OT: SuperBowl GameDay Thread

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Let's keep SuperBowl talk out of the OT thread.

So keep it here.

Go SeaHawks!
yahoo_russellwilsonbargain.jpg

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
So people, you may start fighting for me as I am still undecided which team I'll support. Any good arguments? :D

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So people, you may start fighting for me as I am still undecided which team I'll support. Any good arguments? :D

Seahawks are all about tough D, old school football. Great running game as well with Lynch. Wilson is a dynamic QB that makes plays happen all over the place. Seahawks have arguably the best (the loudest for sure) fans in the game. Great support, with something like 10% of them being Canadian (from Vancouver).

Broncos has an unreal offense, one of the best ever assembled. The best QB to ever play the game, 4 unreal receivers, great TE and great backs in the passing game. Peyton could be the first QB to ever win the big game with 2 different teams.

Both teams have Canadian connections with Browner (suspended) being a ex-CFLer and Canadian Orlando Franklin a starter on the offensive line for Denver. Seattle also had a Canadian longsnapper for a long time (still maybe?) and gave Jesse Lumsden a tryout a few years back.

This really is the perfect SuperBowl matchup. One of the best ever. They were the two best teams all season, using opposite strategies (offense versus defense). Should be a great game. Super excited.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Seahawks are all about tough D, old school football. Great running game as well with Lynch. Wilson is a dynamic QB that makes plays happen all over the place. Seahawks have arguably the best (the loudest for sure) fans in the game. Great support, with something like 10% of them being Canadian (from Vancouver).

Broncos has an unreal offense, one of the best ever assembled. The best QB to ever play the game, 4 unreal receivers, great TE and great backs in the passing game. Peyton could be the first QB to ever win the big game with 2 different teams.

Both teams have Canadian connections with Browner (suspended) being a ex-CFLer and Canadian Orlando Franklin a starter on the offensive line for Denver. Seattle also had a Canadian longsnapper for a long time (still maybe?) and gave Jesse Lumsden a tryout a few years back.

This really is the perfect SuperBowl matchup. One of the best ever. They were the two best teams all season, using opposite strategies (offense versus defense). Should be a great game. Super excited.

and the Broncos are a rather good team anyway, right? I mean they make the playoffs like every year? Has Seattle ever been to the superbowl?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

If the Seahawks came out to this, it would make my life :laugh:

Rap game John Elway :sarcasm:

GO SEAHAWKS (as a Pats fan, I can't cheer for Peyton, plus I really like the defense first mentality and Sherman is a beast and I love his confidence).

Hero of Canton

My very own riot?
Feb 2, 2012
Edmonton, AB

Solid breakdown and should be a solid game. I do like Manning but in a battle of the best defence vs. the best offence I have to cheer for the D since that was my favorite side of the ball throughout my career. Always more fun to be the one delievering the hit rather than being hit. :yo:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Also, I love having the joke of Eli having more rings at the dinner table (which is ridiculous in my mind, even though Eli is super clutch in the playoffs).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
and the Broncos are a rather good team anyway, right? I mean they make the playoffs like every year? Has Seattle ever been to the superbowl?

Don't think Seattle has ever been to the SuperBowl before.

Denver was really good back in the Elway days of the late 90's. They went through some up and down years in the 00's eventually became known for a shutdown D. But in the past 4-5 years they have transitioned back into an offensive team again. And yes they are generally a good team. Haven't been to a SuperBowl since Elway's retirement though I think (1999?).

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Don't think Seattle has ever been to the SuperBowl before.

Denver was really good back in the Elway days of the late 90's. They went through some up and down years in the 00's eventually became known for a shutdown D. But in the past 4-5 years they have transitioned back into an offensive team again. And yes they are generally a good team. Haven't been to a SuperBowl since Elway's retirement though I think (1999?).

I believe they lost once in the SB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

2006, loss to the Steelers 26-10.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg

Good write up! I've been a long time Hawks fan, so while a loss here would be a huge disappointment, I can respect the fact that this is a fantastic match-up that there's no shame in losing.

You also forgot Jon Ryan (ex-Bomber) is punting for Seattle.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Good write up! I've been a long time Hawks fan, so while a loss here would be a huge disappointment, I can respect the fact that this is a fantastic match-up that there's no shame in losing.

You also forgot Jon Ryan (ex-Bomber) is punting for Seattle.

Wow, cannot BELIEVE that I forgot Ryan. You are right, ex-Bomber in the SuperBowl that's awesome. Lol, gotta love Ryan, probably the only punter EVER to be a team's MVP (even it wasn't official, during those two bad years he was easily the best player the Bombers had) :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00