GDT: Superb Owl Thread

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Shanahan blew it by refusing to run the ball in the third. Best RB in the league and they neutered him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I doubt people are upset about the relationship itself. It’s the never ending coverage she gets which is nauseating.
Which they take out on her or shit on her for it. It’s all the networks fault. She is just there to watch and support her boyfriend. espn just wants to use her for clout.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
NFL Bikini Bottom broadcast on Nickelodeon was smart. My kids watched more football than they ever previously have. The announcers were fun/silly and explained the strategy and rules at the right level.

Between this and capitalizing on the good fortune of Swift dating one of their star players, it's like the NFL has figured out how to print money.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Watching grown men get this upset about a relationship is hilarious

I doubt people are upset about the relationship itself. It’s the never ending coverage she gets which is nauseating.

This is entirely why. I see it as no different as the annoyance of Drake with the Raptors and Beiber with the Leafs.

Annoying af

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Mahomes is so overrated it’s not even funny. It’s wild to listen to the broadcast saying he willed his team to a victory.

That was all Andy Reid, the great Patrick Mahomes throwing 1 and 2 yard passes relying on YAC yardage. Andy knew they had no chance doing anything else in this game. Brilliant coach that recognized the limitations of his QB and team.

It’s amazing what a team can do when they buy into great coaching.
Andy Reid First 18 Seasons Coaching Without Mahomes - Zero SB Wins
Andy Reid Next 6 Seasons Coaching With Mahomes - 3 SB wins

Reactions: Kepler 186f

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
This is entirely why. I see it as no different as the annoyance of Drake with the Raptors and Beiber with the Leafs.

Annoying af
Difference is someone like Drake is nothing but a fanboy, and puts himself at the center of attention, courtside seats, etc. Swift is pretty much the most popular person in the world, doesn't need any more attention, doesn't go out of her way to promote the relationship, and just wants to support her boyfriend, like any normal person would. It isn't her fault the media fawn all over her. I still don't get what she is doing that is so horribly wrong. If you're angry with whatever social media you follow for trying to publicize her private life for their advantage, then I agree that's gross.

Think of it this way. If McDavid was say dating a world ranked tennis player, and flew into all of her events, and the media was posting his every move, wondering how he would fit her games into his busy schedule, and he was just sitting in his seat watching her and supporting her, would you call him Connor McShit and insult him, or would you call out the media for creating the shitstorm?

Last edited:

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
LMAO

IMG_4531.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad