Superleague Part III: Collapsed

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I take this to mean your answer to my question is 'yes, most foreign fans wouldn't care.'
Not in the slightest. As much weight as I’d love to put into your stellar “I’ve been to US soccer bars” research, there’s nothing whatsoever suggesting foreign fans are majority inclined to support a super league.

And more to the point, my post was suggesting it doesn’t even matter. Local support holds more sway and there’s nothing pointing to that changing, on this subject especially.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not in the slightest. As much weight as I’d love to put into your stellar “I’ve been to US soccer bars” research, there’s nothing whatsoever suggesting foreign fans are majority inclined to support a super league.

And more to the point, my post was suggesting it doesn’t even matter. Local support does, and until otherwise proven, hold more sway.
I get that this is very confusing to english speakers in general, and especially those who have no experience with research but what I was referring to in that post is called anecdotal evidence...and it shouldn't be used to make any conclusions about anything because it provides an incomplete picture and can be badly misleading.

That's why I wanted to know if others shared my impression about how foreign fans would react to the SL replacing the CL & EPL for the big teams.

And yeah, your post was really off-topic and had little to do with what I was wondering about, but that's nothing new. Obviously congratulations on finally starting to notice how often you "pull an evilo" but I guess I'm just used to that from you :dunno:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I get that this is very confusing to english speakers in general, and especially those who have no experience with research but what I was referring to in that post is called anecdotal evidence...and it shouldn't be used to make any conclusions about anything because it provides an incomplete picture and can be badly misleading.

And yeah, your post was really off-topic and had little to do with what I was wondering about, but that's nothing new. Obviously congratulations & it's that you've started to notice how often you "pull an evilo" but I guess I'm just used to that from you :dunno:
Yes, I’m fully aware that your little soliloquy was “anecdotal evidence” and thus completely worthless. I said as much. I kind of expected you to get it the first time, but definitely weird your response was to eviscerate your own foundational logic more thoroughly than I did in the post you were quoting. To then act as I was the one not getting it is a fun hail mary on your part, but in any event, I’m always happy to repeat myself for a fan.

There’s nothing off topic about my post. You used your anecdotal “evidence” and spun it into some theory whereby foreign fans dictate what the PL clubs will do. My post was specifically saying those fans were irrelevant, as evidenced by supporters marching on Stamford Bridge being among the catalysts for the first PL clubs to pull out of the super league. Again kind of weird, as I thought that was pretty clear, but now I’m having to say it twice three times.

That last sentence is pure nonsense and I have no idea what it means :dunno:

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It would work certainly better if relegation was a thing rather than eternal spot booked into that league.
That was a MAJOR problem.
Let merit earn that spot and suddenly, this seems plausible.

Agreed, but I don’t want to see my club (or any club for that matter) not play in their domestic competitions. Current format is fine.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah, no, there's no way a variation of this concept can be implemented without coming into a gazillion problems and screwing over an endless number of teams. I don't see how it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad