Superleague talks

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
ffs, can they not just give it up? so now they're just proposing a similar system to what already exists except they get to run it instead of UEFA?

Reactions: Roadrage

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
ffs, can they not just give it up? so now they're just proposing a similar system to what already exists except they get to run it instead of UEFA?

Looks like the big difference on this would be that it would be an actual continental league where the domestic stuff would be cups instead of domestic leagues with the continental stuff being a cup (or a cup with a mini-league in front of it)

Reactions: maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Looks like the big difference on this would be that it would be an actual continental league where the domestic stuff would be cups instead of domestic leagues with the continental stuff being a cup (or a cup with a mini-league in front of it)

I had to read that three times before I understood it :D
Hm, well that just seems incredibly far-fetched. The Czech and Slovak leagues have discussed many times trying to reintegrate and even on that level there's just too many hurdles. National leagues aren't going to just hand over the reins.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I had to read that three times before I understood it :D
Hm, well that just seems incredibly far-fetched. The Czech and Slovak leagues have discussed many times trying to reintegrate and even on that level there's just too many hurdles. National leagues aren't going to just hand over the reins.
LOL same....

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not that I actually want it, but part of me would absolutely be intrigued by a more NA league setup where every club in the league is a top tier club filled with top tier players. Eliminating the games where lesser talented teams just play negative and sit back where they can't be broken down, etc. Make it so top players have to go against top competition every week, instead of opportunities to pad stats against lesser clubs.

I don't actually want it, but I can see the intrigue. Far more cons than pros IMO though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Eliminating the games where lesser talented teams just play negative and sit back where they can't be broken down, etc.
Maybe it's because i watch a lot of Brighton but i kind of feel like this less and less the case for smaller clubs. Teams are more willing to go at big clubs these days.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not that I actually want it, but part of me would absolutely be intrigued by a more NA league setup where every club in the league is a top tier club filled with top tier players. Eliminating the games where lesser talented teams just play negative and sit back where they can't be broken down, etc. Make it so top players have to go against top competition every week, instead of opportunities to pad stats against lesser clubs.

I don't actually want it, but I can see the intrigue. Far more cons than pros IMO though.
This sounds like NA sports or at least thats what they try to do. It sucks. The new CL format is also trash and I would be opposed to something new that becomes better but this aint it imo ( the first proposal of SL). Flo having more power and his ideas about the next generation of footy is also a death sentence.
Maybe it's because i watch a lot of Brighton but i kind of feel like this less and less the case for smaller clubs. Teams are more willing to go at big clubs these days.
A lot of teams still bunker... even the big teams bunker on occasion. You cant kill Tuchball, Simeonball, Mouball etc.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's probably true, smaller clubs will hopefully continue the trend of what Brighton has done.

Reactions: robertmac43

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

"Tournament" in the case of the OP are leagues, not cups.

They're not going to eliminate domestic leagues to only play a 14-game European season.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
What?
This wouldn't change ANYTHING for any domestic league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad