOVED the OH, OH OH OH OH, OH (Seven Nation Army) chant!

It's relatively simple, is recognizable, and brings energy to the whole arena!

:handclap::handclap:

How can I get tickets to join RSN for an upcoming game?!

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I was at the Red Wings game last week and I LOVED the OH, OH OH OH OH, OH (Seven Nation Army) chant!

It's relatively simple, is recognizable, and brings energy to the whole arena!

:handclap::handclap:

How can I get tickets to join RSN for an upcoming game?!

Do you have/use Facebook? Join the RSU Facebook page and ask there. The page is very active and has over 2000 members, so you should get a response quite quickly :P Someone will definitely point you in the right direction :)

EdSoxFan

Conscientious Protester
Mar 8, 2013
Ottawa
Do you have/use Facebook? Join the RSU Facebook page and ask there. The page is very active and has over 2000 members, so you should get a response quite quickly :P Someone will definitely point you in the right direction :)

Thanks, Inf4mous0ne! I've joined RSU on Facebook and have purchased tickets to games on Dec 29 (vs Sabres) and Apr 7 (vs Penguins)!

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Gotta admit, sounds pretty cool on TV, and live it really changes the atmosphere of the building. I guess because I am in 219 and I get to hear it loud and clear!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Maybe steal from the Roughriders and go with "Leafs Side Sucks"? Except both sides could yell the same thing. It would be great to hear both sides of CTC screaming "Leafs Side Sucks" back and forth at each other in turn.

More generally, any cheer that would have both sides of the building yelling back and forth in turn would be awesome. Would require some of the RSU guys to get creative and actively reach out to another section on the other side of the building to get the cheer going. Could easily be done though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad