Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anybody have advice beating Ike? I use Starfox and my bro has been using him and it seems that all his sword attacks lunge half of the freakin' map. Really frustrating.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Anybody unlock Elite Smash mode for online? Doesn't seem like anybody is sure what the actual requirements are to get it, they aren't sure if it's based on global smash power or W/L ratio.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the piranha plant is physical copy.

anyways. turns out all those characters i really wanted to try.... well im simply really bad with them. haha

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm finally about to play after getting it on Friday (work and other bull**** has gotten in the way).

What is the best way to play since I don't have a Gamecube adapter thingy?

I think it's personal preference. I've played mostly just using the mobile console, because I've found it easier to perform the combos. However, I've also found that my hand tends to cramp up when playing like that.

Playing with just the joy-cons offers a wider range of movement, but the handling gets a little wonky. When performing moves that require a certain direction (ie: most of them), you'll occasionally find that it doesn't register or it registers the wrong direction.

But that's just my experience

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Since there are so many fighters, I am conducting a journey to try out every fighter once. The downside to this is I am playing many for the first time since Melee and I got absolutely owned by Wii Trainer and Jigglypuff in the "incoming new fighter" section. Holy smokes, Jigglypuff owned me as Captain Falcon, like 180 damage to 40.
Pros have been losing those fights too

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The skill level of the challengers must be completely random. I fought Mega Man the first time and he literally just juggled me to like 120% and then finished me off. I never got one hit on him.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Yeah they need to fix the matching system. It’s ridiculous.

So, some are saying Link is OP? I really don’t think so. He’s top tier for sure, but he’s not insanely OP.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pros have been losing those fights too
I just went 0-4 on new characters today and not because I suck, but because three of the maps I were playing for the first time and either lava spits out on you, half of the level falls apart, or the camera tilts at insane angles. Half of the arenas are like unplayable because there is absolutely no fun fighting and following the camera like that one Mario-based map with the flying pirate ship.

I am glad they didn't make it easy, but sometimes it is beyond frustrating.

Reactions: CPTN71

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i do believe if its some AI thing. i keep losing to my friend whos really good and he will lose many challenges. if i ended up getting the challenge after a rare win, i would destroy most of the characters.
and now its like the AI caught on that i am getting better. so its harder. weird game.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I finally managed to unlock a bunch of challengers in a row using the re-challenge option. In particular: Richter, Lucas and Isabelle kept absolutely destroying me over and over again. Richter with his whip and his crazy weapons, Lucas and his reflect, and Isabelle I just cannot understand, she just gets me all the time. But I have been playing only with Incineroar lately to try and practice and I managed to beat them. Richter just barely, he self-destructed right before I was about to do the same.

Incineroar is so much fun. Once you practice a bit and get the timing right, especially in regards to his side-b move which you can either launch them up or perform a backwards smash if you hit B again at the right time, he becomes very versatile. His smash attacks are very strong and very fast, though the range is just OK (his down smash is underrated). His throws are also crazy strong... I never really bother using grabs and throws but with him it's amazing. My biggest issue really is trying not to self-destruct, since his recovery sucks and his up-B can often cause him to fly off the stage if you aren't careful. I have an instinct from 20 years of playing to press up-B any time I need to recover, but his real recovery is side-B, whereas up-B will likely not give you enough of a boost to get back to the stage, and if you miss, you are automatically dead.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My friend code is:

SW-7296-7718-5975

I also created an HF Arena:

HF Randy Bnubs
Password: 44333226
(password is from typing out "HFBo" on T9)
Rules: 3 stock, 5 minutes, 4-on-4 free for all, low items, random stage, moving stages and massive stages turned off
Arena ID: 2FKHR

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
My friend code is:

SW-7296-7718-5975

I also created an HF Arena:

HF Randy Bnubs
Password: 44333226
(password is from typing out "HFBo" on T9)
Rules: 3 stock, 5 minutes, 4-on-4 free for all, low items, random stage, moving stages and massive stages turned off

We should try and set up a time for a match. Late night works best for me but I will probably be playing all weekend as well.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I just went 0-4 on new characters today and not because I suck, but because three of the maps I were playing for the first time and either lava spits out on you, half of the level falls apart, or the camera tilts at insane angles. Half of the arenas are like unplayable because there is absolutely no fun fighting and following the camera like that one Mario-based map with the flying pirate ship.

I am glad they didn't make it easy, but sometimes it is beyond frustrating.
Have you tried any of the Spirit Board challenges? They're so hard sometimes, lol.

I have every character unlocked EXCEPT Greninja. Screw that guy, lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Have you tried any of the Spirit Board challenges? They're so hard sometimes, lol.

I have every character unlocked EXCEPT Greninja. Screw that guy, lol.

Ive got most of my most wanted unlocked. Duck Hunt Dog and Ken are the only ones who spring to mind. Greninja challenged me last night but I lost and don't care.

Damn, what I should have done is just refused to beat the characters I don't care about and then only unlock the good fighters so my selection screen isn't cluttered with crap. :nod:

Maybe a challenge for a second profile account. :nod:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I finally managed to unlock a bunch of challengers in a row using the re-challenge option. In particular: Richter, Lucas and Isabelle kept absolutely destroying me over and over again. Richter with his whip and his crazy weapons, Lucas and his reflect, and Isabelle I just cannot understand, she just gets me all the time. But I have been playing only with Incineroar lately to try and practice and I managed to beat them. Richter just barely, he self-destructed right before I was about to do the same.

Incineroar is so much fun. Once you practice a bit and get the timing right, especially in regards to his side-b move which you can either launch them up or perform a backwards smash if you hit B again at the right time, he becomes very versatile. His smash attacks are very strong and very fast, though the range is just OK (his down smash is underrated). His throws are also crazy strong... I never really bother using grabs and throws but with him it's amazing. My biggest issue really is trying not to self-destruct, since his recovery sucks and his up-B can often cause him to fly off the stage if you aren't careful. I have an instinct from 20 years of playing to press up-B any time I need to recover, but his real recovery is side-B, whereas up-B will likely not give you enough of a boost to get back to the stage, and if you miss, you are automatically dead.
Isabelle is a bitch. I will not buy Animal Crossing in protest! lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad